Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 54 20.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 73 27.5%
  • Trade

Votes: 138 52.1%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Wild stuff from this kid.

Bruins have moved from 6.25* to 8...

6.25* mil, IMO, when doing a shorter deal is them paying for the current body of work. Doesn't really work IMO when you push it to a full 8 years.

8 mil is paying for what you think the player can be and IMO is more than fair..

Where did Sways camp start and what have they come down to? Gross' comments tell me its not close to 8 mil..

Last edited:

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
yes of course. Just like if Swayman started at 10.5 or 11 that would be equally as ridiculous as sub 7.
That’s my point - it’s a starting point, same with Swayman’s original ask. I’m not saying he should sign for that low (or that the Bruins should immediately cave to Swayman’s demand). The starting points are a crucial step in the negotiation process so they obviously do count.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Bruins have moved from 6.4 to 8...

6.4 mil, IMO, when doing a shorter deal is them paying for the current body of work. Doesn't really work IMO when you push it to a full 8 years.

8 mil is paying for what you think the player can be and IMO is more than fair..

Where did Sways camp start and what have they come down to? Gross' comments tell me its not close to 8 mil..
supposedly started at 9.5

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Really seems like it right? I'm think if he had an offers he would have signed them by now with someone else. Could also see him signing something for less and the Bruins reading between the lines he doesn't want to be there and deal him. A team could give him 9 and the comp is only a 1-2-3. Crazy stuff
the comp for 9/yr is only a 1-2-3 if the contract is 5 years or less. Offer sheets for longer than 5 years have the compensation based on the total value divided by 5 years, even if it's 7 or 8, so 9Mx8yrs has 4 1sts as the compensation

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Honestly just let him sit out and miss the season if that’s true, don’t even try to trade him. This whole situation is ridiculous.
Lol, if its true that Boston offered him 6.5M\8 then you have to think if you're Swayman you're justified in thinking they want to lift 8 million ####ing dollars from my wallet, because no one believes 6.5\8 is a good faith offer. So you take their arb offer and if true 6.5M\8, yeah I can see Swayman could be pissed. How much money did he put in the Bruins coffers last May?

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I want Swayman back in Boston signed to a long term deal, and I was feeling good about this getting done up to a few weeks ago. But, once regular season games are missed I think it would be difficult for the two sides to mend fences, and I think he will lose a lot of support from the fanbase that has been built up throughout his career in Boston.

I love confidence in a goalie, and Sway is certainly betting on himself now but if this is not resolved in the next few days it might be impossible to mend fences.

Not that I want to see it happen, but could he play in the KHL this season as an RFA? What kind of salary could he make there...would it be worth it?

Reactions: Ladyfan

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Who’s more credible, friedman or Seravalli?

Because friedman says the 64 million offer was real and Seravalli says it was 62 mil and Cam was lying about 64 mil.

Reactions: lopey

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
Lol, if its true that Boston offered him 6.5M\8 then you have to think if you're Swayman you're justified in thinking they want to lift 8 million ####ing dollars from my wallet, because no one believes 6.5\8 is a good faith offer. So you take their arb offer and if true 6.5M\8, yeah I can see Swayman could be pissed. How much money did he put in the Bruins coffers last May?
Boston offering 6.5x8 is a lot more reasonable and less offensive than Swayman looking for 10+ at this stage in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad