• Long term deal

Votes: 87 29.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 147 50.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
We, as Bruins fans, should all breathe a sigh of relief cause if we were going with the Korpi/Bussi tandem we were in for a long year.
Yes, they were going to go from having an elite starter start 82 games last year to 0 this year. Now they will go from 82 to 55 or so. Much better!

Reactions: JOKER 192

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
It's funny to me how 8×8 was mentioned by so many people including fans for a long time. At same time we had people saying Swayman might be trying to set goalie market. After all he did take business classes at Maine!

I think Neely was 100% truthful when he let the 64m number out. Bruins were offering 64 and Swayman's agent completely full of shit saying they weren't aware of it. Waiting for news to drop that Swayman has fired his agent for not informing him of offer. Just like Freddie Freeman.

We could have gotten to this 66m compromise without all the bullshit.
Yeah, it does seem foolish. I think most people thought $6-7 on a short term deal and $7-8 on a long, but I think this was about more than money for Swayman, he wanted a pound of flesh after the arbitration hearing and in that regard he got what he wanted.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Now that this is done, and even most of the anti-pay Sway club were ok with $8M/8yr, why should there be any negative reaction to him? Isn't this pretty much what we all wanted? How many truly believe that over 8 years this is too much?
I think he got a bit to much but it is what it is. I hope he lives up to it and is great for us the next 8 years.

I for one will be 100% a fan because he is a bruin and that is my team and always will be.

Some fans have long memories and if he doesn’t start out good and lets in some soft goals he is going to hear it from the fans.

There are 64 million reasons why he should have saved that is going to be the most overused phrase of the season

Reactions: RustyBruins72

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I’d be ecstatic if it wasn’t for this overwhelming feeling of relief.

Said from the beginning that the right deal was something Saros adjacent and while we don’t know the finer details, at least in AAV, this appears to be the case.

For the sake of my own snark (which has been earned through these countless threads and the bitching in them) I sincerely hope those who had drawn their own “lines in the sand” are absolutely f***ing miserable at the news this morning. I hope you’re furious at Swayman staying in Boston, at this number, for all of these years. I hope you’re f***ing sick to your stomachs. Because at least then, you’d be consistent.

You're the f***ing best.

• Love
Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’d be ecstatic if it wasn’t for this overwhelming feeling of relief.

Said from the beginning that the right deal was something Saros adjacent and while we don’t know the finer details, at least in AAV, this appears to be the case.

For the sake of my own snark (which has been earned through these countless threads and the bitching in them) I sincerely hope those who had drawn their own “lines in the sand” are absolutely f***ing miserable at the news this morning. I hope you’re furious at Swayman staying in Boston, at this number, for all of these years. I hope you’re f***ing sick to your stomachs. Because at least then, you’d be consistent.
The Ministry of Truth- Records Dept is already busy scrubbing the history.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Still can’t believe that more people thought he’d be traded than re-up here.

Attachments

• IMG_2394.png
    IMG_2394.png
    361.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: RustyBruins72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad