• Long term deal

Votes: 86 29.7%
  • Trade

Votes: 146 50.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It's funny to me how 8×8 was mentioned by so many people including fans for a long time. At same time we had people saying Swayman might be trying to set goalie market. After all he did take business classes at Maine!

I think Neely was 100% truthful when he let the 64m number out. Bruins were offering 64 and Swayman's agent completely full of shit saying they weren't aware of it. Waiting for news to drop that Swayman has fired his agent for not informing him of offer. Just like Freddie Freeman.

We could have gotten to this 66m compromise without all the bullshit.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It's funny to me how 8×8 was mentioned by so many people including fans for a long time. At same time we had people saying Swayman might be trying to set goalie market. After all he did take business classes at Maine!

I think Neely was 100% truthful when he let the 64m number out. Bruins were offering 64 and Swayman's agent completely full of shit saying they weren't aware of it. Waiting for news to drop that Swayman has fired his agent for not informing him of offer. Just like Freddie Freeman.

We could have gotten to this 66m compromise without all the bullshit.

Neely was rounding down!

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Signed in since Bergeron retirement.
I only have one question...
Do we have the data on the collateral damaged caused by the monumental stressful experience fans had to deal with?

Prayers to those that didn't make it.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Glad its done, seems like such a relief, although it dragged on way too long. Now find a way to score more goals. Sway will steal one extra goal against over the other two they have right now. This contract will be a bargain in a few years. Maybe another team would be interested in one of our other keepers.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
We, as Bruins fans, should all breathe a sigh of relief cause if we were going with the Korpi/Bussi tandem we were in for a long year.
I am more worried about the scoring, those two were not Sway but they were looking decent. Glad its done and they improved in a position now improve the last thing missing.

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
Now that this is done, and even most of the anti-pay Sway club were ok with $8M/8yr, why should there be any negative reaction to him? Isn't this pretty much what we all wanted? How many truly believe that over 8 years this is too much?

Reactions: lopey

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Don't forget the villian to hero swerve by Neely, going from the greatest liar in the history of liars to wise and verbally nimble negotiator.
I wonder how many takes he did before they went out there

• Haha
Reactions: 24giovanni

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Now that this is done, and even most of the anti-pay Sway club were ok with $8M/8yr, why should there be any negative reaction to him? Isn't this pretty much what we all wanted? How many truly believe that over 8 years this is too much?
8 seems right all along

7.5-8.5 was my range

Like if your ‘ideal’ weight is 190 lbs anything from 185-195 is ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad