Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
there are alot of people killing Swayman personally like he stole their significant other.

Swayman does not need to do whats best for the team. He doesn't need to take less because they couldnt find a center for 20 years to replace what they had and paid 4.5 mil in overages last season, meaning they couldn't give him a long term deal. Also not his fault they got a 3 million dollar backup forced upon them.

You must be disgusted with McAvoy and Pasta for not doing whats best for the team.

Cant put an elite goal scorer Pasta n the same category as a goalie who's never handled a #1 workload. Whats next? Compare sway to kucherov?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Cant put an elite goal scorer Pasta n the same category as a goalie who's never handled a #1 workload. Whats next? Compare sway to kucherov?
point was they made him THE HIGHEST PAID RW IN HISTORY, where did he say, I need to take less for the good of the team. Why should Swayman? If you need your star players to take hometwon discounts you are managing the cap soon. He deserved every cent. McAvoy too. Swayman too

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Odds makers, they're never wrong. Guess what the odds get worse when you don't play.:huh:

He has a confession to be made. SwayHey "IS" Jeremy Swayman:sarcasm:
I always hear about the Bruins odds so I figured I would post these

I wish I was Swayman lol

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
point was they made him THE HIGHEST PAID RW IN HISTORY, where did he say, I need to take less for the good of the team. Why should Swayman? If you need your star players to take hometwon discounts you are managing the cap soon. He deserved every cent. McAvoy too. Swayman too
Pasta's resume was much fuller than your binkys.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Those type of goal scorers aren't found easily though so yes they will cost more. You can find goalies who will play well with a good defense or team in front of them. A team would send an offer sheet for Pasta. Heck they did for kessel. Sway has not proved enough to be considered by other teams giving up assets and picks

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
SwayHey, you would run any business into the ground wearing your heart on your sleeve as you do.
The intent is in the right place, but delusional.

Just look at the balance on opinions on this thread. The truth is in the middle.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Odds makers, they're never wrong. Guess what the odds get worse when you don't play.:huh:

He has a confession to be made. SwayHey "IS" Jeremy Swayman:sarcasm:
Pretty wild that a goalie who's only gotten 3 third place votes for the Vezina in his career is favorited to win it. Guessing Bruins fans have been loading up on that bet.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
Great minds think alike. I've moved a little begrudgingly to an AAV of 8.5 tops, but 7.5 is the right #.
Good money short enough term to see if he can handle being #1 in the NHL, and it leaves him young enough for 1 more, bigger payday if he earns it.

I love that he has such a huge ego, but sooner or later the check needs to be cashed to see if there funds to cover it.
Yes, really, really bad analogy.:huh:
No one knows what has or hasn't been offered/refused, but I'd have to believe if Sweeney offered $7.5 - $8M for 4 years Swayman would have taken it - if the rumoured 8 yrs/$9.5M ask from Swayman is accurate, an extra $1.5M for each of the 4 years remaining in a rising cap world doesn't seem unreasonable to me. In fact, after 4 years, there's a better than reasonable chance Swayman would get a lot more.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
SwayHey, you would run any business into the ground wearing your heart on your sleeve as you do.
The intent is in the right place, but delusional.

Just look at the balance on opinions on this thread. The truth is in the middle.
My business model would be to overpay for your top talent if need be and trim the fat towards the bottom of your company. Bruins have 3 must pay guys, Swayman is one of them. I appreciate the Lindholm and Zadorov signings...I wouldn't spend 2.75 on a 6 D or 3 mil on a back goalie.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Would you trade Pasta for Swayman, would you trade McAvoy for Swayman, now that might not be a fair way to judge Swaymans value, but this whole process is turning into a real shit show anyways.

Pasta's resume was much fuller than your binkys.
Awesome !

Reactions: dangermike

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Pretty wild that a goalie who's only gotten 3 third place votes for the Vezina in his career is favorited to win it. Guessing Bruins fans have been loading up on that bet.
He got 3 3rds, but was 7th in overall voting.
My business model would be to overpay for your top talent if need be and trim the fat towards the bottom of your company. Bruins have 3 must pay guys, Swayman is one of them. I appreciate the Lindholm and Zadorov signings...I wouldn't spend 2.75 on a 6 D or 3 mil on a back goalie.
You're not wrong about the last thing, but he still doesn't deserve the money you want to pay him YET.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
25 year old goalie favorite for the Vezina

year one. All rookie team
year two. Jennings trophy 24-6-4 2.27 .920 4so
year three. Best post season performance since Tuuk in 2013.

79-33-15-2.43 .919 in 132 games

How in blue hell is that not a young superstar goalie?

Cap is 88 mil this year. Bruins can fit him. get it done.

...he played 34 games in the jennings season. dude just doesnt have the games played yet. cant get the world with that part of your resume missing. ...also lets not forget that he got bailed out down the stretch last season and the one before by linus. you dont get 9.5 for that either.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
25 year old goalie favorite for the Vezina

year one. All rookie team
year two. Jennings trophy 24-6-4 2.27 .920 4so
year three. Best post season performance since Tuuk in 2013.

79-33-15-2.43 .919 in 132 games

How in blue hell is that not a young superstar goalie?

Cap is 88 mil this year. Bruins can fit him. get it done.

If he was another Ullmark he would have been pulled before the Toronto series was over and they would have been out round 1.

How does his first three seasons and ten games stack up with goalies in history?

Who are you trading the 25 year old Swayman for? What goalies?
Unfortunately he has less value than Ullmark, so I would be happy to get a first for him. That's likely impossible.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
...he played 34 games in the jennings season. dude just doesnt have the games played yet. cant get the world with that part of your resume missing. ...also lets not forget that he got bailed out down the stretch last season and the one before by linus. you dont get 9.5 for that either.
Did you miss his stats?

Unfortunately he has less value than Ullmark, so I would be happy top get a first for him. That's likely impossible.
Did you miss the Askarov return?

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Sway, your really losing this argument, just count the number of opinions differing from yours.

You're right, they have mismanaged the cap for a while. Lots has to do with the swing and miss on the greatest season ever.
It does not justify overpaying for the conjecture of an up and coming kid being a superstar.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
They could not do that because of the cap space was very limited, unless they moved out a contract. Sway what teammate do you suggest that they should move out so you and your agent can declare victory and have your press conference, and you can all smile and take photos as your ex-teammate is packing and your present teammates wonder what the hell is going on with you.
Sorry Sway, we can't extend you because we had to sign LOOOOOOOOCCHH and have Derek Forbort on our roster!!!

Sweenius.

Now do the same thing any time any other signs an extension and gets a raise and play the maudlin card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad