Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Think we would all benefit from lowering the temperature around this topic and player, and one way I believe we can make these threads go a lot smoother would be for people to STOP f***ING LYING about Swayman saying he wants to set the goalie market.

As noted A MILLION f***ING TIMES he did not say that or anything close to that. f***.
Good job lowering the temperature

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
One thing is for sure, regardless of what happens with Sway the Bruins need to have a no Gross policy going forward. That guy is a disruptor and serves no purpose other than whispering outlandish contracts to his clients. This is has been demonstrated multiple times with multiple clubs by him at this point and if I'm Sweeney I get Sway signed and start doing whatever he can to make sure they no longer work with him or players he reps. He's toxic and i wouldn't be surprised if he had secret motives to stick it to GM's as a primary concern and the career of his clients came second.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Think we would all benefit from lowering the temperature around this topic and player, and one way I believe we can make these threads go a lot smoother would be for people to STOP f***ING LYING about Swayman saying he wants to set the goalie market.

As noted A MILLION f***ING TIMES he did not say that or anything close to that. f***.
He’s holding out so he can set the market

Sorry. I had to

• Haha
Reactions: EverettMike

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

I can't ruin the goalie market was the quote

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bruins only have X amount of cap space. If they cant fit him, they need to go with the Gs they already have. Unless you think they should dump someone to give him extra money?
No one is denying that Swayman and his agent should go after and get what they can, but remember that someone in that Lockeroom, could be a victim of his signing and probably will be a good and important player. Sweeney screwed this up from the get-go, but now he is hopefully trying to correct his mistake by not caving in to these demands. The other point I, would like to make many fans were on the Sway train, but he is losing his support quickly because of comments and demands, I also don't think that his agent is a face that is helping his cause. Sweeney is not the most popular face in Boston, might I might say he is gaining in support, even though Boston fans might not like some of Sweeneys decisions in the past they are not stupid and know Sways demands are not realistic.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Imagine if it came out that Swayman deliberately waited until the day before the season starts to sign because he was mad they traded his buddy Ullmark away and it had nothing to do with money.
Well the business student would have failed his class if he was to do that, one thing anyone in business will tell you is that you want the best product that you can have and if he misses camp,his value is degraded.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Meh, didn't stop Ohtani or James from playing in California. It's high tax also.
Perhaps the California teams had to offer Ohtani & James more than the teams they were competing with.

I’m not suggesting it’s an issue, but it has been mentioned in negotiations here in Boston. Bill Belichick recently confirmed this.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Is anyone here taking into account the Massachusetts millionaires tax and it’s potential impact on this deal?
If that is the reason why he wants more money because of the taxes you might have a legit point, but I suggest that stop blaming Sweeney, but start pointing the finger at the politicians that put these taxes in place and the voters who put them in office. I know now I will get reprimanded foe no politics, but it should not be considered a political post as much as a way of life in Massachusetts, and a true fact.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Is “not ruining” not somewhat synonymous with setting? I admit there’s a gap between those two notions and I’m asking the question honestly.
It's vastly different to me.

Not ruining, as in just wanting to fall in line with peers.

Setting the market would be more of a "hey all my peers make far too little...I want a few mil more than all of them so when they negotiate the next deal they use my contract specifically to get more money."

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If that is the reason why he wants more money because of the taxes you might have a legit point, but I suggest that stop blaming Sweeney, but start pointing the finger at the politicians that put these taxes in place and the voters who put them in office. I know now I will get reprimanded foe no politics, but it should not be considered a political post as much as a way of life in Massachusetts, and a true fact.
If I were a hockey player it’d be a consideration in my negotiation.

In the end I’m hopeful they come to terms. He’s a likable kid with talent.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

He's officially played 132 regular season NHL games. If getting paid anywhere in the 7-10M range isn't effectively setting the market, what is? Imagine what you'd then have to pay a proven elite goalie? He doesn't need to say anything. He's doing it. The actions speak much louder.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
He's officially played 132 regular season NHL games. If getting paid anywhere in the 7-10M range isn't effectively setting the market, what is? Imagine what you'd then have to pay a proven elite goalie? He doesn't need to say anything. He's doing it. The actions speak much louder.

This is my issue.

We have no idea how he/his body will respond to a #1 load. We have no idea what, if any, effect trading ullmark will have on him mentally. We have no idea how he will handle the mental load and responsibility of being a #1.

Its hard to want to affect the market when you’re looking to affect it for guys who are in a different situation than you, having been proven effective as The Guy.

I love swayman, want him here long term, and don’t begrudge him trying to get his, but logically it’s a tough-ish pill to swallow. Be the #1 for a year or two and then get paid.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
What you're saying is the Bruins are going to force him into ruining the goalie market.

AKA, resetting the market
Not sure how you interpided that lol

He's not the goalie at this point in his career to be setting anything other than proven he is a number one goalie.

He has his priorities backwards and frankly its concerning

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
He probably feels that goalies are not making enough compared to those other positions, it's not hard to think of a winger that has a higher cap hit than any goalie without winning any awards.

Or how is it possible that only 3 goalies make more than Darnell Nurse?

Yeah this is the rub. The whole make him the 5th highest paid argument goalie goes out the window if his agent has sold him that goalies are underpaid. And I don’t think the Bruins organization is going to be a trend setter here.

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9 and Pia8988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad