Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Think we're about to hit tipping point on how effective Swayman will be from a mental and physical standpoint, for this upcoming year anyway. I'm feeling he's gone if nothing happens this week.

Watching that last DiPetro goal "softie is putting it mildly" last night - my god how blessed has this fan-base been between the pipes for the past 15 years? We take it for granted (and many still complained on a daily basis) . . .GDTs will be even more unreadable if we start the season with a middle-of-the-road pairing between the pipes.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It’s an additional 4% tax hike on top of the already high state tax rate. On an 8 million dollar contract that’s an additional 320,000 in taxes. Again, that’s after the normal mass tax rate. Vasilevskiy‘s 9.5m in Florida is closer to 10.5 or 11m in Boston.
Meh, didn't stop Ohtani or James from playing in California. It's high tax also.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
that's definitely not a selling point for for bruins to overpay him bc swayman has his own agenda
If the agenda is “earn what money I can until my body is incapable of doing so.”

Sure. Then again, that’s a goal of almost every athlete. They don’t do this for free. Certainly not in their prime

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If the agenda is “earn what money I can until my body is incapable of doing so.”

Sure. Then again, that’s a goal of almost every athlete. They don’t do this for free. Certainly not in their prime
You mentioned nobody knows for certain how much Swayman is looking for … now that folk have posted his contract demands do you still believe it is Sweeney that is lowballing?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Swayman must feel like a fool sitting out while all other RFA's have signed lucrative deals. Swayman would be in the ballpark of Seider/Raymond money and term.

Sitting out because he is butt hurt over the arbitration hearing from a year ago. This, and his agent is a clown.

Sorry Sway, you have yet to play a full year a true #1 and you have zero leverage. Sit out my friend.

That being said I love Swayman and wish he was signed readying for the season but I'm on Sweeney's side here.

Reactions: Bodit9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad