Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Based on pretty much nothing, my prediction is this contract finally gets signed on Thanksgiving (US) weekend, making the first two months of the season really interesting for the rest of the goalie candidates and this place ripe for frequent freak outs :popcorn:

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
If Gross wants revenge for the Krug contract pull and the arbitration loss and is really asking for more then McAvoy ~ even though he’s 31 I would take Connor Hellebuyck.

He’s the best goalie in the league im, played at U Lowell and remember him on Hockey East saying how much he loved the area

I’m Donny I give it a couple weeks and if nothing give it a shot

I’m team Sway but if he’s not liking the offer or hanging with the boys anymore - put Hellebuyck on this team they are favored to win it all to me
I'm convinced Sway's agent sucks and is giving him bad advice.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
JFC it's possible to say you wouldn't give him a big contract without saying he's a bad person or a shitty goalie. There's a totally legit argument for a small bridge, not giving him huge money you don't think he's proven he's worth yet, or for ever paying any goalie big money.

But no, he's a POS and he once gave up a goal IN COLLEGE. f*** some of the comments in these threads are gross.
Actually a selfish POS, I believe.

Not sure when it happened but the “I’m a dumbshit” threshold has been breached. Some truly foolish stands being taken over last couple of days around here.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bang on

Florida held their parade in a mall parking lot - they couldn’t sell out playoff games

Bob suuuuuuuuucked a few years making $10 M and was replaced by Alex Lyyyyyohhhhn (or if you live in the North Shore ~ Lion)

Has Spencer Knight not had issues and a 3/13.5 M contract and Bob a $10 M unmovable contract he’s never ever around in 2023 and 2024 to slay the Broons

many fans make Mall store goldfish have memories like elephants or ex-wives

I see Bill Zito floating at or near the top of top GMs

IMAGINATION WORLD

Imagine Donny Hockey signing an unproductive & unmovable Bobrovsky to a long term 10 M per year contract ? And Spencer Knight to a 3 year deal $4.5 M per year deal, and what seems like once the first check cleared he had issues he could no longer play - not sure if it was alcohol or anxiety or at the intersection where they cross

so nobody knew ? Zito had no idea

But it’s Florida

In Boston I think Zito is no longer with us

I’m team Sway but I get 6 max and why even 4 discussed

He’s already blown off a bunch of yutes TWICE and the skeptical me wasn’t even buying the first

Earth to Sway and your posse if you read this - you got a lot of people who are not happy with you ~ you screw over 20 kids who have parents and paid for this in the days of social media and FB

I knew about this story day 1 because I was at one of them lol with my friends and kids so spare me the spin shit

Hopefully he signs here but I get why the Bruins are apparently at 6 years while Sway wants 8 M

6/50 I think is a great deal
He’s my choice for best young goalie

But he’s never around unless it’s on an island or playing guitar with his hat on backwards

Every Bruins event gathering where is he ?

And as an old school person raised on Cherry Bruins I don’t need to hear about taking classes and how mean they were comparing you to Vladar

Seriously if this place is stifling and run by mean people do what Necas is doing ~ get 2 years and explore the goalie world

He’s been fantastic on the ice but disappointing off it
Exactly!!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It’s Sweeneys fault swayman wasnt signed to a bridge deal last year ahead of arbitration.

Bruins could not afford to give swayman a bridge deal because they didn’t have cap space due to the bergy/krejci bonus carryover impacting last years cap.

If the bruins had the $4.5 million in cap that the bergy/krejci bonuses were taking up from the previous season, then swayman is likely offered a bridge deal by the bruins.

Sweeney and company knew the moment they signed bergy/krejci to those one year bonus deals, that they wouldn’t be able to give swayman a bridge deal.
I think we have to get over Sweeney's mistakes (everyone makes them). Sweeney's also done some great things too. Swayman has to get over
having his feelings hurt last year. Bringing it up so much is juvenile.
He says it's a business but acts on emotions.
Look, I think the guy is going to be a great goaltender for decades for the B's but I also thought that about Blaine Lacher, Mike Moffat, and Jim Craig.
The tail doesn't wag the dog, no matter the how much the flea (Gross) is telling it to.

Reactions: Bodit9

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Actually a selfish POS, I believe.

Not sure when it happened but the “I’m a dumbshit” threshold has been breached. Some truly foolish stands being taken over last couple of days around here.
So, Swayman is selfish for wanting to get the pay that he thinks he's worth? And you're not selfish for wanting him to take what you think he's worth?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad