Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Yep.

Sweeney mentioning December 1st is what sticks with me.

I’ll go into the season assuming we won’t get resolution until then and am curious to see it play out in the meantime.
Sweeney IMO said that so the press wouldn't keep asking for a "deadline" was actually very smart. Could say "hope by the start of season" because they would have held him to it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sweeney IMO said that so the press wouldn't keep asking for a "deadline" was actually very smart. Could say "hope by the start of season" because they would have held him to it.
I thought it was also directed at Swayman's agent. A reminder that as an RFA Swayman doesn't really have options other than Boston. He can sign sooner or later, but that's pretty much it for choices at this point in his career.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
So he didn’t say he wants to reset the goalie market at all. He says he doesn’t want to ruin the goalie market.

Meaning he doesn’t want to take a hometown discount and let other teams say to goalies “well swayman took less you should too”
That’s the thing, if DS won’t give up to about 8x8…move off his position of the 7 range just a bit…than I’ll be pissed.

But as I said, I have a feeling Swayman is putting the goalie union as his only focus, and holding to 9-10. The union and himself, I guess.

From there, I’m out. Can totally see DS saying “you’re nuts…just can’t do it.”

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Has any player whined about arbitration more than Swayman? Its all he brings up. Get over it and be an adult. His agent, Gross, was Nylander's when he held out. Use the early season to evaluate Bussi and Korpi while you have the roster spot. Swayman can use his credit card for a couple of months.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
So the answer is to trade for a much worse goalie in korpisalo who is only 9 months younger than Ullmark?
Not my answer, but its what they did and lowered cap to account for Swayman increase. who knew Gross would be negotiate like a dick. I would start without him and see how Bussi and Korpi start off.

Reactions: DaStinger

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not my answer, but its what they did and lowered cap to account for Swayman increase. who knew Gross would be negotiate like a dick. I would start without him and see how Bussi and Korpi start off.

See we don’t even know if Gross is negotiating like a dick.

I wouldn’t trust a single rumor coming out regarding the bruins, they’ve been pretty all wrong all offseason.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
See we don’t even know if Gross is negotiating like a dick.

I wouldn’t trust a single rumor coming out regarding the bruins, they’ve been pretty all wrong all offseason.
Search the Athletic for William Nylander negotiations. Look at the rumors/ leaks about offers and counter-offers and how extreme the differences are. You think they are coming from the Bruins side?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
At the end of the day, if Swayman wanted to be in camp, he'd be there.
You have to think guys in the room are even questioning him. Many before him have done deals in the best interest of the team.....
*looks around and whistles*

Reactions: Over the volcano

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
You have to think guys in the room are even questioning him. Many before him have done deals in the best interest of the team.....

What did that get any of them? Zero cups. No one on the 2011 team had taken a hometown discount. Some guys were underpaid, but no one specifically signed for less than that could have like some stars did after 2011.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Pastrnak, Carlo & McAvoy all have sat out the start of camps because they didn't have contracts.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Search the Athletic for William Nylander negotiations. Look at the rumors/ leaks about offers and counter-offers and how extreme the differences are. You think they are coming from the Bruins side?

I don’t think they are coming from either side. I think they are completely made up.

Just like every other rumor

-the rumor earlier this week that swayman was signing
- the rumor since early/mid august that swayman and Sweeney are closer than what the media is reporting

- chychrun was the main piece of the Ullmark package

- Sweeney and swayman hadn’t talked in 3 weeks.

Why would I believe these rumors when every other rumor has been wrong?

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
What did that get any of them? Zero cups. No one on the 2011 team had taken a hometown discount. Some guys were underpaid, but no one specifically signed for less than that could have like some stars did after 2011.
Zero cups, but two final losses and pretty competitive team every year since 2011.
I don't really need to explain this, as it's recognized league wide Mike.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Not sure if it has been mentioned but doesn't the fact that Bussi would have to clear waivers to be sent down to Providence mean the Bruins have some leverage here. To me, there would be some benefit to starting the season with Korpisalo and Bussi, giving Bussi some starts to see where his development is. If he is ready, the play might be to avoid sending him down and bury Korpisalo and his salary in the minors once Swayman is signed. It will be a bit dicey sending Bussi down because it is very unlikely he will pass. Korpisalo undoubtedly would.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Right, a few leaders took sweetheart deals and others followed...however in this new core, two of their biggest leaders (McAvoy and Pasta) took huge deals, slight discounts perhaps but not sweetheart deals. So how can you expect Sway (and others) to?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Zero cups, but two final losses and pretty competitive team every year since 2011.
I don't really need to explain this, as it's recognized league wide Mike.

They had championship level high end talent on amazing deals....yet still always has major obvious holes! That's the type of problem hometown discounts are supposed to help with, but THEY NEVER DID.

Reactions: smithformeragent

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Right, a few leaders took sweetheart deals and others followed...however in this new core, two of their biggest leaders (McAvoy and Pasta) took huge deals, slight discounts perhaps but not sweetheart deals. So how can you expect Sway (and others) to?
Because Swayman hasn't even had a bridge deal yet. He took a 1yr ARB deal.
Pasta and McAvoy had bridge deals, with Pasta taking a criminally undervalued bridge deal and deservedly getting a top long-term 3rd contract.
I see can both sides in the Swayman issue, but Swayman is trying to bank a year or two early. imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad