Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I wish we knew what the holdup is...
Asking for "too much"
Bruins offer too low

How much influence does the agent have.....as in keep holding on, we can squeeze them for more....I know agent works for him, but maybe he is like trust me trust me they will cave

Reactions: BamBamCam

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
From a podcast, SHUT UP MARC
Swayman was awarded a one-year, $3.48-million contract in arbitration last year. After that, he seems to have taken a different approach to negotiations for his next contract.

“The answer I’m going to give you this year is that I’ve educated myself, and that I understand the business side of it all," Swayman said. "It’s given me a complete new mindset of understanding the business and how to react to it. I understand the cap is going up and where it will be in years. I understand my comparables and how I can’t ruin the goalie market for other guys that are going to be in my shoes down the line.”

As I said, he is not looking to be the highest paid, but change the market for all goalies. The cap has gone up one year after the payback of escrow. It's "expected" to keep going up. But "death and taxes" if you feel me.
No one knows for sure. It's projected number and the owners can screw with the player with a lockout as soon as they see their advantage slipping.
Guys with the big money always win.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Guy plat < 45G/yr twice. Was the man in college, 25-30G/year.
He's never proved he can carry a 60G/year + playoffs load. Never been a pro w/o Vez winner as his coworker(Rask, Ullmark)
I don’t know why college matters, or what you’re even getting at, but cool

Point me to an interview where he has said "I want to reset the market"

Give me a link for him saying this
Exactly. There’s a huge difference between resetting the market and not ruining the market for the next set of guys

Swayman said he wanted the latter.

Reactions: ON3M4N

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
It's the same 4-6 pro Swayman voices vs a majority of more fiscally sane people on this thread.
It's almost like a microcosm of society.:huh::D

I count my hate mail at about the same 4-6 people. I can live with that.

You all do realize I'm in the 7.5M(ton of money for 25YO goalie) a year group. Hell, I'd love to double my salary after a really good year. That doesn't happen to normal people though.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
It's the same 4-6 pro Swayman voices vs a majority of more fiscally sane people on this thread.

You all do realize I'm in the 7.5M(ton of money for 25YO goalie) a year group. Hell, I'd love to double my salary after a really good year. That doesn't happen to normal people though.

My opinion is right so we're the smart ones!

Don has been one of the worst GMs in the entire NHL when it comes to boat anchor deals, yet the one where it makes sense to they get gun shy.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Out of curiousity (to be clear - I want nothing to do with trading sway), what could we reasonably target as a return?
Tough one. Trying to approach it like Sweeney would with his history of goalie trades. I would say

Late first
Alexandar Georgiev (with a million retained)
Logan O'Connor.

Fiscally sane? How much money you laying out for this contract? Do you need to switch back to Hulu live with ads now?

Why would you love to double your salary? That's selfish and bad for team morale...very anti establishment of you.

Reactions: TD Charlie

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Tough one. Trying to approach it like Sweeney would with his history of goalie trades. I would say

Late first
Alexandar Georgiev (with a million retained)
Logan O'Connor.

Fiscally sane? How much money you laying out for this contract? Do you need to switch back to Hulu live with ads now?

Why would you love to double your salary? That's selfish and bad for team morale...very anti establishment of you.
Colorado can’t even begin to fit Swayman in with their cap situation. Especially with Rantanen up next year.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Swayman was awarded a one-year, $3.48-million contract in arbitration last year. After that, he seems to have taken a different approach to negotiations for his next contract.

“The answer I’m going to give you this year is that I’ve educated myself, and that I understand the business side of it all," Swayman said. "It’s given me a complete new mindset of understanding the business and how to react to it. I understand the cap is going up and where it will be in years. I understand my comparables and how I can’t ruin the goalie market for other guys that are going to be in my shoes down the line.”

As I said, he is not looking to be the highest paid, but change the market for all goalies. The cap has gone up one year after the payback of escrow. It's "expected" to keep going up. But "death and taxes" if you feel me.
No one knows for sure. It's projected number and the owners can screw with the player with a lockout as soon as they see their advantage slipping.
"can't ruin" /= "reset".

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Workload, it's called workload. Ability to sustain a level of performance over an extended period of time without fatigue.

COOL!
Counting playoffs he started 55 games last year. You think maybe he can go 58/plus playoffs? I realize he's an old 25 but I think he could probably pull it off. Tuukka Rask somehow managed to start 56 games including playoffs the year before his 7/49....

Colorado can’t even begin to fit Swayman in with their cap situation. Especially with Rantanen up next year.
I know it was my feeble attempt at a joke with the punchline being a return similar to Linus.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Nothing new being said anymore. We’re just re-hashing old takes that have been posted on previous pages of this thread. We’re going in circles now.
I miss the days when everyone brought up "but Harley, Raymond and Seider aren't signed either, nothing to worry about!"

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

So he didn’t say he wants to reset the goalie market at all. He says he doesn’t want to ruin the goalie market.

Meaning he doesn’t want to take a hometown discount and let other teams say to goalies “well swayman took less you should too”

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Again show me where he says he wants to reset the goalie market. No where in post do you cite him saying he's want to reset the market.

Reactions: EverettMike

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
So he didn’t say he wants to reset the goalie market at all. He says he doesn’t want to ruin the goalie market.

Meaning he doesn’t want to take a hometown discount and let other teams say to goalies “well swayman took less you should too”
What a piece of human garbage.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I understand cash is king, but the udder disregard for the team is enlightening and irritating. Playing for the Bruins doesn’t seem to factor in much at all.

Losing Swayman normally would be unconscionable…but I’m coming around to the idea.

I’m all for holding DS partially responsible if he won’t come around to a 8x8 kind of deal, but I’m getting the feeling Swayman wants something ridiculous like 9-10.

I’m a Bussi believer. Fine. I’ll go from there if he’s determined to hold up the team like a robber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad