Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

IMG_0619.jpeg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
How many threads do we think this is going before he signs/gets traded/sits the year?
I think we got at least 2 more left in the tank. We are burning through 1k posts in under a week

To answer Sway Hey Kids last post of who'd you'd rather have. Someone with reasonable sense of self-worth.
He'll get traded to a sh*thole (ANH, SJ, UT) if he keeps playing this out in the media along with his agent.
"someone with reasonable self worth" is such a cop out response. It's hilarious and disingenuous, but it's a cop out

Reactions: EverettMike

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
To answer Sway Hey Kids last post of who'd you'd rather have. Someone with reasonable sense of self-worth.
He'll get traded to a sh*thole (ANH, SJ, UT) if he keeps playing this out in the media along with his agent.
Let's shop around.
Aden Hill? He won a Cup
Skinner from the Oilers? He took them to the Finals
Jordan Bennington. Cup winner. Got a nice contract....after he won a SC!
Hey how about Matt Murray???!!! Another Cup winner.
Darcy Kuemper?
Is Corey Crawford around?:boredom:

Yes. We need a solid tender and overpay the crap out of him. That'll take us to the promised land....lol!

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I think we got at least 2 more left in the tank. We are burning through 1k posts in under a week

"someone with reasonable self worth" is such a cop out response. It's hilarious and disingenuous, but it's a cop out
Hardly, Swayman sees himself as the guy to reset the market for goalies. So he must see himself as better than Vas, or Shesterkin, or Sorokin. He's smoking the good stuff, if he sees himself as accomplished. But HE IS NOT.......YET. This is his 2nd deal, not his 3rd. There is precedent hat is not in his favor.
I expect him to get there, but Gross, who played hardball with TML w/Nylander, is filling his head with an exaggerated sense of value.
:huh: I just don't get the sense of entitlement that Sway and his fanbase have in this.
Pasta, McAvoy, and other B's have all taken reasonable 2nd deals.
Swayman's being butt hurt over the arbitration is childish. His agent has really failed him.

Reactions: KWbruin

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Let's shop around.
Aden Hill? He won a Cup
Skinner from the Oilers? He took them to the Finals
Jordan Bennington. Cup winner. Got a nice contract....after he won a SC!
Hey how about Matt Murray???!!! Another Cup winner.
Darcy Kuemper?
Is Corey Crawford around?:boredom:

Yes. We need a solid tender and overpay the crap out of him. That'll take us to the promised land....lol!
I mean give me the Vegas team and Edmonton forwards and maybe I’ll skimp on the goalie. Sadly Boston is inept scoring in the playoffs because they just don’t have alot of skill there. Without Swayman people are lamenting another first round loss right now

Reactions: Dr Quincy

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Hardly, Swayman sees himself as the guy to reset the market for goalies. So he must see himself as better than Vas, or Shesterkin, or Sorokin. He's smoking the good stuff, if he sees himself as accomplished. But HE IS NOT.......YET. This is his 2nd deal, not his 3rd. There is precedent hat is not in his favor.
I expect him to get there, but Gross, who played hardball with TML w/Nylander, is filling his head with an exaggerated sense of value.
:huh: I just don't get the sense of entitlement that Sway and his fanbase have in this.
Swayman's being butt hurt over the arbitration is childish. His agent has really failed him.
It’s actually his third but who’s counting

I’m sure Swayman would have taken a reasonable 3-4 year deal last year when he was 1A.

As far as arbitration if your boss came in at a number less than Daniel Vladar you’d be pumped? Also it’s not butthurt it’s probably like f*** you Im going to try to get mine.

As far as entitlement he’s just looking for long term at a number that fits into the ever rising cap

If he’s not worth it, I’m sure he’s take a two year deal at good money. As far as Sorokin, well Swayman has already accomplished more in his playoff career than he has sorokin also was t even the isles playoff goalie last year remember

Another forum/microcosm of society’s ills example
Everyone wants their own little echo chamber.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Vasilevskiy signed 4ish years ago, I think, making 9.5...the cap has increased
Shesterkin is rumored to be asking for 12, and he's probably gonna get close to it
Sorokin signed last year for 8 and a quarter, long term. I think Swayman is right in line to be paid similarly here.

2nd deal, 7th deal, why should that matter? If the guy can play, the guy can play. Just say you don't think he's that good, it's a much better argument.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
......and he still let in a soft goal to lose the FLA series. If he was g-d, he wouldn't have a problem with shortside high. Remember this is the kid that got Michigan'd in the NHL. He's an All Star for 1/2 of one season, and fell off after that. That's his track record. Beat a team in round one that always chokes, lost to better team in the 2nd round but his worst goal in that series ended it.
And now w/o his personal binky Ullmark, he's going to keep his sh*t together when he hits his 1st taste of adversity.

He has room to grow. You Swayman zealots have pretty high expectations for someone that hasn't done it yet.

I've loved this kid as a player since UMO, but his head is either filled or being filled with an alternate reality.

7M x 6 6M for 2 years, 7M for 2 years, 8M for 2 years. He's 31 and hopefully a stud with a Vez and Cup. Then ask for unreasonable money.

Arbitration is it's own animal. Not a true negotiation, nice try.

Reactions: KWbruin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

he's never said he sees himself as the guy to reset the market. He said he understands how his deal could impact goalies going forward.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Vasilevskiy signed 4ish years ago, I think, making 9.5...the cap has increased
Shesterkin is rumored to be asking for 12, and he's probably gonna get close to it
Sorokin signed last year for 8 and a quarter, long term. I think Swayman is right in line to be paid similarly here.

2nd deal, 7th deal, why should that matter? If the guy can play, the guy can play. Just say you don't think he's that good, it's a much better argument.
Guy plat < 45G/yr twice. Was the man in college, 25-30G/year.
He's never proved he can carry a 60G/year + playoffs load. Never been a pro w/o Vez winner as his coworker(Rask, Ullmark)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
JFC it's possible to say you wouldn't give him a big contract without saying he's a bad person or a shitty goalie. There's a totally legit argument for a small bridge, not giving him huge money you don't think he's proven he's worth yet, or for ever paying any goalie big money.

But no, he's a POS and he once gave up a goal IN COLLEGE. f*** some of the comments in these threads are gross.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
What a weird position.

A very, very important position, but a weird one.

Andrew Raycroft wins the Calder trophy, and holds out so they bring Tim Thomas back over from Europe.

Eventually, Raycroft gets dealt for Tuukka Rask.

Great goal tending does not guarantee playoff success, but bad goaltending will certainly torpedo your chances at winning a Cup.

I honestly don’t know what either side does in this scenario. The timing is really awkward in terms of Swayman being restricted, but also looking to cash in.

Both sides are clearly playing a public Croatians game.

The Bruins’ flagship radio station is using the term “holdout” in its hourly update despite this, not technically being a holdout situation.

Feels like a game of chicken.

Imagine this place in a post game thread if Swayman isn’t signed come November and they lose because Korpisalo lets in a softie?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad