Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
An interesting thing about Swayman's potential contract is the comps.

Price: $10.5M
Bobrovsky: $10.0M
Vasilevskiy: $9.25
Hellebuyck: $8.5M
Sorokin: $8.25M

Then a huge gap to:

Gibson: $6.4M
Billington and Markstrom: $6.0M

Swayman probably will receive somewhere in the gap between Sorokin and Gibson, mid to high $7 million range if they go with a 7- or 8-year contract. They can accommodate $7.798M and still have $775K in cap space to call up a player from Providence w/o using LTIR or trying to waive someone. Lysell and Beecher wouldn't require waivers.

A 2-year bridge would take Sway to UFA status and that wouldn't be prudent for the team.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
An interesting thing about Swayman's potential contract is the comps.

Price: $10.5M
Bobrovsky: $10.0M
Vasilevskiy: $9.25
Hellebuyck: $8.5M
Sorokin: $8.25M

Then a huge gap to:

Gibson: $6.4M
Billington and Markstrom: $6.0M

Swayman probably will receive somewhere in the gap between Sorokin and Gibson, mid to high $7 million range if they go with a 7- or 8-year contract. They can accommodate $7.798M and still have $775K in cap space to call up a player from Providence w/o using LTIR or trying to waive someone. Lysell and Beecher wouldn't require waivers.

A 2-year bridge would take Sway to UFA status and that wouldn't be prudent for the team.
The Bruins have $8.6M space with a 23 man roster. They really haven’t used a 23 man roster in years. So really anything below $8.6M and they’re good.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Deal is done. Hold off announcement and leverage publicity. Free marketing for bruins. Powerful tool. I say 5 year deal at $7.
I think you overestimate the amount of coverage the Bruins get in the New England media in the summer. There's no publicity going on in the local sports radio or NBCSN.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Deal is done. Hold off announcement and leverage publicity. Free marketing for bruins. Powerful tool. I say 5 year deal at $7.
Yah not a lot of people care

There is so much to do and going on around here the Bruins are like 1/2 turkey club you took home a week ago and just noticed the box in the back of the fridge

If he’s not signed 48 hours into camp I’ll be ‘yeh what’s going on’

Summers in Boston areas are great and as a Bruins fan after Development Camp to Labor Day + I’m just casually paying attention and defending whoever people are trashing - Lysell & Peeke ended up this summer.

I’ll be concerned about Bruins April 15 when I see their match up and health

But for now it’s best time of year if you like sun

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Yah not a lot of people care

There is so much to do and going on around here the Bruins are like 1/2 turkey club you took home a week ago and just noticed the box in the back of the fridge

If he’s not signed 48 hours into camp I’ll be ‘yeh what’s going on’

Summers in Boston areas are great and as a Bruins fan after Development Camp to Labor Day + I’m just casually paying attention and defending whoever people are trashing - Lysell & Peeke ended up this summer.

I’ll be concerned about Bruins April 15 when I see their match up and health

But for now it’s best time of year if you like sun

I literally did that last week. Still ate it cause I was hungry. 10/10 would not do again.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
5 mins in the air fryer DK. All it takes.
Ok we got one laying around

And I assume clams as well but a rarity they are leftover

Marshy is your outside man cave got AC ?

You been able to use that in the heat wave ?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Ok we got one laying around

And I assume clams as well but a rarity they are leftover

Marshy is your outside man cave got AC ?

You been able to use that in the heat wave ?
Been a rough year for the gazebo - horrible pollen early, then the heat and the bugs this year. Going to be a big fall.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
It can be about the money, but at the end of the day the players want insurance for their families and their childrens children. The Billionaire owners want return on the investment and to pinch every dollar of profit they can.

1 side: make sure my grandkids dont have to worry about money and that I will have my faculties and be able to enjoy their youth.
other side: a 500% profit margin is too small, lets make that 505%

America may not be an oligarchical society like Russia (in the sense that its out in the open) but we are 100% ruled by ultra rich families, the country has been broken by them. and the masses have been convinced by these billionaires and the ultra wealthy that its those below that are the problem for wanting more.

below them, below us it doesnt matter, the message has been started from the top and people drink it up. Thats the difference in a strike v a lockout to me.
The fans suffer the most. Take a family to a game? I’ve worked with many players and know them well,I feel no sorrow for them.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Been a rough year for the gazebo - horrible pollen early, then the heat and the bugs this year. Going to be a big fall.

speaking of gazebos, i want to put a roof of some kind on my 12x16 pergola - anyone know of any options that are aesthetically more pleasing that corrugated panels? That won't cost me 20+ ideally

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Imagine Swayman goes down and you were left with Bussi and Dipietro? This team was getting a vet no matter what.

Reactions: Gordoff

Bad Bruin

Feb 25, 2024
I reside in Nostalgia
speaking of gazebos, i want to put a roof of some kind on my 12x16 pergola - anyone know of any options that are aesthetically more pleasing that corrugated panels? That won't cost me 20+ ideally
I used Lexan polycarbonate sheets on my pergola. It’s a really fantastic product that I installed myself. If you’re interested just message me and we can discuss further.

Reactions: NeelyDan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad