Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
What is your maximum? And what if Sweeney is on the same page as you…what would you do?
My max is 9.5, but since that is supposed Swayman's original number you know he will come down.. I would bet 8/64 would get it done, as it's a fair meet in the middle. If Sweeney doesn't feel he's worth it, trade him or go 2 years and "kick that can down the road" as he likes to say" I think it's stupid to think he should have to sign a 4-5 year deal because goalies did it 5-6 years ago. The standard issue NHL thing now is ELC then monster contract to your cornerstones. Swayman is the first superstar 25 yo goalie to hit this stage, at this time, so he should be the first to set the bar. Sweeney made Pastrnak the highest paid RW in the sport and before that gave Charlie McAvoy Adam Fox money and more than Cale Makar. Lets be honest McAvoy is no Makar and yet he got paid more. I honestly am baffled that this isn't done yet.

It's a Friday which means the chances of Boston actually trading Swayman are at their highest level of the week.
It's not after 3pm yet so no need to panic before lunch.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Probably in the $7.5-$8.5 range.

All star goalie who was probably the best goalie in the playoffs last year.

$8.25 would put him tied for 5th in the league in goalie salary. Oettinger and shesterkin will be getting paid next offseason so in 10 month swayman will probably be the 7th highest paid goalie if he gets $8.25.

If swayman signs a 6-8 year deal at $8.25, by the end of that contract he won’t be even a top 10 paid goalie anymore.

Pay him anything under $7.5 and he might not be a top 15 paid goalie by the end of a 8 year deal.

It is absurd to even suggest his value is in the $6s

Had a great 1st round but the entire playoffs doesnt seem fair to other goalies who actually win. Can't fault sway for throwing anything at the wall he can to prop himself up. End of the day just a 1st round win vs Toronto

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Had a great 1st round but the entire playoffs doesnt seem fair to other goalies who actually win. Can't fault sway for throwing anything at the wall he can to prop himself up. End of the day just a 1st round win vs Toronto

Swayman was not the reason we didn’t advance further in the playoffs. He had a .933 save percentage.

There wasn’t a single player who did better in their role than swayman for the bruins in the playoffs.

Reactions: Kalus

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Swayman was not the reason we didn’t advance further in the playoffs. He had a .933 save percentage.

There wasn’t a single player who did better in their role than swayman for the bruins in the playoffs.
What is the reason that they did not advance.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What is the reason that they did not advance.

1. The offense scoring 2 goals or less in 5 out of 6 games against the panthers.

2. The defense getting constantly caved in and not being able to clear the puck.

Number 6 says hi, Geekie and Freddy?

Save % is worthless in the playoffs unless they give out trophies for that now.

Geekie and Frederic had 5 points each in 13 games. While decent.. really nothing to write home about. That’s certainly not going to get it done.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
1. The offense scoring 2 goals or less in 5 out of 6 games against the panthers.

2. The defense getting constantly caved in and not being able to clear the puck.

Geekie and Frederic had 5 points each in 13 games. While decent.. really nothing to write home about. That’s certainly not going to get it done.
Team had no finish...I don't want look at the box scores again, but even when we played Toronto we would mustard no shots and had very limited scoring chances.

That's a massive problem even with elite goaltending

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
If you wanted to survive the battle of Okinawa, you wanted Sweeney beside you. If you wanted to die on Kakazu Ridge like a chump, you can have the other side cover your 6.

Sweenius, forever.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Team had no finish...I don't want look at the box scores again, but even when we played Toronto we would mustard no shots and had very limited scoring chances.

That's a massive problem even with elite goaltending
This comes down to coaching, it starts with the D. I expect the offense to be better with a new D coach.

If you have no transition game you are cooked

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Swayman had a good year last year. Great year even. But this is a super small sample size. He had a great year and a "good" year the previous year. So they are expected to shell out $9M+ for him and make him one of the highest paid player on the team, when we don't even have a real #1 center or #1/2 wing?

This seems awfully selfish or maybe even intentional by Swayman. Young kid, very small sample size. And he wants to get massive payday? He could very well take a dive and end up being mediocre. This would be a huge risk for Boston to sign him into a long term high paying deal at this point, the sample size is just too small, too many unknowns. Plus it would be his first time running as an ACTUAL #1 goalie and not splitting time. 3yr/$7.5 or $8 sounds MORE than fair for both sides for now, and then if he is kicking butt he gets massive payday, and if he doesnt, the team isn't screwed.

Reactions: MoffatMan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

So, if you pay a goaltender8-9-10 mil a year how do you fix that offense, you traded your best goal scoring goaltender to Ottawa .

Reactions: CParker and lopey

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

I was responding to you saying not one single player. So lets just stick with
Mason Lohrei

He was lights out for what was expected. A rookie to boot.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

He was pretty good in round 2 as well. He posted a .917 SV% while facing ~50% more shots than his counter part at the other end of the ice. He allowed 2 goals or less in 3 of the 6 games and 3 goals or less in 4 of the 6 games.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Swayman had a good year last year. Great year even. But this is a super small sample size. He had a great year and a "good" year the previous year. So they are expected to shell out $9M+ for him and make him one of the highest paid player on the team, when we don't even have a real #1 center or #1/2 wing?

This seems awfully selfish or maybe even intentional by Swayman. Young kid, very small sample size. And he wants to get massive payday? He could very well take a dive and end up being mediocre. This would be a huge risk for Boston to sign him into a long term high paying deal at this point, the sample size is just too small, too many unknowns. Plus it would be his first time running as an ACTUAL #1 goalie and not splitting time. 3yr/$7.5 or $8 sounds MORE than fair for both sides for now, and then if he is kicking butt he gets massive payday, and if he doesnt, the team isn't screwed.

So you're saying this past season he was great and the season before he was just good?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Even if you are right about the cap, which I disagree with you , the term is horrible, I said in the past that this contract will not age well.
What’s the other option?

You can’t just go get 90% of a Lindholm. What’s Zachas playoff record.

We couldn’t have gotten 90% of McAvoy if we told him to yodel before camp and ditto Pasternak.

Donnie clearly thinks Korpisalo and Bussi aren’t a colossal drop off. I kind of agree. It’s about time we get a right catch goalie imagine if we had Tony Espo back in the day?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
What’s the other option?

You can’t just go get 90% of a Lindholm. What’s Zachas playoff record.

We couldn’t have gotten 90% of McAvoy if we told him to yodel before camp and ditto Pasternak.

Donnie clearly thinks Korpisalo and Bussi aren’t a colossal drop off. I kind of agree. It’s about time we get a right catch goalie imagine if we had Tony Espo back in the day?
Lindholm makes 3 mil more than Zacha, Lindholm played third line, easier matchups and Zacha had 15 points more than Lindholm, had a not impressive plus minus.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
If you wanted to survive the battle of Okinawa, you wanted Sweeney beside you. If you wanted to die on Kakazu Ridge like a chump, you can have the other side cover your 6.

Sweenius, forever.
Pass. This is the same guy that was an asst GM here for 6 years and widely lauded by his acolytes for being the brains behind the Pasta pick in 2014. Then when named GM May 20th of 2015 didn't have enough time to prep for a draft five weeks later. So being unfamiliar with said draft he deals his two most tradeable assets that summer for you guessed it, 2015 draft picks and has Neely/Gretzky take the blame Then you have the whole Mitchell Miller lying from he and Neely so he's not exactly the guy I would want next to me in battle.

Reactions: EverettMike

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So, if you pay a goaltender8-9-10 mil a year how do you fix that offense, you traded your best goal scoring goaltender to Ottawa .

Idk how did florida pay bobrovsky $10m and still be able to score?

Maybe if we weren’t spending $7.75m on our 3rd pairing defense we could add more to our top 6.

Paying swayman isn’t the problem. Extremely overpaying bottom pairing defenders is the problem.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I was responding to you saying not one single player. So lets just stick with
Mason Lohrei

He was lights out for what was expected. A rookie to boot.

Yes he was good but he wasn’t nearly as good as swayman was for the bruins in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad