Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Calgary and San Jose have 2 of the best young goalies on the planet. lol Utah has no money
Utah has no money? they are 9+ mil under with a 24 man roster on Capwages....and hae Weber and his 7.75 mil dead cap. They could have 10+ mil easily...8/80 if they wanted.

I wonder who Calgary fans would rather have, Jeremy Swayman and Dustin Wolf or Daniel Vladar and Dustin Wolf? Tough decision for sure...until you regain consciousness.

Think San Jose would love a Swayman (25) and Askarov (22) for the next decade? I'm sure their fans would frown at that.

The fact that you would honestly think a team would not want Swayman because they have a unproven rookie prospect that's highly rated is true comedy gold. and shows some in this fanbase are truly delusional on Swayman now. I mean didn't Nashville just chose the 30 year old Jusse Saros over the very same Askarov?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I also want to know why I haven't seen one person call Elias Lindholm or Nikita Zadorov selfish. Why is an overpriced free agent deal not some sort of personal failing worthy of scorn but Jeremy Swayman is a selfish dickhead? Why didn't Lindholm or Zadorov sign for a lot less? Why didn't they take team friendly deals? What teh f*** have they ever done for the Boston Bruins? Jeremy Swayman has done a shit ton, but he's the bad guy and they're swell fellas?

"Well, they were free agents and he's restricted."

If they cared about winning they wouldn't have handicapped the Bs with these high-priced deals, right? Or does that only go one (s)way when we want to shit all over a talented homegrown kid who has never given us a reason to root against him?
It's actually pretty incredible to me considering we generally overrate the hell out of our homegrown guys.

Get a couple shiny new toys and it's time to toss out the old ones

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
It’s not selfish it’s just stupid. Swayman is about to earn zero dollars for a season where he’d be odds on favorite to win the Vezina. Just because his agent got huge deals out of other teams doesn’t mean it will work with the Bruins.

We blinked with Pasternak and McAvoy because we didn’t think we could possibly replace either. Swayman is clearly different.

I’d give him the deal he wants we have the cap room. But if it doesn’t happen Bussi and Korpisalo with money for a first line forward instead of Sway and then some picks might be ok. Or Linus on a team friendly seal next summer lol. Those options are a lot better than say replacing Pasternaks 50 goals during training camp.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
It’s been proven that good teams can win without the best goalie, in fact the last time a Vezina winner was in the Cup finals was 2011.

It would be best if we can sign him for a reasonable price though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad