Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I interpreted his comments on not liking the comparable contracts that previous goalies at his age and his position have set for him, and he wants to reset that market and make a new (better) comparable for future goalies that follow him.
Except for the backups and journeyman goalies who will make less as the top end take more of the cap.

Reactions: LSCII

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I interpreted his comments on not liking the comparable contracts that previous goalies at his age and his position have set for him, and he wants to reset that market and make a new (better) comparable for future goalies that follow him.

And what specifically did he say to make you feel that way because I haven’t heard anything remotely close to him saying he wants to reset the goalie market

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The fans here are f***ing pathetic thinking everyone should give the bruins a discount just because they root for the team.
I don't think that at all, what I think is management and some fans want to pay for his value not what he might do, and also what he might not do, I am sure everyone saying pay the man will defend the signing if he sucks.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I don't think that at all, what I think is management and some fans want to pay for his value not what he might do, and also what he might not do, I am sure everyone saying pay the man will defend the signing if he sucks.
What do you think he's worth as an RFA short term, long term?

That is one overpayment, lets not make two.
UFA vs RFA

Top UFA's are always "overpaid"

IMO he's best served by being in camp. If that means taking a short term deal to get to a UFA payday then make that move. Staying away from the team and NHL action doesn't seem smart for a guy at this point in his career. But WTF do I know.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You can literally say that about any signing. What if Lindholm comes in and continues his decline in production? What if Zadorov continues his decline in hit totals? Using your logic, no team should ever sign anyone.

Reactions: lopey

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
On Sweeneys press conference

When someone puts out there that you did not do your job by not responding for 3 weeks based on no facts your going to be pissed. I know i would be. People saying he should not of acknowledged it are not being genuine. If that was you and someone basically questioning your competence at your job i am sure you would respond

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
I didn't say he was signing. I said here what the agent said to me. Same thing I said on the podcast.

I made it very clear I was quoting an agent.

Cap is higher in the first year. See Nylander.
So if he doesn't sign for a couple months, will that time build up trade deadline space, even if he signs for 9 after? :sarcasm:

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
And what specifically did he say to make you feel that way because I haven’t heard anything remotely close to him saying he wants to reset the goalie market
He's said he wants to set a good comparable for future goalies.

Maybe I'm putting that comment together with the rumored contract ask to come to that opinion. And maybe they aren't true, but the rumored ask for $10M/yr or the McAvoy contract is definitely resetting the market for 25 year old RFA goalies, 2 years away from UFA and who haven't been Vezina winners/finalists.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
If he doesn’t sign soon and the other guys play well he’ll be a hate figure and booed relentlessly if he returns with a different team.

We’re not there yet but camps already begun.
That is not what you said. You said people will laugh at him if the backup wins a shut out. You are now making an entirely different point.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If Swayman and Bruins can’t get a deal and heads into mid November

Donny can call up Billy Guerin and deal him to the Wild

Jesper Wallstedt G & Liam Ohgren LW

All the other deals around I’ve seen are trash

Sway gets to be in a climate more suitable to Alaska and Bruins get back 2 high end ready prospects

Win win

Sways happy
Donny’s happy
Great deal

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
AFP Analytics had a spreadsheet with all projected contracts before free agency began based on prior contract comps. Their comps for Sway were Gibson, Hellebuyck, Shesterkin, and Demko.

They projected 5 years, $6.43M AAV. I'm sure Donny is basing his offer(s) off of those. Big gap between ~$9M+ and $6.5M. Hopefully they can meet in the middle somewhere. And soon.

Reactions: wintersej

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
AFP Analytics had a spreadsheet with all projected contracts before free agency began based on prior contract comps. Their comps for Sway were Gibson, Hellebuyck, Shesterkin, and Demko.

They projected 5 years, $6.43M AAV. I'm sure Donny is basing his offer(s) off of those. Big gap between ~$9M+ and $6.5M. Hopefully they can meet in the middle somewhere. And soon.
All goofing aside I don’t think Swayman was at 9.5 M and definitely not 10 M as an AVV

This is ‘you wanna put out shit (on Spittin Chicklets) we are cheap mother f’ers and get social media all against us, we will return your serve Swayman is a greedy prick wanting 10 M (Rich Keefe plays the messenger not using a real hockey writer/TV to owe favors etc)

The truth is likely in the middle / 7.5 to 8ish low end)

It’s growing on me though - this is a fun thread

Reactions: lopey

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I like the player but crying on that podcast has me ready to move on quickly.

He’s also lost good will with most of us if he comes back mid season and struggles at first.
That is not what you said. You said people will laugh at him if the backup wins a shut out. You are now making an entirely different point.
Maybe. Korpisalo and Bussis play will dictate fans attitudes towards Sway. If they stink then Donnie will be an idiot and everyone will want him to get as much as he can for as long as he can. If they are good he’s in trouble. Extend Bussi around 1-2 mil and carry a 5mil cap hit in net next 3 years and find the worst team with the highest picks for Swayman.

Reactions: Bodit9 and Blowfish

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
All goofing aside I don’t think Swayman was at 9.5 M and definitely not 10 M as an AVV

This is ‘you wanna put out shit (on Spittin Chicklets) we are cheap mother f’ers and get social media all against us, we will return your serve Swayman is a greedy prick wanting 10 M (Rich Keefe plays the messenger not using a real hockey writer/TV to owe favors etc)

The truth is likely in the middle / 7.5 to 8ish low end)

It’s growing on me though - this is a fun thread
I just cant understand the thought that Sweeney/Boston is cheap... Mcavoy is top 5 paid D and Pasta is top 6 paid Forward...

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Hey how did this mentality work out for Bruins fans? Did it go well? Lot of success under GM Harry Sinden? Lot of parades?

I'll hang up and listen to the answer off air

Juneau wanted a one-way contract to pay him the same even if he was sent down.
No GM would ever comply to that.
But I know....Harry is evil!!!! Grrrrrr!

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I like the player but crying on that podcast has me ready to move on quickly.

He’s also lost good will with most of us if he comes back mid season and struggles at first.

Maybe. Korpisalo and Bussis play will dictate fans attitudes towards Sway. If they stink then Donnie will be an idiot and everyone will want him to get as much as he can for as long as he can. If they are good he’s in trouble. Extend Bussi around 1-2 mil and carry a 5mil cap hit in net next 3 years and find the worst team with the highest picks for Swayman.
You change the subject on every reply.

And Sway wasn't crying nor bitching on that podcast.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad