Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Dom said he was signing on this site after an agent that would have a player directly affected on Boston told him. I trust Dom, not the Chiclets guys
Yes- and his agent is a good guy (I’d be happy if my kid was represented by him) but if I was him I’d want Swayman to take 2 months off haha

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Marc Lewis is a boob to the highest degree.

Was super bummed Swayman did this interview.
Why? To me he’s saying he took shit personal last year during the arbitration hearing and this year he realizes this isn’t personal, so he’s removed his emotions. It’s just business. And as such, he’s fighting for what he feels he’s worth.

I don’t see why it’s bad?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom said he was signing on this site after an agent that would have a player directly affected on Boston told him. I trust Dom, not the Chiclets guys
I didn't say he was signing. I said here what the agent said to me. Same thing I said on the podcast.

I made it very clear I was quoting an agent.

Im not exactly sure what youre asking Mike. But @DominicT would know.

I believe in your scenario the cap hit takes the AAV and calculates it by days of the regular season. Thats why say at the deadline a team with accrued space of 1M can afford a 5M aav player.
Cap is higher in the first year. See Nylander.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Why? To me he’s saying he took shit personal last year during the arbitration hearing and this year he realizes this isn’t personal, so he’s removed his emotions. It’s just business. And as such, he’s fighting for what he feels he’s worth.

I’m not speaking about the content of the interview. I just wish swayman didn’t go on that particular show, really not a fan of the guy who hosts it.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

I mean if he wants to play in Utah and lose a year of salary that is his right. If Korpisalo has a shutout opening night people will laugh at him.

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
First time weighing in on this, usually I side with the players but this time it is trickier. If Swayman is shooting for the moon Sweeney has to take a stand. As much as we all like Swayman he hasn't yet proven he can handle a heavier workload and shouldn't be paid as high as guys like Hellebuck Saros, etc who have proven year after year that they can successfully handle the high workloads.
Why should Swayman be punished for not having a full workload just because the Bruins decided to go with a split tandem, surely against his desire to play more?

Reactions: LSCII

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

Yeah in context I have zero issues with the biznasty thing. It was at the end of the presser, after talking for 25 minutes, even after answering questions about Swayman at the beginning, and even after having made a joke about it (“spit-up on yourself” lol). In context it was nothing. Just making a point about not answering specifics and finally just addressing one. And I’m not even a huge fan of Sweeney. Although I often find that in context he’s less arrogant, although still somewhat arrogant lol, than his 15-second sound bites can sometimes make him appear.

Reactions: PB37

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
You bring up Dojji and they do it for you.

IMG_0428.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad