Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Swayman cares more about the future contracts of other NHL goalies than the success of his current team/teammates. Get this dude outta here.
Elias Lindholm cares more about future Cs who will sign with the Utah Hockey Club than the success of his current teammates.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Dipietro, Matt Murray, Price to an extent, Bob for years, Campbell, man go fishing for bad goalie contracts. It's a fragile position. If goalies want the moon, maybe more of them need to be consistent for more than 3 years.

Look what happened to Razor. Calder, to nada. Cruel game for goalies. You best not overpay them if you're not SURE.

There's a reason their trade value is usually dirt.
How do Cs at 35 years old usually look?

Korpi played for 2 solid top 10 defenses the 2018-20 ish Blue Jackets & 23 Kings and excelled

He will be good here
You are his biggest fan.

Still waiting for an offer for the last 3 months.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Some expect the GM to say hey, Im sorry Sway let me give you what ever you are asking for. Who cares if you deserve it or not you took business classes, to bad they didn't teach you how the real business world works.

If Sway feels slighted and his feelings are still hurt because HE filed for arbitration and was not prepared to hear the hard truths then he should demand a trade and spare us the drama.

Problem is he has minimal value, like most goalies
The fact that he has “minimal value” is part of what he’s, admirably, fighting against

I don’t know this for fact clearly, but it’s what I believe

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
With this same logic I guess Pastrnak sided with his RW colleagues over siding with the bruins on a hometown discount
Pasta got more than Kucherov and McAvoy more than Makar but that wasn’t a “they don’t deserve it” issue so I have no idea why this is any different.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Swayman is in a union. It’s called the NHL players association.

The NHLPA was formed to help players in negotiating fair terms and conditions of employment and assist in grievances and arbitration.

Situations like the last two seasons are a big part of why the union was formed. He’s actually using it to the fullest extent and rightfully so.
Hahaha I know this!

There's a difference between being part of a union and being at the forefront of negotiations. His comments suggest that he wants to be the base for all other goalies. Sorry hotshot, but you're not the poster child (yet) for high priced goalies.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
They got a shit ton of the Babcock stuff wrong and had to admit the way they handled themselve during it was unprofessional.

I’ll stick to listening to the parties involved along with legitimate, trusted beat reporters and formulate my option.

If you want to get your fill of gossip and exaggerated hot takes then more power to you.
Dom said he was signing on this site after an agent that would have a player directly affected on Boston told him. I trust Dom, not the Chiclets guys

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
The fact that he has “minimal value” is part of what he’s, admirably, fighting against

I don’t know this for fact clearly, but it’s what I believe
To clarify he has limited value in regards to getting equal value in return. As far as what he perceives his value is in dollars? Sounds like the Bruins don't agree with him.

If he is fighting for more money for two reasons, him and the union? He will lose that battle I'm afraid. Hopefully he is only focused on himself.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Interesting PTO just signed

Wonder if this is insurance for Providence in case? Or a power move by Don to put the pressure on Gross? (IE: We are prepping to start the season without you, your move)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Interesting PTO just signed

Wonder if this is insurance for Providence in case? Or a power move by Don to put the pressure on Gross? (IE: We are prepping to start the season without you, your move)
Possibly but I am leaning towards something came up during medicals and they need to be cautious given the Swayman situation

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Rich Keefe was going to give an update on Swayman negotiations was out on deck feeding my blue jays (smart bird never realized they will land on your finger)

By time came in were discussing Aaron Rodgers against Pats defense

Anything imminent

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Hahaha I know this!

There's a difference between being part of a union and being at the forefront of negotiations. His comments suggest that he wants to be the base for all other goalies. Sorry hotshot, but you're not the poster child (yet) for high priced goalies.

His comments do not even come close to suggesting he is trying to be a poster child for high prices goalies.

You should be back and listen again. He’s trying to get paid his worth as a 25 year old all star.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Is December 1 the new deadline?
I truly could not care if he's in our net opening night.
Tired of this bs.
I cheer for the Bruins, not him.
If he wants to handcuff the Bruins into a contract he clearly does not deserve which likely entail us depleting our lineup because he wants more...then let him marinate for a while.
December 1 is just 70+ days away.

Like Harry said about reports of Joe Juneau who threatened to go play in Switzerland...."He better learn to yodel".

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I truly could not care if he's in our net opening night.
Tired of this bs.
I cheer for the Bruins, not him.
If he wants to handcuff the Bruins into a contract he clearly does not deserve which likely entail us depleting our lineup because he wants more...then let him marinate for a while.
December 1 is just 70+ days away.

Like Harry said about reports of Joe Juneau who threatened to go play in Switzerland...."He better learn to yodel".

Hey how did this mentality work out for Bruins fans? Did it go well? Lot of success under GM Harry Sinden? Lot of parades?

I'll hang up and listen to the answer off air...

Reactions: LSCII

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Depends on what you are arguing.

If you want to say "UFAs have more leverage so they will get paid more than RFAs who may actually be better than them." Sure, that's true.

If you want to say that a player is selfish for wanting more money than he actually deserves, and in a cap world that affects the whole team and chances of it's winning....then Mike is right, it absolutely DOES work that way. Lindholm and Zadorov COULD have taken less. They COULD'Ve been less selfish to make sure the team had flexibility.

But they didn't. And your resume rationale makes me laugh. To think that it makes more sense to be paying 35 year old Zadorov $5m because of a playoff run he had for VAN than it does to pay 32 year old Jeremy Swayman for what we he think he'll be doing then is EXACTLY why most GMs get fired. You don't pay someone big money for past accomplishments.

That's how you end up with David Backes and dealing a pick to get rid of him.

Nope. It really doesn't work that way because we're talking about two different classes of free agents who are exercising their rights. Most unrestricted free agents go for top dollar combined with best fit - that's just what the market demands because teams are trying to outbid each other to get a player in they feel they need. With restricted free agents, there's a greater sense ( or maybe hope ) that they'll come to a mutual agreement in time because of the ramifications for both parties involved. I don't see either case being selfish at all - get paid what you think you're worth but at the same time, teams have the right to disagree and either move on to another target in free agency if they're a UFA or hope that the restricted status forces a player's hand to signing so they don't miss any games. Laugh all you want but it's that simple.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
His comments do not even come close to suggesting he is trying to be a poster child for high prices goalies.

You should be back and listen again. He’s trying to get paid his worth as a 25 year old all star.
I interpreted his comments on not liking the comparable contracts that previous goalies at his age and his position have set for him, and he wants to reset that market and make a new (better) comparable for future goalies that follow him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad