Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Some people: Lindholm will never be an 80 point guy (on a line with Pasta and Zacha and PP1 time)

Some of the same people: Just give Swayman what he wants already (and max term), he can definitely do it

Well ok then. That is all the scouting we need!

What is the poiint you're trying to make here? That people....have opinions about players? That they agree with some moves and not others? That they have more faith in one guy versus another?

I mean, yeah, no shit. We're all just fans sharing our opinions. But none of us think that's impacting Bs management and their own internal scouting. At least I hope not.

Reactions: Carbonated Puck

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sens fan here. Shane Pinto has the same agent. I remember before Steve Staois signed him to his bridge deal this summer, Gross was shopping Pinto for an offer sheet. I believe SS went for a bridge deal due to cap constraints. I also think Pinto wanted to stay with the Sens so that worked in our favor. Wish you luck with this as Swayman is a beast.

I'll also be curious to see how Korpi does under Boston's D system play and goalie coach Bob. I expect his numbers to be much better than last year in Ottawa as they only started focusing on defensive play after Jacques Martin became the new coach. It was a vicious cycle: team play affected the goalies confidence, goalies play affected the players confidence (and round and round it went).
Korpi played for 2 solid top 10 defenses the 2018-20 ish Blue Jackets & 23 Kings and excelled

He will be good here

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm happy Sweeney isn't folding. Good for him!

Swayman's comments last year, this year, just screams entitled. Go join a f***ing union if you want to be the savior for all others in negotiation. Otherwise, shut your yap, and stick to stopping pucks.

INSTANTLY one of the funniest posts ever made on this thread. f***ing incredible. It deserves its own exhibit in the Guggenheim.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No because that makes no sense. The Bs aren't going to have less players on their roster because of Swayman's contract. And asking him to take less so others can hypothetically get more is bullshit, too.

And I actually do think he has an obligation to other goaltenders in the league. They're part of the same union. I realize not everyone will feel that way (for many reasons, both good and bad), but I do.

Well they might have less players on their roster. They often played last year with 21 players on the roster instead of 23, and if they were to go past 8.4 million I think that would mean that one player would have to lose a roster spot.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Some expect the GM to say hey, Im sorry Sway let me give you what ever you are asking for. Who cares if you deserve it or not you took business classes, to bad they didn't teach you how the real business world works.

If Sway feels slighted and his feelings are still hurt because HE filed for arbitration and was not prepared to hear the hard truths then he should demand a trade and spare us the drama.

Problem is he has minimal value, like most goalies
Some of the Sway stuff he’s a greedy prick isn’t true

Human nature is he asked for $4.8 M In arbitration after the Bruins offered in mid 3’s…..then came in with 2 M with Vladar the comp lol

But these arbitration dudes often pick middle so 4.8 + 2 = 6.8/ = 3.4 M which is basically what he got

His agent is a maverick which is fine but he’s probably (I would) looking a bit for recovery/revenge here

8/64 sounds like what he wants ?

Did the Bruins offer 6/50 or less ?

Not sure I’m buying won’t go over 8 M

6/50 seems very fair ~ but we eventually will see maybe tomorrow

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If you believe that then you’re a real sucker.

It’s all smoke from the agent who already isn’t Sweeney’s biggest fan.

Also, the guy repped the Gaudreau brothers and was immediately with the family so for him to make this claim feels particularly gross. Don’t use what happened to attempt to gain leverage for another client

And all that Babcock stuff was fake too huh?

Whatever it takes to defend Teflon Don I guess.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Well they might have less players on their roster. They often played last year with 21 players on the roster instead of 23, and if they were to go past 8.4 million I think that would mean that one player would have to lose a roster spot.
That doesn't matter just give Sway what he's demanding, The cap is going up Im told just give him the money, Don't worry about your free agents after this season.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
IMO, Swayman is playing with fire because the combo of this team's defense + Essenza's coaching can make any goalie look like a star. I think this hold out will end up costing him. I have ever bit of confidence this team can win early season games with KorBussalo between the pipes.

I'm disappointed in both sides for not getting this done before camp. One of them must really be sticking to a ridiculous ask and I'm more inclined to think it's Swayman asking for too much $$$ given Sweeney left open over $8 mil on the cap for this extension. That should've been plenty and I'd have to figure he's offered up to that amount by now and that's his final offer.

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9 and LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
And all that Babcock stuff was fake too huh?

Whatever it takes to defend Teflon Don I guess.
They got a shit ton of the Babcock stuff wrong and had to admit the way they handled themselve during it was unprofessional.

I’ll stick to listening to the parties involved along with legitimate, trusted beat reporters and formulate my option.

If you want to get your fill of gossip and exaggerated hot takes then more power to you.

• Haha
Reactions: PB37 and Pia8988

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
So he is putting his goaltender colleagues ahead of his teammates, so mini poll do you side with colleague argument or the teammate side of the argument........I am on the teammate side.

With this same logic I guess Pastrnak sided with his RW colleagues over siding with the bruins on a hometown discount

Reactions: LSCII

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Some of the Sway stuff he’s a greedy prick isn’t true

Human nature is he asked for $4.8 M In arbitration after the Bruins offered in mid 3’s…..then came in with 2 M with Vladar the comp lol

But these arbitration dudes often pick middle so 4.8 + 2 = 6.8/ = 3.4 M which is basically what he got

His agent is a maverick which is fine but he’s probably (I would) looking a bit for recovery/revenge here

8/64 sounds like what he wants ?

Did the Bruins offer 6/50 or less ?

Not sure I’m buying won’t go over 8 M

6/50 seems very fair ~ but we eventually will see maybe tomorrow
Im not so sure this is close to getting done. Both side have said some disparaging things regarding the last deal and now this one.

I feel the Bruins have no problem with seeing what they have in camp with the goalies and letting Sway sit while they do.

Reactions: DKH

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
This is Boston. We aren't going to let Swayman's agent teabag us, and I'm very happy Sweenius isn't either.

Go do a thing. Then we can have you reset the market. Until you do a thing, it's time to get paid VERY well to play this game. Take a bridge if you want a prove it scenario. And go prove it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Sorry Mike... don't think it works like that. You're comparing apples to oranges here with restricted vs unrestricted. I don't think Swayman is selfish at all for asking what he feels he's worth but the Bruins also have a right to not feel his resume doesnt quite match his demands just yet.
Depends on what you are arguing.

If you want to say "UFAs have more leverage so they will get paid more than RFAs who may actually be better than them." Sure, that's true.

If you want to say that a player is selfish for wanting more money than he actually deserves, and in a cap world that affects the whole team and chances of it's winning....then Mike is right, it absolutely DOES work that way. Lindholm and Zadorov COULD have taken less. They COULD'Ve been less selfish to make sure the team had flexibility.

But they didn't. And your resume rationale makes me laugh. To think that it makes more sense to be paying 35 year old Zadorov $5m because of a playoff run he had for VAN than it does to pay 32 year old Jeremy Swayman for what we he think he'll be doing then is EXACTLY why most GMs get fired. You don't pay someone big money for past accomplishments.

That's how you end up with David Backes and dealing a pick to get rid of him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
With this same logic I guess Pastrnak sided with his RW colleagues over siding with the bruins on a hometown discount
The fans here are f***ing pathetic thinking everyone should give the bruins a discount just because they root for the team.
You mean homegrown talent only.

We are fine with overpaying Peeke, Zadorov, Lindholm, etc.

Get it right Lonnie.
Absolutely and a great clarification on your end. Bottom pairing stiff? Lock him up long term for millions more than he’s worth please!

Reactions: Bad Hat Harry

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I'm happy Sweeney isn't folding. Good for him!

Swayman's comments last year, this year, just screams entitled. Go join a f***ing union if you want to be the savior for all others in negotiation. Otherwise, shut your yap, and stick to stopping pucks.

Swayman is in a union. It’s called the NHL players association.

The NHLPA was formed to help players in negotiating fair terms and conditions of employment and assist in grievances and arbitration.

Situations like the last two seasons are a big part of why the union was formed. He’s actually using it to the fullest extent and rightfully so.

Reactions: barriers

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
He’s not under contract. Why would he show up? If you had a job that wasn’t paying you, would you go? Jesus f***ing Christ the people here give me an ice cream headache with their sanctimonious bullshit. He’s under zero obligation. In fact it’s Sweeney’s actual job to get the roster set.
Ice cream headache lmao

Reactions: BTO

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He’s not under contract. Why would he show up? If you had a job that wasn’t paying you, would you go? Jesus f***ing Christ the people here give me an ice cream headache with their sanctimonious bullshit. He’s under zero obligation. In fact it’s Sweeney’s actual job to get the roster set.
He is an RFA so he doesn't have to show until Dec 1st. If he doesn't he forfiets his pay for the season. But yes, it is his right to do so.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad