Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Fire Donny

Bruins love playing hard on RFAs while pissing away worse money on UFAs.

Backwards thinking.
You prefer the Toronto method of paying UFA money to guys on RFA contracts?

You think it’s backwards to use the the leverage afforded by the CBA to keep RFA/second contracts at a lower cost than than UFA contracts?

Nobody begrudges DeBrusk for getting as much as he can get when he has all the leverage as a UFA. Why are the Bruins villains for trying to keep this contract at market value?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

You think it’s backwards to use the the leverage afforded by the CBA to keep RFA/second contracts at a lower cost than than UFA contracts?

Nobody begrudges DeBrusk for getting as much as he can get when he has all the leverage as a UFA. Why are the Bruins villains for trying to keep this contract at market value?

Yes, I prefer the method of paying your best players. This isn't Toronto investing in 4 F. This is investing into your best players, 1 F, 1 D, 1 G

It's also about Risk. Tavares was the mistake in Toronto, guess what, a UFA. Nylander, Marner, and Matthews all outplayed their contracts.

The mistakes on Boston, all UFAs. Again shocking.

Lindholm has significantly more risk on being a bust at his contract, yet everyone is celebrating that. Jeremy carried this dogshit roster and when he comes up people lose their god damn minds.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
All the worrying about Swayman being a bust is peak irony from this fanbase

Just handed out bigger risk contracts to Zadorov and Lindholm for lesser important players
Don Sweeney's history of pissing away money.

Yes an actual stud and people lose their shit

Fire Donny

Bruins love playing hard on RFAs while pissing away worse money on UFAs.

Backwards thinking.

I didn't expect Swayman to act like he's the next coming of Hasek flexing his business degree and asking for the moon. I'm not a Sweeney fan but a player who has proven nothing except if you hang banners for a 1st round win should not get top 3 goalie money.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I didn't expect Swayman to act like he's the next coming of Hasek flexing his business degree and asking for the moon. I'm not a Sweeney fan but a player who has proven nothing except if you hang banners for a 1st round win should not get top 3 goalie money.
How many cup did Vaz win before Tampa inked him to a huge deal?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
To set expectations…Swayman’s agent has his hands full right now so would not expect anything until Wednesday at the absolute earliest.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

He isn't

He's asking for McAvoy's contract. The moon would be asking for 12 million. Laughable take.

The cap is rising again, do this for 8 years and it very quickly becomes a positive contract.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022

This whole thread feels like either Sway, The Empty Netters dudes, or both are proverbially stepping in it

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Yes, I prefer the method of paying your best players. This isn't Toronto investing in 4 F. This is investing into your best players, 1 F, 1 D, 1 G

It's also about Risk. Tavares was the mistake in Toronto, guess what, a UFA. Nylander, Marner, and Matthews all outplayed their contracts.

The mistakes on Boston, all UFAs. Again shocking.

Lindholm has significantly more risk on being a bust at his contract, yet everyone is celebrating that. Jeremy carried this dogshit roster and when he comes up people lose their god damn minds.
The Bruins don't invest in their best players? Pasta is the 7th highest paid forward in the NHL. McAvoy is the 6th highest paid defenseman in the NHL.

The Bruins current offer to Swayman would make him the 7th highest paid goalie in the NHL.

It sounds to me like you want to overpay your best players because you're panicking. Overpaying any group usually ends up being a mistake.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The Bruins don't invest in their best players? Pasta is the 7th highest paid forward in the NHL. McAvoy is the 6th highest paid defenseman in the NHL.

The Bruins current offer to Swayman would make him the 7th highest paid goalie in the NHL.

It sounds to me like you want to overpay your best players because you're panicking. Overpaying any group usually ends up being a mistake.

Nah. Contracts and the cap are going up. Lock up Swayman and you have a core piece set and can now build from the net out. Thinking Swayman should sign the John Gibson contract 6 years later is laughable. It's not a 1 year deal in a window. Swayman needs to project over 8 years and wanting him to take 6.4 with what the cap is project to raise by and eat up his entire prime. Hilarious.

I'd offer Sway 8.5 x 8 today and be thrilled with that knowing how easy that is for a competent GM to build around.

Sure you can't have luxaries like Korpisalo and Peeke, but that's just wasted money. No sane person is saying this team contended with Korpi in net, so why are they paying him 3 million for 4 years.

NHL teams love to use deals from 5+ years ago as a f***ing measuring stick. Laughable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sevendust and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Because you left out the word “below”? This isn’t a case of them wanting a fair market deal. This is a case of them wanting the player to sign a favorable deal that only benefits the team and lets the player assume all the risk for below market value. Other than that though, you were spot on….

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Because you left out the word “below”? This isn’t a case of them wanting a fair market deal. This is a case of them wanting the player to sign a favorable deal that only benefits the team and lets the player assume all the risk for below market value. Other than that though, you were spot on….
How do you know what “fair market” is?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I’m more concerned I get a good cut of prime rib tonight then Swayman contract

This whole thing belongs in Sillyland

0.0 he won’t be signed and everyone will be happy and Swayman will hug everyone and peace, love, and happiness will be the Bruins 2024-25 run to the Cup

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

They certainly overpaid (in regression year term and AAV) the 2 UFAs they brought in this summer and took on too much cap and term with the backup goalie. Those overpays are making it difficult to sign their franchise goalie right now.

Like I have been saying for months, Swayman will get $9M AAV.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
So, how does this freaking out thing work.
I feel left out.

Do I scream at the walls or break things?

Who do I blame?

Help me out here...
I don't think there's anyone to blame.

Swayman's asking to be paid like a top3 goalie.
The Bruins are offering top7 goalie money.

Recent events definitely suggest it's heating up though. Sweeney is not returning calls to Gross. Swayman's camp is leaking details of the negotiations to the media. Next we're probably going to hear that Sway is considering playing in the KHL next season. Hopefully, this is all just last ditch posturing before they reach a compromise.

My one concern is that Gross has a history of not being able to work things out with Sweeney (Krug, Acciari, Swayman arbitration).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad