Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You're obviously biased, it says so in your handle. I love the kid and believe he is the real deal.
He just has not earned the right to be paid top 3 money.
This isn't Stratomatic Hockey. There are consequences to giving out contracts that can cripple a team, long term. (which the B's are famous for)
Just because we believe he is a "burgeoning superstar", doesn't mean he had arrived 100%.
So you're betting on futures. A lot of us here, want proof he "CAN" handle it. We don't know yet, we A_S_S_U_M_E!!
As the old adage says, "when you assume".
3 year deal at 7.5M per, 28YO for his next payday which would be for 8 years at top of market money.
If he is what we think he is.

Love it!

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So you want me to post my opinions and predictions after the season ?
Of course their are unknowns
You what isn't an unknown. Gryzlek stinks and that vision never more apparent thst play off time. Dragging Mcavoys game down with him.

Well, McAvoy didn't play with Gryz in the playoffs last season and he still sucked.

Forgot Jon Casey

Yeh true

Poor kid place ate him up and that was pre social media

In his only season in Boston, he did beat Montreal in 7 games in round one.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Hopefully Zadorov works out and allows Chuck to calm the assassin behavior down.
His aggressiveness put a target on his own back, and he got beat up, a little bit.
If medium Z plays good enough defense to allow Chuck to jump up in the play w/o burning himself, his game will go nowhere but up. He's much better jumping up than shooting from the point.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Hopefully Zadorov works out and allows Chuck to calm the assassin behavior down.
His aggressiveness put a target on his own back, and he got beat up, a little bit.
If medium Z plays good enough defense to allow Chuck to jump up in the play w/o burning himself, his game will go nowhere but up. He's much better jumping up than shooting from the point.
For sure. Mac also needs to play t
within his capabilities He's no Makar or Hughes......but he thinks he is.
Chuck was playing better in 2019 than he is now.

Last edited:

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No you can absolutely post your opinions now, but if you post it as fact, I get to disagree, no? Isn’t that how it works? You say something and if I think it’s shit, I respond with my opinion? Seems to me that you only want people that agree with you to respond?
Getting rid of Gryz and replacing him with Zadorov was a great move. That is my opinion......and I aint exactly going out on a limb with thst one. Ha!

If you dont agree that's great. Good for debating . If you do ....well on this one you works ne in the majority

Reactions: BMC

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You're obviously biased, it says so in your handle. I love the kid and believe he is the real deal.
He just has not earned the right to be paid top 3 money.
This isn't Stratomatic Hockey. There are consequences to giving out contracts that can cripple a team, long term. (which the B's are famous for)
Just because we believe he is a "burgeoning superstar", doesn't mean he had arrived 100%.
So you're betting on futures. A lot of us here, want proof he "CAN" handle it. We don't know yet, we A_S_S_U_M_E!!
As the old adage says, "when you assume".
3 year deal at 7.5M per, 28YO for his next payday which would be for 8 years at top of market money.
If he is what we think he is.
You're right giving out bad contracts isn't smart and can hurt a team.

But if I'm a GM I'd say it's a bigger risk to give a 7 year 7.75 contract to a 29 year old F when most studies show that the avg F has their best seasons before that age and certainly by 32 /33 are no longer at their peak. A 7 or 8 year deal to a 27 year old goalie without a lot of wear and tear on the treads seems a better bet.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Also, it's pretty insulting the Bruins gave Coyle 6.5% of the cap on an extension to be a 3rd line center but now are offering Swayman a little over 7% if the 6.5mil reports are to be believed. That percent would even be more laughable at the 4 year mark of that absurd offer.

You know that RFA and UFA are different right? A 4x6.5 offer is more generous than Shesty, Helly, and Saros got at Swayman’s age/contract status. I guess all those guys signed for absurd offers?

Reactions: PlayMakers

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
You're right giving out bad contracts isn't smart and can hurt a team.

But if I'm a GM I'd say it's a bigger risk to give a 7 year 7.75 contract to a 29 year old F when most studies show that the avg F has their best seasons before that age and certainly by 32 /33 are no longer at their peak. A 7 or 8 year deal to a 27 year old goalie without a lot of wear and tear on the treads seems a better bet.
Swayman's 25, and all about 7.5M/year, he wants more than 8

You know that RFA and UFA are different right? A 4x6.5 offer is more generous than Shesty, Helly, and Saros got at Swayman’s age/contract status. I guess all those guys signed for absurd offers?
They signed during stagnant Cap years as well. They all played more games than him if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Getting rid of Gryz and replacing him with Zadorov was a great move. That is my opinion......and I aint exactly going out on a limb with thst one. Ha!

If you dont agree that's great. Good for debating . If you do ....well on this one you works ne in the majority
This is exactly what they did. You know why? Because despite your incorrect claim that Gryz was playing first pairing minutes with McAvoy in the playoffs, in reality, Gryz was logging 3rd pairing minutes and has been his entire time in Boston. Last year he played around 17:30 a night. The year before, 17:15. The year before just over 18. He wasn't logging heavy first or second pairing minutes. He was a bottom of the roster type. Which is what Zadorov has been his entire career. Now the big question is will someone more physical make a difference? Time will tell.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
They really didn’t have a full time D coach

John McLean helped a lot but he’s a skills/skating coach but worked with D ~ and I think he still coached HS hockey

Grudin left and Sacco picked up slack but seems like they were just waiting for Jay Leach

Leach will be a great ad in many ways - I know he was McAvoy first coach when he signed for a few weeks but I think he can reel Mac in

Leach similar personality vibe as Lohrei not surprising since his father is a long time coach

Carlo & Lindholm will benefit from overall mentally and on ice from upbeat Leach

Once the Swaychise signs this D/G I’ll take over any team

Reactions: Number8

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This is exactly what they did. You know why? Because despite your incorrect claim that Gryz was playing first pairing minutes with McAvoy in the playoffs, in reality, Gryz was logging 3rd pairing minutes and has been his entire time in Boston. Last year he played around 17:30 a night. The year before, 17:15. The year before just over 18. He wasn't logging heavy first or second pairing minutes. He was a bottom of the roster type. Which is what Zadorov has been his entire career. Now the big question is will someone more physical make a difference? Time will tell.
Last year Grizz played 33 mins with McAvoy in 3 games. He had less than 10 mins with any other partner.

22-23 he played 25 mins with McAvoy, 11 with Forbort.

21-22 he played 43 mins with Carlo, 20 with McAvoy.

20-21 159 mins with McAvoy, 14 with Clifton.

Where are all the third pair playoff minutes you speak of?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Geez no contract or trade as of yet, I hoped I would wake up and this long dragged out affair would be over.

This is like a bad nightmare.
Lock he’s signed beginning of camp

He’s not dumb and he’s not worth 10 M this season or next handful

He can not be that delusional

Reactions: Number8

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Dp

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Gryz wasn't accumulating minutes but he played a lot with McAvoy on the 1st pair. I'm going to assume Zadorov will pick up those minutes plus more PK time that Gryz normally doesn't play. I think he'll probably end up closer to 19/20 TOI here than 17, so traditional top 4 usage.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
6.5 mil per roll to buy two UFA years when the cap will be 88 this year and 92 mil next year and those are just the RFA years

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
They really didn’t have a full time D coach

John McLean helped a lot but he’s a skills/skating coach but worked with D ~ and I think he still coached HS hockey

Grudin left and Sacco picked up slack but seems like they were just waiting for Jay Leach

Leach will be a great ad in many ways - I know he was McAvoy first coach when he signed for a few weeks but I think he can reel Mac in

Leach similar personality vibe as Lohrei not surprising since his father is a long time coach

Carlo & Lindholm will benefit from overall mentally and on ice from upbeat Leach

Once the Swaychise signs this D/G I’ll take over any team
The Swaychise - Brilliant!!!:thumbu::D

Reactions: DKH

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
All the worrying about Swayman being a bust is peak irony from this fanbase

Just handed out bigger risk contracts to Zadorov and Lindholm for lesser important players
Don Sweeney's history of pissing away money.

Yes an actual stud and people lose their shit

Fire Donny

What do we make of this. EF said yesterday doesn't make it seem close

Bruins love playing hard on RFAs while pissing away worse money on UFAs.

Backwards thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad