Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Korpi career record
115-107 on sub 500 teams

115 wins folks

2019 ASG
2020 beat & shutout heavily favored Leafs 2X in playoffs
2023 Kings March -April playoff run
7-3 2.13 GAA 921
Sorcerer Bob thinks he can get him back to pre Ottawa shit show

Get ready to eat crow the 20 % who have the DNA and character to admit your wrong

The other 80 % get ready to move one to next thing you complain about

Sway Korpi 2024

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
My Manifestation Club had open requests tonight and we did Swayman 8 years at 62 M with a Full NMC (I wanted a partial but a couple of Bruins fans in class refused to focus without it)

Expect a deal within 2 weeks

Cant have a NMC or no trade for two more years. He’s too young.
So for a long term would be similar to what Charlie Mac signed for. No trade protection until year 3.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Has nothing to do with Swayman. If you don't think a 25 year old goalie can start 55-60 games I'm not sure what to tell you. Not his fault they did a goalie rotation. People are saying it like he's fragile or injury prone. He didn't control that.

Tuukka Rask season high was 39 starts when he got his bag. What's the difference?

People here are bending over backwards trying to not give the man his money. He's a 25 year old young burgeoning superstar. If you don't want to pay him, sack up and deal him if you're the Bruins. His value should be fantastic.

He is the man at this point, pay him like it.
You're obviously biased, it says so in your handle. I love the kid and believe he is the real deal.
He just has not earned the right to be paid top 3 money.
This isn't Stratomatic Hockey. There are consequences to giving out contracts that can cripple a team, long term. (which the B's are famous for)
Just because we believe he is a "burgeoning superstar", doesn't mean he had arrived 100%.
So you're betting on futures. A lot of us here, want proof he "CAN" handle it. We don't know yet, we A_S_S_U_M_E!!
As the old adage says, "when you assume".
3 year deal at 7.5M per, 28YO for his next payday which would be for 8 years at top of market money.
If he is what we think he is.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Askarov 1st rd prospect and 1st
Kuemper 1st, 3rd, good defensive prospect at time
Markstrom 1st and good young defenseman

No Vezina trophies there

No 4th line/healthy scratch type.. No cap dumps. In other words all for a far better package

Almost 10 million paid to centers who combined for 2 goals in the play-offs.....plus 4.5 dead cap room from the year before because those two said centers weren't good enough the year before to be 1-2
No vezina there no. No decent goaltenders in coming back in those deals either.
Draft shmaft.

You lose two elite centers to retirement on the same day , it's gonna take a little time to regroup.
They still shut fown and beat the Matthews and Tavares combo and the mountain of cash those two play off stiffs take front the cap.
Nobody was beating the Panthers this year. No matter who your centermen were.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayMakers

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Cant have a NMC or no trade for two more years. He’s too young.
So for a long term would be similar to what Charlie Mac signed for. No trade protection until year 3.
So if Sway gets goalie yips here like Lacher, Carey, and Peeters- and Sorcerer Bob can get Korpi back to where he was showing up on top 10 goalie lists 4-5 years ago they could trade him ?

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Until he turns 27…… yup.
That’s interesting- I’d still go 8 years on anything $7.5-8.5 M and bet on him ~ but there are only 32 starting goalie positions and it doesn’t take much to cross off over half with spots filled or should be (Wallstedt, Askerov, Wolf, Bloomqvist, Augustine, knight…..)

Happiness still should be ahead of money in any decision made and not sure he’s got a better spot than here

The Bruins death watch started in 2016 and it’s not on the horizon with that defense any time soon

Only a meddling know-it-all hockey fan or talk show host could screw this up

And thanks Wally for the info / as the founder of Faber College said ‘knowledge is good’

Or as my grandmother said ‘learn something every day no matter how big or small’

I’m counting this as my ‘safety’ knowledge

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
D is much much better now.
Gryzlek with Mcavoy was maybe the worst top pair in the play offs.
Dumping Gryzlek was way over due .....but a great move none the less.
Is it though? We won’t know until they actually play. And how much does the situation in net impact that? Lots of unknowns as of now.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Korpi career record
115-107 on sub 500 teams

115 wins folks

2019 ASG
2020 beat & shutout heavily favored Leafs 2X in playoffs
2023 Kings March -April playoff run
7-3 2.13 GAA 921
Sorcerer Bob thinks he can get him back to pre Ottawa shit show

Get ready to eat crow the 20 % who have the DNA and character to admit your wrong

The other 80 % get ready to move one to next thing you complain about

Sway Korpi 2024

If Im wrong when I say korpisalo isn’t a high end backup and just say hockey isn’t my #1 sport does that make me part of the 20% or the 80%?

• Haha
Reactions: HustleB

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If Im wrong when I say korpisalo isn’t a high end backup and just say hockey isn’t my #1 sport does that make me part of the 20% or the 80%?
You are what you think you are

What’s good is we will know what he is over the next 200 days staring in a week

I’m on he’s really good but as been pointed out my takes are trash if I’m right it’s the broken clock is right twice a day principle if I’m wrong, whatever - I’m a clown lol

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Geez no contract or trade as of yet, I hoped I would wake up and this long dragged out affair would be over.

This is like a bad nightmare.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Felger wanted to trade Swayman, imagine the BS out of his mouth all season long if Swayman gets !PAID! and is less than stellar every night.
There is going to be immense pressure to be a top3 goalie for the money his team wants.
At 25yo, you'd have to be mentally and emotionally tough on top of world class physical talent to pull that horse with a full load.

OK, OK, enough metaphors!!:cool:

7.5Mx3, more than doubles his salary, get him to FA under 30yo. It would be stupid for the B's to not have this be their line in the sand or for him to take it.

If he is hell bent on 9-10M/yr, it ain't going to be here.

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The average of those 4 stats is 11. The 11th highest paid goalie in the NHL makes $5.4m

If we take out the starts, the average is 6. The 6th highest paid goalie in the NHL makes $6.4m

Of the 5 highest paid goalies in the NHL, I believe all but Vasilevsky were UFA's when they signed...

Price $10.5m
Bobrovsky $10m
Vasilevsky $9.5m
Hellebucyk $8.5m
Sorokin $8.25

In that light, the Bruins offer of $6.25 doesn't seem crazy. I expect him to get more than that but even at $6.5m, he would be the 6th highest paid goalie in the league next season.

If he "knows his comps" then he can't really make a case for being on par with Bobrovsky (Cup and a UFA), Vasilevksy (Cups) or Hellebucyk (2 Vezinas and a UFA).

Swayman's numbers are very similar to Sorokin (who was a UFA) and Saros, which would put him between $8.25m and $7.4m on an 8 year deal. Those deals are recent enough that they knew the cap was going up.

I also like @DKH idea of escalating the contract, something like $6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9.5, 9 = $7.75aav.
excellent post!

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Is it though? We won’t know until they actually play. And how much does the situation in net impact that? Lots of unknowns as of now.
So you want me to post my opinions and predictions after the season ?
Of course their are unknowns
You what isn't an unknown. Gryzlek stinks and that vision never more apparent thst play off time. Dragging Mcavoys game down with him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So you want me to post my opinions and predictions after the season ?
Of course their are unknowns
You what isn't an unknown. Gryzlek stinks and that vision never more apparent thst play off time. Dragging Mcavoys game down with him.
No you can absolutely post your opinions now, but if you post it as fact, I get to disagree, no? Isn’t that how it works? You say something and if I think it’s shit, I respond with my opinion? Seems to me that you only want people that agree with you to respond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad