Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Speak(ing?) for yourself!

The fans that are not idiots know that how much Swayman makes effects the Cap. Which effects the team.

If you were Swayman or Sweeney?
The cap is going up. Alot. His 8-8.5 mil will seem middle of the road by year 4. Also, I can't take the it "affects the team" seriously when they they just acquired a goalie who nobody wanted at 3 mil per the next four seasons...I'm not shortchanging my studs because of bad cap management

Reactions: LSCII

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't need to take a poll, this thread is pretty clear. Fans complain about ownership being cheap, but when it comes time to sign guys.....well fans expect everyone starts to think like an owner and they want guys to take a hometown discount.
That is not true, fans do not care about Jacobs money, what they care about is not having a bad contract, and they would like to see some cap space so as the room to make some moves when needed. Hey who knows if one of the kids steps up maybe they will not be in the hunt for a goal scorer or RW.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just don't want to end up in a situation like Dipietro handing big money to a goalie too early and have them flame out. An elite forward I'm fine signing long term in RFA status. More trustable

Rick DiPietro wasn't even that good when he got his 15yr contract. I believe he got that in the summer of 2006. So his body of work was.....

143GP / 2.85 GAA / .900 SV% / 6 SO

Among NHL goalies with at least 50 games in those 4 seasons he ranked....

GP - 40th
GAA - 59th
SV% - 56th
SO - 48th

For reference the total pool of goalies was 74 w/ at least 50 gp.

That is not true, fans do not care about Jacobs money, what they care about is not having a bad contract, and they would like to see some cap space so as the room to make some moves when needed. Hey who knows if one of the kids steps up maybe they will not be in the hunt for a goal scorer or RW.

I didn't say they care about Jacobs money, I said they act like an owner and want players to sign a team friendly deal.

Reactions: LSCII

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I know a lot of the posters here are also avid NFL fans .... I feel NHL management in general looks at goalies the same way as NFL management looks at running backs ....the tide turned a while ago on running backs...most NFL managers don't want to pay them big money for long term due to the risk of underachieving compared to salary expectations..... IMO the same story is happening in the NHL for goalies ...I bet some risk expert actuary crunched the #'s for the goalie position and said ...don't go high $ long term for goalies because the probability of it paying off is low/unfavourable....same as for running backs in the NFL...give Sway some coin but be careful here
Kind of similar, but also not the same.
Running backs perform great (and consistently) as soon as they're drafted, it's just that after 3-4 years of college and after their first NFL contract (another 4-5 years) they've already been used and abused so much that they don't usually have much left in the tank to be worth a 2nd NFL contract most of the time.

I agree on goalies. They seem to have a much different market than skaters. Teams definitely aren't as likely to commit to 7-8 year deals to them like they are for other players, as they don't have the same consistency year to year and/or performance that correlates heavily to the rest of the team.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Kind of similar, but also not the same.
Running backs perform great (and consistently) as soon as they're drafted, it's just that after 3-4 years of college and after their first NFL contract (another 4-5 years) they've already been used and abused so much that they don't usually have much left in the tank to be worth a 2nd NFL contract most of the time.

I agree on goalies. They seem to have a much different market than skaters. Teams definitely aren't as likely to commit to 7-8 year deals to them like they are for other players, as they don't have the same consistency year to year and/or performance that correlates heavily to the rest of the team.
Sorokin got 8. Vasilevskiy 8. Saros just got 8 years. Bobrovsky got 7 (max for changing teams). Hellebuyck got 6. Binnington 6. Markstrom 6. Grubauer 6. Price and Gibson had gotten 8. Even Jarry and Merzlikins got 5.

Shesterkin, Demko and Oettinger are sure to get long term deals next.

I really don’t see the comparison to RBs. Goalies aren’t near as disposable - the challenge is finding a good one.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't need to take a poll, this thread is pretty clear. Fans complain about ownership being cheap, but when it comes time to sign guys.....well fans expect everyone starts to think like an owner and they want guys to take a hometown discount.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

You literally posted this same thing almost an hour ago and I already replied to it.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Sorokin got 8. Vasilevskiy 8. Saros just got 8 years. Bobrovsky got 7 (max for changing teams). Hellebuyck got 6. Binnington 6. Markstrom 6. Grubauer 6. Price and Gibson had gotten 8. Even Jarry and Merzlikins got 5.

Shesterkin, Demko and Oettinger are sure to get long term deals next.

I really don’t see the comparison to RBs. Goalies aren’t near as disposable - the challenge is finding a
Yeah like I said, only a select few get 7 or 8 deals. Most teams prefer it in the 4 to 6 year range for less risk it seems.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My Manifestation Club had open requests tonight and we did Swayman 8 years at 62 M with a Full NMC (I wanted a partial but a couple of Bruins fans in class refused to focus without it)

Expect a deal within 2 weeks

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
My Manifestation Club had open requests tonight and we did Swayman 8 years at 62 M with a Full NMC (I wanted a partial but a couple of Bruins fans in class refused to focus without it)

Expect a deal within 2 weeks

This is starting to remind of PK Subban where hab fans where so desperate to pay him just because

Reactions: nORRis8

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
1) What goal scorer/RW do you expect to get? What assets are you giving up?
2) What's the point of adding a F if you are going to be starting a really bad goalie like Korpisalo or Bussi?

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
So do the Bruins have a backup plan?
Korpi and Bussi?
Will they be pals?
Start a lifelong friendship?
Will they hug after a win?
Hug some more after a loss?

In other goalie news crapola ...the Canucks as well are in a bind with their goalies, Demko and Silovs both have questionable health. They are keying on Kevin Lankinen.
Smart move by the Nucks if it happens.
Yuppers!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Korpi and Bussi?
Will they be pals?

In other goalie news crapola ...the Canucks as well are in a bind with their goalies, Demko and Silovs both have questionable health. They are keying on Kevin Lankinen.
Yuppers!

Wonder if they're banking on the elite D + Goalie Bob Factor + the new number 1 center will keep the team going in the right direction if Swayman holds out. Hope it doesn't come to that point.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Korpi and Bussi?
Will they be pals?

Yuppers!
I heard Mr Rask will fill in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad