Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

Can't wait for the Donny Fan Club to spin this.
He's an RFA without much hope for a huge offer sheet. It's low, but you gotta start somewhere and the first offer probably shouldn't be your best.

The 3 week thing isn't my favorite thing to hear, but as this gets right up to crunch time I trust both sides bend a little bit and find a happy medium.

EDIT: I'm FAR from DFC by the way

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
That is a total over pay, and if that happens this season could be in jeopardy, Sweeny will have no cap room to add some offense, to offense that needs some infusion.

8x8.75 will put swayman as the 4th highest paid goalie. Next offseason after oettinger and shesterkin get paid it will put swayman as most likely the 6th highest goalie contract.

Half way through his contract he will probably be in the 8-10th highest paid goalie range.

That’s exactly his value.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Swayman has us by the balls, unless they really view Korpisalo as a legit number one under our coaching and behind our defense.

While I generally support a worker getting his due, I also think Swayman and/or his agent is taking advantage of the situation and it's hurting the team.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He's an RFA without much hope for a huge offer sheet. It's low, but you gotta start somewhere and the first offer probably shouldn't be your best.

The 3 week thing isn't my favorite thing to hear, but as this gets right up to crunch time I trust both sides bend a little bit and find a happy medium.

Start? They could've "started" locking him up long term 15 months ago. Why are we at a starting number at this point?

Anyway, it's fine. Once the Hlinka Tourney is over, Sweeney comes back from vacation and Swayman's agent returns from Europe they'll dot the remaining i's on the agreed upon deal and get this done. For all we know it actually is really all done but they are waiting to file it with the league.

• Haha
Reactions: EverettMike and BTO

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney would be wise to just pay him what he and his ‘family’ need to live in 2032 and whet Trey Augustine could be getting from Detroit.

Felger painting him as a whiney bitch not good, Twitter warriors think he’s soft, Carol at Coffee Time in Salem thinks he doesn’t have the track record for $10 M

Tough to sell jerseys when you are considered greedy and soft

Donny let’s get this kid signed before Sway Camp says something about being insulted by $6.2 M and Captain Marshy starts whizzing shots past his head

#PAYSWAYWHATHEWANTS

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)

Sure, but “start”? Shouldn’t they have started there 3 months ago? And if they did and he’s still not signed then it’s because neither, or either, has budged (much) from their initial offer or ask. $6.2/4 (if true) two weeks before training camp starts doesn’t bode well at all. Hopefully I’m wrong, though.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
8x8.75 will put swayman as the 4th highest paid goalie. Next offseason after oettinger and shesterkin get paid it will put swayman as most likely the 6th highest goalie contract.

Half way through his contract he will probably be in the 8-10th highest paid goalie range.

That’s exactly his value.
I don't give a shit about how much he gets, good luck to him, but that offense needs help, you want to give him money that restricts what you can do to help this offense it will make it very hard. In a previous post, I said that it would put this season in jeopardy, I should have worded it differently, but sometimes I, get fired and it shows in my reaction. I think they will still have a good season, but winning the cup really would be almost impossible , unless Swayman, pitches a lot of shutouts or one goal games. Sorry for the quick over top negative response, but it will be tough to go far in the playoffs with that offense.

So get rid of the Vezina favorite goalie (Vegas odds). How about he not trade for Korpisalo and Peeke?
Peeke will be fine do not get the hate for this guy.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That is a total over pay, and if that happens this season could be in jeopardy, Sweeny will have no cap room to add some offense, to offense that needs some infusion.
They can get it back on Swayman jerseys and hockey camps (assuming he actually shows up and doesn’t blow off the kids after)

The problem is once Felgy and the Lucic fight club consider you whiney you are cooked

I’m Sweens I bite the bullet and make him the highest paid goalie in the league

He probably won’t complain about it till atleast year 5 and maybe he will let go Sweeney pointed out he actually lost those two game sevens on meh goals

Donny let’s get it done and go all in if this ends up Marshy last year in Black & Gold

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't give a shit about how much he gets, good luck to him, but that offense needs help, you want to give him money that restricts what you can do to help this offense it will make it very hard. In a previous post, I said that it would put this season in jeopardy, I should have worded it differently, but sometimes I, get fired and it shows in my reaction. I think they will still have a good season, but winning the cup really would be almost impossible , unless Swayman, pitches a lot of shutouts or one goal games. Sorry for the quick over top negative response, but it will be tough to go far in the playoffs with that offense.

I did not say anything about getting rid of Sway, but he does not win a cup by himself. I don't give shit about Vegas odds, and neither should you.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Man I gotta tell Glorydaze or Lou what a call - they’d start blaming Peeke

lol

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

Well if you want more offense maybe they shouldn’t allocate $7.75 million to the 3rd pairing D

Swayman is much more important and is a top 5 or so goalie in the league and he should be paid accordingly.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
They can get it back on Swayman jerseys and hockey camps (assuming he actually shows up and doesn’t blow off the kids after)

The problem is once Felgy and the Lucic fight club consider you whiney you are cooked

I’m Sweens I bite the bullet and make him the highest paid goalie in the league

He probably won’t complain about it till atleast year 5 and maybe he will let go Sweeney pointed out he actually lost those two game sevens on meh goals

Donny let’s get it done and go all in if this ends up Marshy last year in Black & Gold
I don't give a shit about them getting money back in jerseys and whatever else, I am talking cap, if there was no cap I would give him 15 mil of Jeremys money.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Swayman has us by the balls, unless they really view Korpisalo as a legit number one under our coaching and behind our defense.

While I generally support a worker getting his due, I also think Swayman and/or his agent is taking advantage of the situation and it's hurting the team.
Sweeney painted himself into this corner…

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I don't normally do this, but I'm bored ...
Just a random guess his contract will be anywhere from 5 - 8 years with a cap hit of anywhere from 7.4 - 7.875 .
A 5 year deal brings him to age 30/31, 8 years to age 33/34. Either way allows Swayman to sign another contract before his playing days are up, God willing.

Reactions: bruins19

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't give a shit about them getting money back in jerseys and whatever else, I am talking cap, if there was no cap I would give him 15 mil of Jeremys money.
I’m on your side in this however I want Jeremy to be happy and secure financially in case he has a big family

Kids are expensive

When I was a kid we would have to earn our keep pulling weeds and selling newspapers

Now kids can’t work because it causes anxiety

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sure, but “start”? Shouldn’t they have started there 3 months ago? And if they did and he’s still not signed then it’s because neither, or either, has budged (much) from their initial offer or ask. $6.2/4 (if true) two weeks before training camp starts doesn’t bode well at all. Hopefully I’m wrong, though.
I agree the 3 week silence is alarming. It’s gotta be posturing, Don swinging his hog around saying he’s not gonna be pushed around on this deal

Reactions: BTO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad