Jeff Vinik

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I thought it was elaborated that the Lightning are not involved in the settlement?
They're an isolated entity that I would imagine stays isolated from proceedings. I haven't seen any speculation about him selling the lightning.
It depends on how hard in the paint Jeff Vinik wants to go with protecting his assets, but unless his people completely fumble the ball, there should be very little risk.
Yeah, the man handled a multibillion hedge fund(s), I would assume his risk is very well understood and covered. I also never got the impression of him being a vindictive person in the slightest, he really is one of the nicest, friendliest people you'll meet. They both sound level headed about splitting.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
They're an isolated entity that I would imagine stays isolated from proceedings. I haven't seen any speculation about him selling the lightning.

Yeah, the man handled a multibillion hedge fund(s), I would assume his risk is very well understood and covered. I also never got the impression of him being a vindictive person in the slightest, he really is one of the nicest, friendliest people you'll meet. They both sound level headed about splitting.
I believe the line of thinking is that a divorce would somehow financially cripple Jeff Vinik, enough for him to need to sell the team.

When you are dealing with enough money, divorces don't necessarily work like that. Even if there's no pre or postnuptial agreements.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I thought I heard within the last few years that he did sell part of the team or was a minority owner now? Maybe I'm confused.
No he's still majority owner. He sold a minority share of the team to some investment group called Arctos Sports Partners

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad