Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner -- Bought Out 6/29/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
ron paul.gif

edit: wow that was fast by Capfriendly
1719692572994.png

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If Pegula wanted to save money, Don would still be coach. C'mon, guys.

Now it's up to Adams to exploit that cap space.
Bills are down about $40 million in total cash spent this year. If you want a conspiracy theory. Save on the Bills, spend on the Sabres this year.

Although the Bills could extend a couple of their young players this summer to increase that number.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Gotta figure they have a FA coming in to replace his production somewhat or I just don’t get this

Well, I will get it. Terry wants to save money. I will just be appalled.
I wish KA could add a significant player, but I just don't see how you get that guy, because that guy would require a multi-year contract that wouldn't fit after year one of the buy-out. Or they do get that guy on a multi-year contract, and then cheap out on other moves, and ultimately have to eat dead cap that eliminates a quality depth player for years 4-6.

I just see it being VERY hard to actually make optimum use of the buy-out cap space, impossible really.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I guess Adams plans to overpay free agents in free agency unless he figured out how to close a deal.
Well I'm hoping for another top six wing with skins gone along with a 2c tweener for 3c and a utility winger in the top 9 for up and down the lineup the dcore is fine maybe another dman as well

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I wish KA could add a significant player, but I just don't see how you get that guy, because that guy would require a multi-year contract that wouldn't fit after year one of the buy-out. Or they do get that guy on a multi-year contract, and then cheap out on other moves, and ultimately have to eat dead cap that eliminates a quality depth player for years 4-6.

I just see it being VERY hard to actually make optimum use of the buy-out cap space, impossible really.
I don't think they'll have a ton of issues even with the dead cap. Quinn shouldn't get a massive increase given he hasn't really done a whole lot yet. JJ they could always do a 2 year bridge to get past the bad dead cap year. Benson we have yet to see how he performs, Tuch may be willing to take a hometown discount (he might be the only player willing to). That mostly just leaves Byram and who knows what they do in that regard.

As people have stated many times here, good teams worry about the cap when it becomes a problem, not 2 years before it does.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
If we don’t try and replace his production, we don’t. Probably stupid of me but I think they don’t do this without having something lined up to replace his production
If I’m trying to improve the roster simply replacing Skinner doesn’t do it. I think you buyout Skinner if you believe there’s a younger cheaper player on the roster that can replace his production. Then you use his cap savings to add and improve the quality of the roster.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Kevyn Adams is definitely making moves this summer. Excited to see how he fills out the roster over the rest of the off-season. I’m tentatively optimistic with how he’s kicked things off over the last few days.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If I’m trying to improve the roster simply replacing Skinner doesn’t do it. I think you buyout Skinner if you believe there’s a younger cheaper player on the roster that can replace his production. Then you use his cap savings to add and improve the quality of the roster.
And obviously we have players on the roster who can replace Skinner's production (but they'll also be playing defense), but Adams also needs to add 3-4 new players for Ruff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad