Jeff Skinner: from 0 play off games to McDavid wing

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner will get a good look for sure but we have been there with many other potential McDavid wingers already .. a long list that didn't pan out.
RNH also helps out McDavid on defensive end often playing the C role allowing McD to hang around the blueline instead of the trenches.
All I am saying is that Oilers have options.

They have options but I think they've been missing a one shot scorer for quite a while now.

People need to remember, Evander Kane when he first came to the Oilers scored 13 goals in 15 playoff games, in the subsequent two seasons after his bad wrist injury, he's scored 3 and 4 goals respectively in the last two playoff runs.

That's a huge loss in goal scoring that gets overlooked.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
They have options but I think they've been missing a one shot scorer for quite a while now.

People need to remember, Evander Kane when he first came to the Oilers scored 13 goals in 15 playoff games, in the subsequent two players after his bad wrist injury, he's scored 3 and 4 goals respectively in the last two playoff runs.

That's a huge loss in goal scoring that gets overlooked.
He really f***ed up the Flames in that series.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Well you obviously know nothing about Foegeles playoff game. He’s a complete nothing in the playoffs 90% of the time. This year he was less nothing, cause he hurt us with dumb giveaways, passes to no where. Near the end of the playoffs he started contributing more, due to being gifted minutes next to McD.

Skinner doesn’t have a playoff reputation cause his team never gave him a chance to be in the playoffs. It remains to be seen what he can do in the playoffs. I don’t expect him to be a 2 way beast or physical at all. But if he brings scoring in the playoffs with his elite ability to navigate through tight spaces and score in tight spaces, that will be more than enough value to help the Oilers. Way more than what Foegele brought which is a bunch of ineffective and wasted energy.
On offense the oilers biggest issue is when McDrai suck nobody picks up the pace, their entire team defense included react off those two so when they aren't going they usually lose and their lottery number stats back that. Neither guy they brought in drives play and maybe they tried but couldn't but the oilers should have tried to land Marshassault or Debrusk, the latter just seemed like a natural fit and I've seen many oiler fans talk about wanting him.

I imagine Skinner will show up in a lot of 6-5 type games but he's not gonna help the team win games very often on the nights they actually need guys like him to win games.

It's really funny seeing the oilers join the leafs as media darlings where they are flawless and every signing is golden. I guess #97 juiced the ratings?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
On offense the oilers biggest issue is when McDrai suck nobody picks up the pace, their entire team defense included react off those two so when they aren't going they usually lose and their lottery number stats back that. Neither guy they brought in drives play and maybe they tried but couldn't but the oilers should have tried to land Marshassault or Debrusk, the latter just seemed like a natural fit and I've seen many oiler fans talk about wanting him.

I imagine Skinner will show up in a lot of 6-5 type games but he's not gonna help the team win games very often on the nights they actually need guys like him to win games.

It's really funny seeing the oilers join the leafs as media darlings where they are flawless and every signing is golden. I guess #97 juiced the ratings?

McDavid generates the same chances in any type of game 3-2 or 6-5, doesn't matter. Skinner is going to get good looks, if he can cash, then he can cash, I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

Reactions: LTIR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad