Friedman: Jeff Skinner Buyout is a possibility.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That Adams himself has shut down multiple things Friedman has reported IE Tuch as an example. The Eichel saga.

Also there’s an episode where Friedman specifically addressed people saying they don’t like one another.

I’m not wrong
Lol that's not proof buddy. Adams has to shut down things he's leaking to the press -- he's leaking it for a reason. Don't you understand the dynamic between GM and media?

Also, Friedmann never said Adams didn't like him -- he actually laughed at the idea that people thought that.

I have proof that they work well together.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Isaak Rosen, Matt Savoie, and Juri Kulich are all already better NHL players than Skinner is. This makes the GMs job SO MUCH easier.

To :hawks
Skinner (50%) and #11

To :sabres

Problem solved.
Skinner refuses to be traded anywhere but TOR. If that wasn't the case, Buffalo would have retained and traded last year.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Lol that's not proof buddy. Adams has to shut down things he's leaking to the press -- he's leaking it for a reason. Don't you understand the dynamic between GM and media?

Also, Friedmann never said Adams didn't like him -- he actually laughed at the idea that people thought that.

I have proof that they work well together.
sounds good man. I’m sure you do

Right on the precipice of a team taking the step into long-term success again. That would be brutal.
how many Sabres games did you watch this year? Genuinely curious

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's less about "can we afford him" and more "do we even want this guy skating for us". Skinner is pretty useless if he's not scoring.
I would agree. It's $22 mill remaining, so he's getting $14.67 mill of that. Leaves him like $7.33 mill left to "make up" over the next 3 seasons. Options post buyout for him would be low amount with a good team, or if he's looking to make up the full amount of the $7.33 mill, it's to a mid to lower half of the league team.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
It's less about "can we afford him" and more "do we even want this guy skating for us". Skinner is pretty useless if he's not scoring.
It also makes the roster construction significantly easier when we want our bottom 6 to have more of an identity

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Skinner doesn't agree to be traded anywhere but Toronto... maybe Ottawa?... but also maybe Carolina. He started his career there and it's familiar surroundings. Not saying it would happen but it's more likely than every other team in the league.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Skinner is done in Buffalo

Said it a couple of weeks ago in the Buffalo forum but didn't go over well

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Skinner doesn't agree to be traded anywhere but Toronto... maybe Ottawa?... but also maybe Carolina. He started his career there and it's familiar surroundings. Not saying it would happen but it's more likely than every other team in the league.
The reason he left Carolina is because RBA refused to coach him anymore. Carolina is literally the last place he'd be welcome.

Every coach he's ever had has grown to hate him within one full season.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I always thought next summer (2025) was the time to buy him out -- the math is much better. Also, I'm curious if Lindy can improve his overall game at all.
Adams might be out of his job by then. Makes sense why he’s willing to do this now

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
They have 23M in cap space already, why saddle yourself with a buyout cap hit until the end of the 2029/30 season when you won't use the cap savings now?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Jeff Skinner is the opposite player of what Toronto should be acquiring.

They have 23M in cap space already, why saddle yourself with a buyout cap hit until the end of the 2029/30 season when you won't use the cap savings now?
Who said they won’t use the cap? And because if he plays at all he will be on the third line where he is useless.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Who said they won’t use the cap? And because if he plays at all he will be on the third line where he is useless.

If they buyout Skinner they will have 30M in cap space with no one significant to re-sign besides UPL.

Will be almost impossible to spend all that money via UFA/trade unless they are taking on bad contracts, which would make no sense for them to do at this stage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad