Friedman: Jeff Skinner Buyout is a possibility.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On the Jeff Marek show they brought up Jeff Skinner as a potential buyout candidate,Elliot said it was a possibility because it would save Buffalo 7.5 million on the cap next year, and next year is a big year for Buffalo.

If they did it I would be all over him, especially with both Domi and Bertuzzi as free agents soon.

If they leave they need to be replaced and you can't replace everybody with Marlies.

Reactions: Seanaconda

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
On the Jeff Marek show they brought up Jeff Skinner as a potential buyout candidate,Elliot said it was a possibility because it would save Buffalo 7.5 million on the cap next year, and next year is a big year for Buffalo.

If they did it I would be all over him, especially with both Domi and Bertuzzi as free agents soon.

If they leave they need to be replaced and you can't replace everybody with Marlies.
Ya hit is low next year (1.5ish), but then a 4.5 ish and a 6.5ish (yikes), followed by 2.5ish cap years.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ya hit is low next year (1.5ish), but then a 4.5 ish and a 6.5ish (yikes), followed by 2.5ish cap years.

Yeah they mentioned that too, that he had 1 really big year like they said with the cap shooting up that's not really a big deal.

By the time it hits 6.5 the capi will be close to 100 million, maybe even 100 million.

And certainly by the time he's making 2.5

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He can bring some scoring touch to a team that already has a competitive group. However, he can't be The Guy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country!?

Is there another site we can get this info at after the Crapitals take CF offline?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
At this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country!?

Is there another site we can get this info at after the Crapitals take CF offline?

I haven't checked it out Elliott and Marke mentioned PuckPedia on a recent podcast.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, but at the same time, it may simply be a culture thing with Skinner having played 1000 games with no PO. Right now the Sabres have most of their guys locked up like Dahlin, Power, Thompson, Cozens, etc. If they can survive those 2 years, they should be ok.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If he were to be bought out. He’s coming here probably. He only wanted to go to buffalo or Toronto if I recall due to being close to home. (Not sure if he has a specific reason)

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
He can bring some scoring touch to a team that already has a competitive group. However, he can't be The Guy.
Sounds like he would be perfect in Boston. Only thing holding the bruins back right now is lack of scoring and top six talent.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Just so we are also clear, EF and Adams have a very icy relationship and I’d be weary about any claims he’s making

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He can also completely sink a line, and make coaches want to quit coaching.

Just so we are also clear, EF and Adams have a very icy relationship and I’d be weary about any claims he’s making
Where's your proof on this? I think Adams gives him stuff he wants leaked fairly regularly, so I don't believe you are correct here.

Rangers need a cheap RW for Zib and Kreider
He only plays LW

If he were to be bought out. He’s coming here probably. He only wanted to go to buffalo or Toronto if I recall due to being close to home. (Not sure if he has a specific reason)
There is no way in 1,000 years that Berube would approve that addition.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
He can also completely sink a line, and make coaches want to quit coaching.

Where's your proof on this? I think Adams gives him stuff he wants leaked fairly regularly, so I don't believe you are correct here.

He only plays LW

There is no way in 1,000 years that Berube would approve that addition.
That Adams himself has shut down multiple things Friedman has reported IE Tuch as an example. The Eichel saga.

Also there’s an episode where Friedman specifically addressed people saying they don’t like one another.

I’m not wrong

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Jeff Skinner the last quarter of the season:
22 GP, 5 Goals, 10 Pts, 13:33 TOI/GP

It's not just that he's overpaid anymore. It's that he's not very good. Once the Sabres got guys like Quinn back, Skinner was playing bottom six minutes with PP2 time.

The people who think "oh gee, Sabres buy him out, we can get him for cheap, slot him in our top 6 and viola...we just added a top sixer, 30+ goal guy for nothing"...are in for a rude awakening. We all know he can't be "the" guy...the problem is he's not much of "a" guy at this point.

Not saying he isn't worth a shout if he's bought out and floating around for a cheap-o deal...but the idea that he should be an integral part of any contending team's top six or a relied upon PP weapon - those days are probably over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad