Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner -- Bought Out 6/29/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I'm still not going to miss that guy. He's like the Chase Claypool of the NHL in terms of playing the game the right way and doing his job as coached.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
The Sabres are easily the worst franchise in hockey. This buyout is just the latest proof. He will score 30+ and be a positive player in Edmonton. For $3 M. And we signed Zucker for $5 M and have a cap issue five more years.
Ya figure maybe he got $3M because that's exactly what he's worth?

Reactions: Jacob582

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
If they don't use the cap space the buyout created, then it's absolutely a bad idea. Healthy scratching him every night would've been preferable to the buyout.
Because scratching him every night couldnt cause issues in the locker room

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
my post isn't thread specific

K, but it’s in a specific thread, which still begs the question “why are you expecting positivity in a Jeff Skinner thread?”

Or because he's still making decent money and might get to play with the best center of this generation, and probably guaranteed to make the playoffs for the first time in his career

I can’t wait for him to wreck house, score 60 goals, and meanwhile we’ll continue to turn on every player that leaves. Eichel, Reinhart, Montour, Okposo, Rodrigues, RoR- they’re the losers, not us.

There’s some positivity. I hope Skinner wins a cup.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I feel like ever since O’Reilly Pegula has been super sensitive towards any sign a player doesn’t want to be in Buffalo.

He’s going to have to get over that. Especially with all the losing.

He is super sensitive to spending money. He has to on some deals like Dahlin or there would be nothing left to team. This is a small market feeder team now. Get used to it.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Or because he's still making decent money and might get to play with the best center of this generation, and probably guaranteed to make the playoffs for the first time in his career

This is a great way to reestablish his value and score 35+ goals

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
A lot of us wanted him off the power play. This buyout was one way to do it.

That wasn't a good reason. The whole process was done for PR or to save real dollars. It would have been easier to just force Skinner to play out the contract or at least one more year. Maybe two. He could have sat in stands. The only way it all makes sense is if Ruff just hates the guy and wanted him out of his locker room.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20240703_162614.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad