Confirmed with Link: Jean-François Houle Extended (updated post #531) - Laperriere & Marciano Also Extended

Should Houle be brought back?

• Yes

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 66.3%

• Total voters

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Any chance we see Plekanec as an assistant in Laval someday? Noticed he just coached the Czechia team to gold in the World Championships

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Any chance we see Plekanec as an assistant in Laval someday? Noticed he just coached the Czechia team to gold in the World Championships

Not sure Plekanec would want to come back to NA to work in the AHL.

I'm expecting him to get some role in Kladno.

Reactions: Vachon23

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I am convinced Houle is gone . They just giving him a chance to find another job, and that tweet / leak is exactly that

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I will take that bet. #1 priority of an AHL coach is to develop talent and no one can argue that he has not done that.
Deal :) let’s wait for after the memorial cup. Either habs announce he is back or a replacement .
Again I say he finds a job somewhere else and habs move on without looking like they fired him … (even though they de facto did )

Reactions: Tyson

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I am convinced Houle is gone . They just giving him a chance to find another job, and that tweet / leak is exactly that
It does make it looks like the Rocket is Houle's backup plan if he can't get an NHL assistant coach gig somewhere.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It does make it looks like the Rocket is Houle's backup plan if he can't get an NHL assistant coach gig somewhere.

Which makes sense. Montreal can't tell him "either you take it or you don't" when the guy is looking for an opportunity to get a job behind an NHL bench. It would be pretty shitty of Montreal to stop him from doing that.

They probably told him they'd like to have him back, but they gave him the chance to explore other avenues.

Reactions: Vachon23

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Which makes sense. Montreal can't tell him "either you take it or you don't" when the guy is looking for an opportunity to get a job behind an NHL bench. It would be pretty shitty of Montreal to stop him from doing that.

They probably told him they'd like to have him back, but they gave him the chance to explore other avenues.
He can't go Pikachu mode if they end up hiring someone if still unresolved by mid July.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Of course, at some point, JF Houle would need to get back to Montreal/Laval so they can move on to look elsewhere. And it would not be out of the realm of possibility that Laval had candidates in mind as back ups.

Should just say all the horrible shit he's said about Mysak et al. to him as they can his ass and look for a coach that can get a team organized and energized in must win games.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Should just say all the horrible shit he's said about Mysak et al. to him as they can his ass and look for a coach that can get a team organized and energized in must win games.

I think it really goes with the mandate the organization gives him. His job might not be based on wins and losses, but how well he prepares the players for call ups. Not that they think losses are acceptable, but the priority is set on development.

I'm not a fan of how he limited Mysak. Whether Mysak was a depth player in Laval or not, the fact he put a cap on his potential is what sucked. But overall, he puts the prospects in key spots in the line-up.

Hopefully Pagnotta is wrong, he is often wrong.

Unfortunately, I think it's legit because we're hearing it from different people now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad