Should Houle be brought back?

• Yes

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
GMs don't typical rip their head coaches during a playoff push. His response was political but basically reading between the lines, Houle should be gone.

Looked between the lines .......there was nothing:huh:

Joke apart, i dont really care if he stays or if he goes , it seems to me he is fulfilling his role cuz whenever the Habs call someone up from Laval they seems to do pretty well with the big club, and i think that some here are way to critical of his work, but hey that's HF.

Things that bug me sometimes is

Habs sucks not MSL's fault he has a crappy lineup
Laval sucks it's Houle fault even if he has a crappy lineup

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Looked between the lines .......there was nothing:huh:

Joke apart, i dont really care if he stays or if he goes , it seems to me he is fulfilling his role cuz whenever the Habs call someone up from Laval they seems to do pretty well with the big club, and i think that some here are way to critical of his work, but hey that's HF.

Things that bug me sometimes is

Habs sucks not MSL's fault he has a crappy lineup
Laval sucks it's Houle fault even if he has a crappy lineup

Exactly!

Entirely bias driven and meaningless. Houle is receiving all of the residual MB hate due to being one of his hires.

Ask them to explain exactly and precisely what it is about Houle that makes him a terrible coach and you will only receive anecdotal rhetoric dripping with confirmation bias.

Reactions: teamfirst and mdk

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Exactly!

Entirely bias driven and meaningless. Houle is receiving all of the residual MB hate due to being one of his hires.

Ask them to explain exactly and precisely what it is about Houle that makes him a terrible coach and you will only receive anecdotal rhetoric dripping with confirmation bias.

Next you're going to tell me that basing my dislike for Marty Lapointe on his stupid tattoos is irrational. :huh:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Next you're going to tell me that basing my dislike for Marty Lapointe on his stupid tattoos is irrational. :huh:

I sometimes form judgements on guys with tribal tattoos who spend way too much time at the gym, but not necessarily just on the "bad" tatoos as they are permanent and may have been done at a time when this person was of a different mindset. I also acknowledge that those judgements are often wrong despite the anecdotal allure to draw definitive conclusion from a sweeping generalization. I make no judgement on most tattoos as it often is a sign of freedom of expression and creativity which are two things that I value.

I would also argue that their is far more evidence to support my initial bias towards said individuals than the anti Houle witch burners can present to support their case. This is really a non sequitur despite it's cute intentions.

The real question that supplies a very telling answer is, why introduce a non sequitur into a discussion....?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I make judgement on guys with tribal tattoos who spend way too much time at the gym, but not necessarily just on the "bad" tatoos as theyt are permanent and may have been done at a time when this person was of a different mindset. I also acknowledge that those judgements are often wrong despite the anecdotal allure to draw definitive conclusion from a sweeping generalization. I make no judgement on most tattoos as it often is a sign of freedom of expression and creativity which are two things that I value.

I would also argue that their is far more evidence to support my initial bias towards said individuals than the anti Houle witch burners can present to support their case. This is really a non sequitur despite it's cute intentions.
Meh, I'm happy either way TBH. I like a lot of what Houle has done, but we could also be doing better with a more modern minded coach.

Curios as to what evidence you have that would suggest that he is not "modern minded" ? Given the fact that he has entirely bought in on adopting the same values, tactics and tools as the most modern minded franchise in the entire league from a developmental standpoint.

BTW: You have the best avatars, always interesting to see what you will do next. You musical taste is on point my friend!

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I think it’s time for a change, and I’ll admit some of that may be residual scar tissue. Meaning I watched for 10+ years as my Habs glorified past was destroyed by management telling us the coaches are “fine” and just be patient for another year. IMHO, I see too many preparedness issues & mental mistakes coming from the AHL bench. Laval has far more talent than its had in a long while. Houle, I’m sure is a nice guy however in the business of sports you have two directions moving forward or sliding back. The AHL is working best when it’s developing winning habits/culture for both players & coaches. I would be mortified if Houle was selected to coach the Habs based on this past 3 years which is a good sample size……hockey is evolving & we can’t be held back due to biases.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Which is it? Does Houle suck? Or does this team has absolutely no firepower up front? How much is that a Houle problem?

Sorry but if Houle would be Lefebvre, he's be going with Kaskisuo. Houle has been awesome for Dobes. And he does play who is hot. And he's not shy of using Reinbacher.

What is Houle's biggest criticism right now? Mind you, I don't care replacing him....I still think that he's done more than what he has in hand.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
There is no coaching problem with Laval. Again this idea that a coach can turn a player that is basically not good enough into an impact player is ludicrous. Struble was good enough, same for Roy, both are with the Habs now and they spent little time in Laval. Mailloux is progressing well, same for Dobes, because they have what it takes. Then you have the borderline guys, Heineman, Trudeau. Houle won't make Farrell and Kidney bigger and stronger.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
There is no coaching problem with Laval. Again this idea that a coach can turn a player that is basically not good enough into an impact player is ludicrous. Struble was good enough, same for Roy, both are with the Habs now and they spent little time in Laval. Mailloux is progressing well, same for Dobes, because they have what it takes. Then you have the borderline guys, Heineman, Trudeau. Houle won't make Farrell and Kidney bigger and stronger.

But, but there is something that I just don't like about him and I heard he is operating a pizza joint where in the basement.....

• Haha
Reactions: teamfirst

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I sometimes form judgements on guys with tribal tattoos who spend way too much time at the gym, but not necessarily just on the "bad" tatoos as they are permanent and may have been done at a time when this person was of a different mindset. I also acknowledge that those judgements are often wrong despite the anecdotal allure to draw definitive conclusion from a sweeping generalization. I make no judgement on most tattoos as it often is a sign of freedom of expression and creativity which are two things that I value.

The real question that supplies a very telling answer is, why introduce a non sequitur into a discussion....?

it wasn't a 'non sequitur', it was a little joke that flew over your head. In fact, I was agreeing with you. :huh:

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Curios as to what evidence you have that would suggest that he is not "modern minded" ? Given the fact that he has entirely bought in on adopting the same values, tactics and tools as the most modern minded franchise in the entire league from a developmental standpoint.

BTW: You have the best avatars, always interesting to see what you will do next. You musical taste is on point my friend!
He's not a Therrien level neanderthal by a long shot, but by his own admission he's a classic north-south defensive system oriented coach. As I said, I do like what he's done with a lot of the kids and I'm perfectly fine with him staying. I just really liked the new approach Joel Bouchard was bringing when he was the coach, he's closer to what my ideal farm team coach should be. Thanks a bunch for the compliments ;⁠-⁠)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad