Prospect Info: Jayden Struble Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Should watch how MidFairfield or Boston Jr Eagles play - both philosophies & structures were developed by MSL & Hughes respectively, there’s zero tolerance for stupid plays or retribution hockey

Chara now coached Jr Eagles and again zero tolerance for retribution hockey
C'mon man are you really comparing midget hockey to NHL hockey?

Reactions: Prairie Habs

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Yes, the Bruins Gorton built were known as an ‘academic’ team.
I said Hughes & MSL..

As for Gorton, he was canned from NYR because he refused to bring in truculence. Even in Boston, Chia-pet & Neely were the ones who brought in truculence, Gorton brought in skill based players

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
People who wished Jordan Harris would bulk up got their wish. Struble is just as completely safe and smart without the weak physical play Harris brought.

Reactions: jrom and 1909

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Lol no need to be dramatic.
Not being dramatic at all, I’ve got zero doubt he’s getting dealt of not before season starts then next summer.

He’s not a Hughes / MSL type player

People who wished Jordan Harris would bulk up got their wish. Struble is just as completely safe and smart without the weak physical play Harris brought.
While being an elite skater ..

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Not being dramatic at all, I’ve got zero doubt he’s getting dealt of not before season starts then next summer.

He’s not a Hughes / MSL type player

While being an elite skater ..
Hughes/Gorton/MSL hate Xhekaj so much that they drafted his younger brother, who's just as mean.

Struble said this about him by the way. Pretty much how the whole room feels I'd imagine:

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Trust me both Hughes & MSL hate with vitriol any player who prescribes to retribution play - they both view hockey from an academic perspective if you will and don’t care for down & dirty hockey

If true, they should both fired when the re-build is over and the team is on the upswing. Bring a management/coaching team like Bill Zito that will go get some mean f***** to finish the job. I don't know how they could watch the Panthers literally bully their way through the eastern conference 2 years in a row and think we don't need that. Teams will walk all over you if they know you won't hit back.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If true, they should both fired when the re-build is over and the team is on the upswing. Bring a management/coaching team like Bill Zito that will go get some mean f***** to finish the job. I don't know how they could watch the Panthers literally bully their way through the eastern conference 2 years in a row and think we don't need that. Teams will walk all over you if they know you won't hit back.
Just look at Stevie Ys teams in TBay and now Det… simply different philosophies that’s all.

Hughes/Gorton/MSL hate Xhekaj so much that they drafted his younger brother, who's just as mean.

Struble said this about him by the way. Pretty much how the whole room feels I'd imagine:

Hughes coached Struble w Jr Eagles they hold him in high regard, precisely because not only does he bring a truculence factor but it’s superseded by elite skating, coach ability and a penchant for learning / desire to play intelligent hockey

Xhekaj hasn’t proved a willingness to learn is the point..

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Trust me both Hughes & MSL hate with vitriol any player who prescribes to retribution play - they both view hockey from an academic perspective if you will and don’t care for down & dirty hockey

Tough to coach your team when rats are taking out your best players. If Xhekaj can dissuade that going forward MSL will appreciate it.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Just look at Stevie Ys teams in TBay and now Det… simply different philosophies that’s all.

Yeah true.

Either way even if you're right and Arber gets traded, I think we'd get a good return, some fans might not like him but GM/Coaches would be happy to have him on their team. He'd have decent value, especially packaged with other pieces.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Hughes coached Struble w Jr Eagles they hold him in high regard, precisely because not only does he bring a turbulence factor but it’s superseded by elite skating, coach ability and a penchant for learning / desire to play intelligent hockey
The post wasn't about Struble; I'm commenting on your theory that MSL/Gorton don't like Xhekaj and want him traded.

They drafted his brother. Do you think if they felt that way about Arber they'd feel that way about Florian? They're different players, sure, but they have the exact same temperament.

If Xhekaj gets traded it will either be because a team values what he brings and overpays, or there are six guys on the backend that are miles better than he is. Not for any conspiratorial reason.

Reactions: SlafySZN

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The post wasn't about Struble; I'm commenting on your theory that MSL/Gorton don't like Xhekaj and want him traded.

They drafted his brother. Do you think if they felt that way about Arber they'd feel that way about Florian? They're different players, sure, but they have the exact same temperament.

If Xhekaj gets traded it will either be because a team values what he brings and overpays, or there are six guys on the backend that are miles better than he is. Not for any conspiratorial reason.
I never stated so, I’ve maintained Struble has blown past Xhekaj & Barron especially after this camp - combined w pure hockey skills where Struble is miles ahead has put Xhekaj as 7D on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad