Waived: Jay Rosehill

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Zepp was always going to be waived unless a goalie was hurt.

Remember last season they waived Hall rather than Rosehill, but then Hall was recalled and played in 80 games.

Evergreen

The Phantoms have a tough group of guys

Any guesses as to what the Phantoms lineup will look like this season? I'm more excited about the Phantoms this year than I have been since the Richards & Carter days.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Watch our team be the worst it has been in years and our GM an coach will blame the lack of "toughness" and next year we get Rosehill and Storts!

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
There are definitely a fair share of matchups that we'll wish we had a scrapper in the lineup for if we don't. It's important to a lot of NHL players.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Simmonds has fought multiple goons and 4th liners in his career... never been injured vs them and done pretty well.

Luke Schenn has fought some tough customers and not been unduly bothered.

Rinaldo will fight anyone and lose to anyone.

There are only like 10 true heavyweights left in the league... and only 5 dress that often, Scott, Gazdic, Orr, McGrattan and Bordeleau.

McLaren and Gazdic were the only guys Rosehill fought last year who no-one on our current roster could not handle. Rosehill played less than half the season.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Rinaldo can beat some ass depending on the opponent. He's pretty good against middleweights. Guys that kick his ass are Thornton, Bissonnette, ect but it's alright. As long as our guys avoid being Downied it'll all be good.

Evergreen

Rinaldo can beat some ass depending on the opponent. He's pretty good against middleweights. Guys that kick his ass are Thornton, Bissonnette, ect but it's alright. As long as our guys avoid being Downied it'll all be good.

I also did not like watching Lecavalier get his face caved in by Oleksey last season.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
We without a doubt have some guys who can stick up for themselves, it's not smart or safe to have them doing the teams bidding and their own in that category though--expensive hands expensive eyes.

It's not hard to imagine yourself in the place of being a small skilled guy or one of the tons of kids under 23 years old and having angry giants on skates checking you and intimidating you. For a small young guy that would be enough to take them off their game no problem, which they were already fighting to get. Having a guy whose job is to guarantee a fight against anyone who takes a shot at you means everything. Were talking about kids against massive men here and moreso now than ever.

Im not advocating dressing a heavyweight for the season but having that guy to shuffle in if the coach feels like his players could be threatened, is important, especially considering that everyone here wants to get younger etc. The individual depth of our top 11 now has gotten so solid, with callups in brewing up for scoring spots. Im all for having a tough guy in the 13th spot to defend our guys against the idiots that are scattered amongst the league.

When Sam the punisher Morin gets up here at like 240 then its a different story, eye-contact will simply cause stick tape money to fall out of your hockey pants.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Well it wouldn't surprise me to see them call up Rosehill for a game should we need him against a team like Boston or Toronto.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Could this be a salary cap move? I have no idea how it works, but I read somewhere that they may only be sending him down while we put Pronger/Kimmo on LTIR and then call him back up once the season starts.

I'd much rather just be rid of him altogether, of course. Useless plug. It'd be interesting if Berube was for keeping him and Hextall sent him down anyway.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Well it wouldn't surprise me to see them call up Rosehill for a game should we need him against a team like Boston or Toronto.

Looking for help with this. Once a player clears waivers once, you can recall and demote them throughout the year without doing so, correct? Thanks.

RJ8812*

Looking for help with this. Once a player clears waivers once, you can recall and demote them throughout the year without doing so, correct? Thanks.

if they stay on the NHL roster for 10 games or 30 days, they have to clear waivers again

I think

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area
Last time we tried this Giroux kept getting run, to the point that Voracek had to step up and fight somebody, and yes he won, but u don't want that to happen again.

Lost in this Rosehill demotion is that we also lost Hartnell, who essentially was Giroux's protector on the top line. No Hartsy, no Rosie.. Not sure I like where we are with the team toughness. Simmonds and Rinaldo, that's about it. Jones seemed game but not a great fighter, and Schenn will stick up for guys but doesn't fight much. I dunno, we'll see how it goes, but I'd be surprised if we didn't have a "goon" by November on the roster, maybe sooner.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I'd much rather have skill go against Toronto's 4th line then go head to head with toughness.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Last time we tried this Giroux kept getting run, to the point that Voracek had to step up and fight somebody, and yes he won, but u don't want that to happen again.

Lost in this Rosehill demotion is that we also lost Hartnell, who essentially was Giroux's protector on the top line. No Hartsy, no Rosie.. Not sure I like where we are with the team toughness. Simmonds and Rinaldo, that's about it. Jones seemed game but not a great fighter, and Schenn will stick up for guys but doesn't fight much. I dunno, we'll see how it goes, but I'd be surprised if we didn't have a "goon" by November on the roster, maybe sooner.

amen.

Im still pissed over losing hartnell.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Hallelujah, praise Jeebus. With the state the team is at, I don't mind having one guy like Rosehill playing on the fourth line. We already have Rinaldo though and he's not going anywhere most likely and having Rosehill/Rinaldo compose the majority of our fourth line options would make me have mental vomit. Only room for one of those guys, max, if you want to roll a fourth line that can be useful or at least not a total liability.

I'd much rather have skill go against Toronto's 4th line then go head to head with toughness.

If people think goons/pure enforcers wins games or that Toronto is a good example to follow they should see where Toronto finished last season, then look at the likes of Orr-McLaren composing their fourth line, then ask Leafs fans what they thought about not being able to roll our four responsible lines as well as how they think that affected the rest of the lineup.

I'm relatively confidant Leafs fans won't be all that happy about it or the fact that their fourth line might be that way again this season.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Hallelujah, praise Jeebus. With the state the team is at, I don't mind having one guy like Rosehill playing on the fourth line. We already have Rinaldo though and he's not going anywhere most likely and having Rosehill/Rinaldo compose the majority of our fourth line options would make me have mental vomit. Only room for one of those guys, max, if you want to roll a fourth line that can be useful or at least not a total liability.

If people think goons/pure enforcers wins games or that Toronto is a good example to follow they should see where Toronto finished last season, then look at the likes of Orr-McLaren composing their fourth line, then ask Leafs fans what they thought about not being able to roll our four responsible lines as well as how they think that affected the rest of the lineup.

I'm relatively confidant Leafs fans won't be all that happy about it or the fact that their fourth line might be that way again this season.

Toronto needs a new word just for them: the truculoss.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

That was over a year ago.

The Oleksy fight in 2011-12 was when Voracek stepped in and nailed Oleksy after he hit Giroux, and it was a clean hit, Hartnell was on ice as well. Oleksy is not a goon, he is a #7 middleweight who half our roster could deal with. Washington had a 'goon' in that game... Volpatti, another middleweight (who Adam Hall beat twice last year) and what did he do all game... nothing, played 5 minutes and was crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad