Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Jarvis smokes Lundell,

Jarvis is going to be better than Svech, and probably better than Aho, IMO. In fact he might be the most talented, driven player we've seen in a decade on this team. But that's just my opinio.
I’m president of the Jarvis fan club but you are seriously underrating Aho here. Jarvis still has to take another step or two before even being compared to Aho, moving to center for one and upping his production to Aho’s level consistently while doing it for two.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Nachos is listed as a C as well.

If Jarvis could bump his fo% 10-12% he could easily play center.
It's telling to me that, unlike Necas, Rod actually has had him take faceoffs on the occasional shift. Even with the shoulder. Wouldn't at all surprise me at all if they think he can be a center long term, but that plan was on hold due to the shoulder problems this year.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's telling to me that, unlike Necas, Rod actually has had him take faceoffs on the occasional shift. Even with the shoulder. Wouldn't at all surprise me at all if they think he can be a center long term, but that plan was on hold due to the shoulder problems this year.
It’s not just the occasional shift. He was taking faceoffs to start PKs over Staal when it was on Jarvis’ strong side. That said, there is a hell of a lot more to playing center than faceoffs.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Jarvis does basically everything you would want out of a C or at least possesses the raw abilities to lead to being effective at the NHL level.

He has high compete, strong and aware defensively, uses his linemates, plays north south hockey and has some physicality to him. Him and Aho would make a nice 1-2 punch down the middle as there's lots of overlap in their games but they go about things differently.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It’s not just the occasional shift. He was taking faceoffs to start PKs over Staal when it was on Jarvis’ strong side. That said, there is a hell of a lot more to playing center than faceoffs.
Is there any of that "hell of a lot more" that Jarvis does not have, or can not develop? Because if he can be turned into the 2C, that solves a whole lot of problems.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Is there any of that "hell of a lot more" that Jarvis does not have, or can not develop? Because if he can be turned into the 2C, that solves a whole lot of problems.
He's already an extremely effective defensive forward. Remember, he finished top 10 in Selke voting, it wasn't just some Canes writers throwing him a bone. Not sure what else he'd need to add to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad