Saskatchewan
Jarry + Accairi for Georgiev + futures

Or

Jarry + Accairi for Georgiev + Valeri Nichushkin + futures

Or

Jarry + Eller for Georgiev + Valerie Nichushkin + futures

Or

Jarry + Eller for Georgiev + futures

The trade with Eller involved futures would have to be bigger.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
So the Avs would be trading their goalie (that they are unhappy with) who is in the last year of his contract at $3.4M to Pittsburgh for their goalie (whom they are unhappy with) who has THREE years left after this one at $5.375M.

I'm glad you thought it through for BOTH sides.

I like how the Avs are also adding 'futures' because getting out of Jarry's contract with Georgiev - just isn't quite enough. :laugh:

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Should just be Jarry for one of Nuke/Landy

Still don’t think that entices the Avs

Probably a better deal to be had around Ned? Idk. Avalanche have like negative cap space.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
So the Avs would be trading their goalie (that they are unhappy with) who is in the last year of his contract at $3.4M to Pittsburgh for their goalie (whom they are unhappy with) who has THREE years left after this one at $5.375M.

I'm glad you thought it through for BOTH sides.

We are also giving them a 4C with potential retention.

I don't think we expect a lot in futures but I do believe Jarry would do a lot better behind the Avs Defense over ours.

We would also take on a problem player for them. Yes he is incredibly gifted though do the Avs want to take the chance on a player who will get suspended again?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can’t see any team with a short term goalie deciding to move on from that goalie for Jarry, unless Jarry has a fantastic first half of the year and a team is desperate for goaltending.

Jarry’s not some newcomer at this point, everyone knows what he is. A mediocre starter with consistency issues and a decently expensive deal with term is just not an enticing asset. He either needs to be playing really well for a few months or he needs 1 or 2 years fewer years on his contract for him to be movable.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
His numbers and cap hit aren’t “immovable”. Korpisalo has same term at 1 year less and worse numbers.

He just has a horrible reputation and deservedly so at this point. He would need retention. Doesn’t make sense for the Pens to tie up a retention slot for that long on a guy that they won’t get any sort of value for.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Better to the tune of .903 and .866 😂

A shit sandwich merchant talking about how his shit smells less worse than the other guys
I don't think we expect a lot in the futures department.

Thing is the teams with the goalies that Avs want they probably can't get since those teams are going for playoffs.

Jarry is a low end starter but is an upgrade.
Avs need a 4C badly as well.

We are also willing to take on Nichushkin.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
His numbers and cap hit aren’t “immovable”. Korpisalo has same term at 1 year less and worse numbers.

He just has a horrible reputation and deservedly so at this point. He would need retention. Doesn’t make sense for the Pens to tie up a retention slot for that long on a guy that they won’t get any sort of value for.

Korpisalo was retained down to $3 million and was brought in as a backup. I don't think he's applicable to Jarry at $5.3 million being traded for as a starter.

Jarry's in a weird spot where he doesn't have a significantly negative value contract (at least IMO), but the mediocre play combined with term and fairly high AAV just makes me think teams simply wouldn't want him. It's not a Merzlikins or Campbell situation, it's that teams don't like mediocrity with a decently sized term and money commitment.

Assuming a sober Nuke, Sid better be coming back in that deal.

Lmao

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I can’t see any team with a short term goalie deciding to move on from that goalie for Jarry, unless Jarry has a fantastic first half of the year and a team is desperate for goaltending.

Jarry’s not some newcomer at this point, everyone knows what he is. A mediocre starter with consistency issues and a decently expensive deal with term is just not an enticing asset. He either needs to be playing really well for a few months or he needs 1 or 2 years fewer years on his contract for him to be movable.
This.

While I would love to send him to the Avs, I have to think - if I was a Avs fan, would I want to bring him in? Probably not.

I can foresee two possibilities:
1. Jarry is traded for a similarly struggling asset not like Krueper for PLD. Penguins add another low-quality contract in hopes that it works out better.
2. A team believes that Jarry does have the skill set to be an effective starter and that he would benefit from being on a better team with better players and better defense.

I think the boat was missed a bit when LA traded PLD and DWR decided to go with Husso and Talbot. But maybe if both Talbot and Lyons struggle?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Jarry is another head case but instead of $3.4 million on the ledger, it is $21.5 million. Unless the Pens willingly and significantly eat a chunk of that over the life of the contract, there is zero world in which this makes sense for the Avs. The marginal “upgrade” is simply not worth that kind of cap hampering.

It is not just “the stats” that matter. It’s HOW you put up those stats. As I posted in the other thread:

Jarry's 0.905 SV% over the last two years and 0.911 SV% over the last three years are perfectly good. Georgiyev also has a 0.907 SV% over the last two years which also seems reasonably good. But we know Georgiyev is broken and Jarry's seasonal splits are alarming:

2022-23
October-December: 24 GP, 15 W, 2.78 GAA, 0.917 SV%
January-April: 23 GP, 9 W, 3.04 GAA, 0.899 SV%

2023-24
October-December: 24 GP, 11 W, 2.47 GAA, 0.916 SV%
January-April: 24 GP, 8 W, 3.31 GAA, 0.891 SV%

He's also 3.00 GAA and 0.891 SV% in 8 games when he physically makes it to the playoffs. For the beating Georgiev rightly takes, he's 2.72 GAA and 0.906 SV% in 18 playoff games.

He’s simply not a guy the Avs would even look at unless the Pens eat the max amount. Simply taking Georgiev back isn’t enough.

Nedeljkovic on the other hand could be a guy to circle back around on in February/March.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Kosovo vs Cyprus
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $725.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lithuania vs Romania
    Lithuania vs Romania
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $790.00