Proposal: Jarry and Graves for D. Nurse and 2nd

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Jarry makes 5.375, Graves 4,5 = 9,875

for

Darell Nurse 9,25
2nd rounder

Thoughts?
Darnell Nurse's contract is a major pain, though PIT might be more willing than others to overlook it if they want to try and be competitive while Crosby is still around, and Nurse's worst years will be when they are rebuilding anyways. That being said, I expect this deal lacks a serious incentive for PIT to go forward. I'm also unsure EDM will want to add 2 big money players on fairly long contracts without knowing if they mesh.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Jarry and Graves have some potential to turn things around, while Nurse is on a steep decline.

Reactions: Giskard

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Edmonton needs to attach a couple of 1sts.

Jarry is an ECHL goalie at this point in time and Graves is getting 4.5 mill number 6 man and is signed til the 28/29. This is one of those trades where the oilers would be stupid to do the trade. They save no money and take on two contracts that are right behind Nurse for being bad. You have seen Graves and Jarry play lately?

Graves and Jarry have this and 3 more years - Nurse has also this and 3 more years.

Graves has 4 and is number 6 on their D chart. The Pens are getting a whipping boy but getting rid of two guys who are barely NHLERS at this point in time

Crow

May 19, 2014
Seems pretty terrible for everyone involved. Not sure either team is happy doing this

iago

Apr 2, 2024
Edmonton needs to attach a couple of 1sts.
Edmonton is already adding a 2nd and increasing their cap hit with 2 players who are useless to them. No way they need to add 1sts, and should not even be adding the 2nd. Pitt should add to the trade for dumping useless contracts and improving their cap situation.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Edmonton is already adding a 2nd and increasing their cap hit with 2 players who are useless to them. No way they need to add 1sts, and should not even be adding the 2nd. Pitt should add to the trade for dumping useless contracts and improving their cap situation.
Its not really improving the cap since they need to replace jarry and that goalie will count towards the cap. Jarry is also the best player in the deal. He's about average. But seeing the contracts of today, his contract are about right for an average goaltender.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yeah, no thanks from the Pens. Graves might bounce back and Jarry could be dealt if needed. Nurse would just be another anchor on this sinking ship.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jarry and Graves have some potential to turn things around, while Nurse is on a steep decline.
That also gives the oilers a chance to exercise a buyout without as much dead cap as Nurse was both front loaded and has SB money left. So if neither player gels the oilers would have a better out on the contracts than with Nurse.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
What are the Oilers supposed to do with Jarry and Graves?

Nurse is in our Top 4 so now our lineups for D are

Ek Bouch
Jarry Stecher
Kulak Embersson

And Jarry is in the pickard spot?

I don't see how this helps the Oil. Not a bad proposal for value.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
What are the Oilers supposed to do with Jarry and Graves?

Nurse is in our Top 4 so now our lineups for D are

Ek Bouch
Jarry Stecher
Kulak Embersson

And Jarry is in the pickard spot?

I don't see how this helps the Oil. Not a bad proposal for value.
Pretty awful proposal for value if you are the Penguins. They get saddled with a longer contract than those two and on top of that it's harder to trade. All they get in return is a late 2nd round pick. Penguins are probably heading into a rebuild in a few years so those awful contracts aren't even going to matter pretty soon. I don't think that any value that Nurse has as a player really matters since they will be rebuilding.

It's a horrendous trade for the Penguins.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Pretty awful proposal for value if you are the Penguins. They get saddled with a longer contract than those two and on top of that it's harder to trade. All they get in return is a late 2nd round pick. Penguins are probably heading into a rebuild in a few years so those awful contracts aren't even going to matter pretty soon. I don't think that any value that Nurse has as a player really matters since they will be rebuilding.

It's a horrendous trade for the Penguins.
I wouldn't do it either if I were Pens.

BUT Nurse is a Top 4 NHL player today.. he'd slot in your Top 4 and might be great with Karlsson for instance (I assume Karlsson is a RHD).

He is not worth his 9 million that is true. He's not waiver fodder either though.

bleachdrinker

Sep 7, 2022
Philadelphia
I think Nurse says no to this. He has a NMC and probably wants to stay on a team that’s closer to winning than the Penguins. Can’t see how they’re moving him until that NMC becomes a 10-team no trade in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad