Value of: Jared McCann

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Unless Seattle is going to be spending money on free agent C this off season they should keep McCann at least through arbitration til next season. Beniers will need someone else to help take some of the pressure off him.
Most of our re-signings are going to be RFA's getting small to moderate raises other than McCann. Even with his new contract, I doubt McCann's AAV makes enough to impact any push for signing a 'big' FA. We have enough cap space to deal with it. Gio is off the books and there are complimentary pieces that can be moved to create more cap space if required. Soucy, Donskoi are 2 such pieces that come to mind. Maybe Driedger. Though I doubt it comes to that.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Seattle can’t expect Beniers to come in and light the league on fire. Need depth at C.

as for McCann see if he finally gets a long term deal after bouncing around with 4 nhl clubs plus his short stint as a Leaf.
Well should be noted , hextall missed the boat on this one, then dubas under estimated....it would take alot to pry McCann out of Seattle now

Reactions: Pens x

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
25 years old offensive winger, can play both sides and a bit of center, good for 50ish points, good talent, good speed, above average shot, can make good plays, can be soft on the puck, leads Seattle in scoring, but how well can he defend? How much is he worth in a trade?
Pittsburgh with the major screw up in handling the expansion draft. There was no excuse for losing McCann - dealing him to Toronto for blah and really got nothing in return.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
As has been said to you multiple times. McCann would've been lost for nothing.
Yes, but we would have kept Tanev. Some will say that was a bad move because we lost two assets instead of one. Others would say we cleared cap by getting them to take a useful but overpaid player.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Not sure if serious? Heinen, McGinn and Rodrigues have been crucial depth pieces for us.
They’ve vanished since January, it’s now March. I guess you forgot to mention ZAR, Simon and Boyle. You don’t donate Jared’ McCann at $2.9 mill and then sign ZAR to $1.75 mill.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Honestly, I think Seattle gives him a long contract with an AAV of $5M. They're going to want to get some contracts in there. If not, I see it being arbitrary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad