Prospect Info: Jared Davidson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

He's pretty spot on. I watched a lot of Seattle this year because I loved their team. Davidson is fast & drives the net with his speed.

Every forward Montreal took this year attacks the net, middle of the ice. That's the kind of game Colorado plays. That's what Montreal is building.

Obviously not everyone is going to make it, but Hughes is trying to develop an identity.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Morrison doesn't skate well and I see little to no NHL upside in him. This is why no other team picked him again despite having NHL size and scoring 100 points.

So funny that Logan Morrison was getting 2nd round pick hype here. I saw the same thing all the scouts did, that he was just an overager who beat people by being an overager.

I'm sure a team like Tampa will invite him to their dev camp and sign him to an ELC, because they need guys like that who could play as depth.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah, watching him play felt like he was more so just thinking the game faster than the less experienced kids. It was difficult to identify something in his game that would be able to elevate his game past minor pro. You never know as development can be unpredictable or maybe I am underestimating just how smart he is but clearly others were of the same mind.

I agree that he should definitely get an invite to an NHL development camp

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He is scrappy like that, lots of passion on the ice. Bobrov says he is the motor/engine of the team and that is a perfect statement in him.

What do you think about his offense? Is it overager finally figuring out the league or do you think he's on an actual late development bloom?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What do you think about his offense? Is it overager finally figuring out the league or do you think he's on an actual late development bloom?

He's improved every year. He obviously took not getting drafted seriously because you could tell he really worked on his game in his D+1 season.

He went from .083 pts/g (rookie) to .271 pts/g (draft year) to .826 pts/g to 1.39 pts/g, so there is clear progression each season including a really good jump after coming back from the Covid season to a shortened WHL season after his draft year.

He's way better than Logan Morrison. This kid has speed for days and uses it to push back D, and drive the net.

He's clearly worked on his shot. It's improved a lot and he can shoot it in stride. He's a lot stronger too.

He's already played 4 years in WHL, so it'll be interesting to see what Montreal does with him.

Does he play in Laval? Or, go back for a 5th year? Personally, I think he's ready for pro-hockey, and we can use centers in Laval.

Can see him working well with Martel or Gignac on a pure speed, forechecking line.

I guess it depends on how he does at the various camps.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He's pretty spot on. I watched a lot of Seattle this year because I loved their team. Davidson is fast & drives the net with his speed.

Every forward Montreal took this year attacks the net, middle of the ice. That's the kind of game Colorado plays. That's what Montreal is building.

Obviously not everyone is going to make it, but Hughes is trying to develop an identity.

Gotta love how consistent, aligned & logical HuGo's moves have been, including draft #1.

After MB & his "throw sh*t at the wall, hope it sticks, take credit when it does & blame /make excuses when it doesn't" approach, it's such a breath of fresh air to have competency running the org.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad