Confirmed with Link: Janmark 3x1.45

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
Would have liked it cheaper but it is likely not too bad. And even if he declines the last year you can almost totally bury it in the AHL. And he should be tradeable if necessary

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This is the best free agency day in recent memory. So f***ing happy we got him signed with how well him and Brown pair together.

So I see two potential options for the line up.

1) Trade Kane, sign Henrique:
Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Perry/Lavoie/another speedy cheap UFA signing

2) Keep Kane,
Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson
Kane-McLeod-Perry/Lavoie/another speedy cheap UFA signing
Janmark-Holloway-Brown

Kane trade gives better centre depth and more money for Ceci replacement. Keeping Kane gives them more speed and physicality.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably a bit too much for a 4th liner. But he had such a great playoffs you were definitely going to pay a tax for that.
Outside of last year his production has always tweened on low end 3rd liner/high end 4th liner. Think we'll see him return to that 25-30 point player especially with the way Brown's game turned around and the chemistry they showed together. Not only that, but the penalty killing alone is worth the extra couple hundred thousand cap hit. The Oilers quite honestly have a chance to have a top 3 PP and top 3 PK in the league next year.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Welcome back Janmark! Love the wild eyed Swedish Wolverine, the PK was absolutely stellar with the likes of him and he had some HUGE goals and plays at the most important moments.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He wasnt a 4th liner in the playoffs when it mattered...what makes you think he will be a 4th liner moving forward?
Well the fact that he's spent the entire year as a 4th liner, including in the playoffs where he was 12th among forwards in ESTOI would make me think that he'll be a 4th liner moving forward.

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
This is the best free agency day in recent memory. So f***ing happy we got him signed with how well him and Brown pair together.

So I see two potential options for the line up.

1) Trade Kane, sign Henrique:
Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Perry/Lavoie/another speedy cheap UFA signing

2) Keep Kane,
Nuge-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Drai-Arvidsson
Kane-McLeod-Perry/Lavoie/another speedy cheap UFA signing
Janmark-Holloway-Brown

Kane trade gives better centre depth and more money for Ceci replacement. Keeping Kane gives them more speed and physicality.
I've very pessimistic about Kane every being healthy again. Guys who play the physical game tend to wear out sooner rather than later, and imo his best days are behind him.

Reactions: TKB21 and Oilhawks

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I've very pessimistic about Kane every being healthy again. Guys who play the physical game tend to wear out sooner rather than later, and imo his best days are behind him.
You can be pessimistic all you want. Fact is Kane was still effective for the majority of games this season with a sports hernia. He'll be effective with a summer to recover/have surgery, and there's no need to rush him back if he's not ready for start of season. The signings of Arvidsson and Skinner have enabled that.

Now there's an argument that his money could be better spent on a 3C + Ceci upgrade, but there's also an argument to be made that he could be very effective on a line with someone like Holloway+McLeod or McLeod/Holloway and Perry, while giving the Oilers some physicality that they lack.

I think it really depends on Henrique's ask and what the market is on Ceci upgrades.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He wasnt a 4th liner in the playoffs when it mattered...what makes you think he will be a 4th liner moving forward?
In fairness, he was a 4th liner all regular season but he was also quietly good especially defensively all season even though the offensive numbers weren't there. 1.45m is solid 4th line money in a rising cap world so he's worth a good deal more than that if he plays like he did in the playoffs and at worst he's worth that money if he plays like he did in the regular season. Getting him and Brown locked up at 2.45m is about as good as we could ask for although I wish Brown was signed for an extra year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad