Confirmed with Link: Jan Jenik traded to Ottawa for Egor Sokolov

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Was Jenik playing center in Tucson? Anyone have a good breakdown of his game?
Yes, he has played center a bunch.

He's a good stickhandler who is adept at protecting the puck and has a pretty good shot and good vision and playmaking. He's improved a lot and is good on the cycle and generally pretty good without the puck, needs to work on his defensive game more but he's at minimum a great energy guy and if you put him with the right players he could definitely pot 20 in the bottom six or potentially play more of a middle six role. He was never really given any kind of chance in Arizona despite us badly needing a center and him having more skill than most of the other guys we tried. He has a great work ethic and tries hard, has steadily improved every year and done everything that's asked of him. Ottawa fans should like him a lot, he has a lot more upside than Sokolov did/does.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Jenik is primarily a winger and has major on-ice discipline issues which have hurt his ability to win the trust of coaching staffs and has limited his opportunities, as a result. He could have a future in the NHL as a 4th line pest if he could ever get control of himself and his penalty problems. More likely, he’ll never be a player.

Mosby

Clean Hits Hockey
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
cleanhits.substack.com
Jenik will have a better opportunity at playing in the NHL in Ottawa than Utah. Hopefully it's not another Bunting situation on our hands. He really should have gotten a longer look down the stretch in the past year or two, especially over some of the other waiver crap that was filling out the roster.

Reactions: Prarievarg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I imagine that having Allen Walsh as the agent didn’t help. Did we finally find the player that even Tourigny said “ya, nope?”
I think this was a change of scenery trade. Jenik is waivers eligible this year I believe but i think this was all done to accommodate a request for another opportunity. Jenik had a few opportunities but kept taking penalties which made him an unreliable option for the coaching staff. if you can't trust the player on the ice it is easy to move on to the next option.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I think this was a change of scenery trade. Jenik is waivers eligible this year I believe but i think this was all done to accommodate a request for another opportunity. Jenik had a few opportunities but kept taking penalties which made him an unreliable option for the coaching staff. if you can't trust the player on the ice it is easy to move on to the next option.
I believe he went through waivers last year already.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
I watched a lot of Sokolov in junior. He was a man amongst boys then, seemingly scoring at will many nights. But at the pro level he lacks speed. It was probably that lack of speed that led to him being passed over in 2 drafts. He has all the other tools. During COVID he spent his summers in Cape Breton during junior and did a ton of community work. You almost never see that from a euro player at that age especially a Russian. Fantastic character player.

Reactions: sundance74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad