Proposal: James VanRiemsdyk for Mikhail Sergachev

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
JVR's projected trade value is about 20th+2nd this trade deadline.

Sergachev went 9th which is close to 20th+40th on Schucker's pick value chart. Valuewise this could happen.

MTL also needs to win right now before Price gets paid and Serg is not on the team.

This trade could actually happen, depending on how much MTL wants to win right now. 2 immediate impact playoffs versus a prospect in Juniors.

Projected by whom?

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
Abstract value is about fair. Whether or not either team does this is another matter.

Curious to see Habs fans talk about futures as being of key importance for their team: the two pillars of Weber and Price are at the very peaks of their prime - would assume that now would be the time to maximize their chances of a deep playoff run

That's what fans of most teams want. Managers, on the other hand are more pragmatic and look first at being competitive. Making the playoffs is goal number one, what happens after, has as much to do with luck as anything else.

I'd see Montreal making this particular move at this time of the season, as a mistake. The trade deadline sounds better.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
The value is there but we wont be able to keep JVR contract... the dream would be to trade for a good vet whom won't have a contract next year.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
JVR has more value in a funnel but Leafs would do this due to their current rebuild. Serg is an unproven prospect, JVR is a top line Winger on a good contract (I think)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
i think this is solid value for Jvr. Beaulieu is a top 4 dman and Bryon has been good this year. i do not get why the Habs want jvr he will end up sitting in the press box with Michel Therrien as coach.The guy is lazy asf to.

I'm sorry, but if Beaulieu is in your top 4, things aren't that rosey. He's a 5-6 with potential to maybe be a 4 but he's looked awful this year and is another LHD to boot.
100% no thank you.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
yeah cause 3 1/2 year difference is certainly a 'win now' trade. Weber's game translates into 5-6 more quality years. Chara is playing at 40

And Subbans game translates to less than 5-6 years of quality play?

Weber has 5-6 quality years, then subban has 8-9 more quality years.

What does Subban do that makes you believe he wont be playing until he's in his late 30's?

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Another jvr proposal for a teams blue chip prospect..you dont say

Montreal says NO.

Try luke schenn + 3rd for jvr instead

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
JVR, Eberle, etc type one dimensional wingers dont have that kind of value. Theyre proven but cant drive a line by themselves and the risk reward of a prospect like Sergachev out weighs the offensive upgrade of improved wingers.

At the same time, people could wonder what Sergachev has done to return good established players like that.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Just imagining Montreal with JVR is a bit scary

Exactly. Now I know fans think differently from GMs but I'd be pretty grossed out to give them a piece that put them over the top unless we get exactly what we need (not a medley of B pieces)
It still kind of stings that we gave Pittsburgh a key piece to their Cup win...I couldn't imagine doing that for the Habs.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
And Subbans game translates to less than 5-6 years of quality play?

Weber has 5-6 quality years, then subban has 8-9 more quality years.

What does Subban do that makes you believe he wont be playing until he's in his late 30's?

I don't think the issue is "are they on the ice playing" it's at what level of play are they as they age.

Yes Chara played like a top pairing guy into his late 30s but he's also a. Freak of nature so I wouldn't assume evey top pairing guy will have a career path like him.

Fact is most player start to plateau and decline by 30.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Habs have a short term need for a left handed defencemen, so while yes, we are in win now mode, Sergachev is expected to be part of that as soon as next year.

Juulsen, Scherbak, and our 1st round pick would all be the type of blue chip assets we'd be willing to move for JVR. Maybe it gets done, maybe not. But I think Sergachev is a non starter in this scenario.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I don't think the issue is "are they on the ice playing" it's at what level of play are they as they age.

Yes Chara played like a top pairing guy into his late 30s but he's also a. Freak of nature so I wouldn't assume evey top pairing guy will have a career path like him.

Fact is most player start to plateau and decline by 30.

Chara was able to be effective despite his declining foot-speed by being 6'7.
Not many slow guys will be able to play late in their careers like he did.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
JVR has more value in a funnel but Leafs would do this due to their current rebuild. Serg is an unproven prospect, JVR is a top line Winger on a good contract (I think)

...do you mean "in a vacuum?"

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
ummm really? research the past dmen that have won best defenseman in the OHL. Serge is youngest to ever win it

leafs have had a couple winners, and they never amounted to much.

granted, they were older.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm sorry, but if Beaulieu is in your top 4, things aren't that rosey. He's a 5-6 with potential to maybe be a 4 but he's looked awful this year and is another LHD to boot.
100% no thank you.

I don't think beaulieu is an nhl dman, tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad