Speculation: James Hagens

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Perhaps start with drafting his brother this draft. 2nd would be to trade multiple firsts to get the pick in 2025, I don’t know if he is seen as generational talent like Bedard was, I haven’t read much so I could definitely be wrong.

Reactions: Glorydays22

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Perhaps start with drafting his brother this draft. 2nd would be to trade multiple firsts to get the pick in 2025, I don’t know if he is seen as generational talent like Bedard was, I haven’t read much so I could definitely be wrong.
He’s probably closer to Celebrini then Bedard but still a franchise player.

Reactions: SI90

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
As a native LI’er, it’s nice to see a local product mentioned among the elite; and an Isles fan at that.

If I read correctly, he broke the U18’s tournament points record.

Reactions: NYI365 and xECK29x

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
Rebuilding and selling off assets will get your more lottery tickets, but there is no guarentee.

Now with the college route, he could pull a Fox and refuse to sign/force someones hand to go where he wants, but that's about it.

His brother is in the 2024 draft as a defenseman, finding a way to draft him might be a start. They are both going to Boston College as they wanted to play together.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Welp, Hagens is from Happaugue and they say he grew up an Islanders fan. But no photo proof lol.
There was video proof posted by someone (handle is buchnevich or something, rangers fan & USA Dev team follower) where Hagens predicted a NYI cup run. I guess it's possible he was a Rangers fan trying to poison NYI's mojo, but then if I were a leprechaun, I'd have more gold.

@JJ18Sniper - A player like that is not giving up 2-3 years of earning potential. Adam Fox was a 3rd round pick. Not only did he go to Harvard, but he had a plan to graduate. Maybe the same is true with Hagens, but its not the same.

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY
There was video proof posted by someone (handle is buchnevich or something, rangers fan & USA Dev team follower) where Hagens predicted a NYI cup run. I guess it's possible he was a Rangers fan trying to poison NYI's mojo, but then if I were a leprechaun, I'd have more gold.

@JJ18Sniper - A player like that is not giving up 2-3 years of earning potential. Adam Fox was a 3rd round pick. Not only did he go to Harvard, but he had a plan to graduate. Maybe the same is true with Hagens, but its not the same.
It's a total pipedream. All we can hope is he made some promise to his parents he'd finish school first :D

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
This is just weird.
Yes but I don't care. It's cool/awesome to have people from LI make the NHL whether it's a 4th liner or whatever, to have a potential first overall pick is insanely cool, makes you feel proud. The fact they are an Isles fan? Awesome. Maybe we get a reverse Tavares. Maye not. But I think it's cool.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yes but I don't care. It's cool/awesome to have people from LI make the NHL whether it's a 4th liner or whatever, to have a potential first overall pick is insanely cool, makes you feel proud. The fact they are an Isles fan? Awesome. Maybe we get a reverse Tavares. Maye not. But I think it's cool.
Amateur hockey programs on the Island have come a long way from the Arrows and Apple Core. There are 3 high profile programs that I’m aware of…LI Gulls, the Royals (Pat Lafontoaine’s) and the Junior Islanders. They have sent their fair share of kids to the USJHL as well as D1 and D2 colleges. Pretty impressive, in my opinion.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Ok, but he's like 17.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Michael Hagens is an overager who played for the Chicago Steel.

The numbers are pretty ok and he's heading to Boston College.

I don't think many agencies see as being a likely draftee this summer. He's on the light side.

Ironically, he played with Tanner Adams, the likely midrounder from Northport who just completed his freshman season at Providence (meaning, he's got Islander pick written all over him.:))

James Hagens grew up an Islander fan and has said as much several times along the way. For those not certain of his upside, he is the likely #1 in 2025 and his impact should one day be akin to that of Auston Matthews.

Yes, he's looking like he'll be that good. In fact, like Matthews, he played at two U18 Worlds before his draft season. But he had more points at both of them.

Reactions: NYI365

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad