Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What did Darryl do to him
There was a power battle going on between Treliving and Sutter and Pelletier suffered. Sutter didnt give a shit about Pelletier. He just wanted Tre to know that Tre wasn't his boss. Sutter is a dink. I have no respect for the man. You don't treat people like that... especially young rookie players.

Jakob Pelletier was called up in early January and didn’t dress for two weeks. Pelletier eventually got into the lineup for 24 games, but that was over an 87-day stint on the NHL roster, and also saw him scratched for much of the club’s stretch drive.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
There was a power battle going on between Treliving and Sutter and Pelletier suffered. Sutter didnt give a shit about Pelletier. He just wanted Tre to know that Tre wasn't his boss. Sutter is a dink.
Or is Treliving a dink?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
To my knowledge Treliving has been nothing but respectful towards others. That can't be said about Sutter.
According to you, Treliving staked his tenure as Flames gm on Darryl's deployment of a middle six winger prospect. Sounds whack, on Tre's part. To your knowledge, Darryl lashed out at rabid media members with one simple joke, and apologized to Pelletier in person afterward. Have any other inside dirt?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
According to you, Treliving staked his tenure as Flames gm on Darryl's deployment of a middle six winger prospect. Sounds whack, on Tre's part. To your knowledge, Darryl lashed out at rabid media members with one simple joke, and apologized to Pelletier in person afterward. Have any other inside dirt?
Did he ever apologize to Huberdeau? Has he ever apologized to all the players that he's coached and think he's an asshole and refuse to play for him? Suter has a history of disrespecting players.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Did he ever apologize to Huberdeau? Has he ever apologized to all the players that he's coached and think he's an asshole and refuse to play for him? Suter has a history of disrespecting players.
Apologize to huberdeau for what? Trying to help him not have the worst decline in nhl history, for which huberdeau, coward that he is, blamed entirely on Darryl for putting him on his off wing?

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Guys this is an absolutely crazy theory, but I’m going to go with it being the brutal shoulder injury and not the joke that was made about him 2 years ago having the largest effect .

Occam’s razor people.

Reactions: Backlund

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Apologize to huberdeau for what?
I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you. I think Sutter is an asshole. You appear to think he has done nothing wrong. We'll leave it at that. We all have, and are entitled to have, our own opinion.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Guys this is an absolutely crazy theory, but I’m going to go with it being the brutal shoulder injury and not the joke that was made about him 2 years ago having the largest effect .

Occam’s razor people.
No. It was the joke. Pelletier was the next marchand, and Darryl couldn't stand it, and did everything to keep him down. It was the joke, though, that wounded him beyond repair. Ruined his career

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Occam’s razor people.
There are probably many reasons. Nothing is ever simply one reason.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Sorry, but his behaviour shouldn’t be tolerated in this day and age regardless of how good he is. That on top of his general refusal to give rope to young guys means he’s an ass and past his best before date.

Hard to say when we don't know what he actually did or said. All we know a few people hated him enough to want to leave.

And who did he refuse to play that actually deserved to play at that time? Zary and Pospisil were sent down by Huska the year after Darryl left and only got called up because of injury. Darryl also kept Zary as one of the last cuts in training camp and said he was close.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
There are probably many reasons. Nothing is ever simply one reason.
And one reason is made up by our fan base with no source, is not backed in data, and is sheer conjecture.

He also had a great limited showing in the NHL, and crushed the AHL that same season. Then he was well on his way to making our team before a brutal shoulder injury, after which his point per game dropped wildly even in the AHL. Weird how his play fell off after the shoulder surgery, and not the joke or playing under Sutter…

We get how some people hate how we manage prospects. It’s still not always coaching/managements fault.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you. I think Sutter is an asshole. You appear to think he has done nothing wrong. We'll leave it at that. We all have, and are entitled to have, our own opinion.
No, you just have no idea what happened behind the scenes and now you're backing out.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No, you just have no idea what happened behind the scenes and now you're backing out.
Sutter being an asshole and players not wanting to play for him has been pretty well documented. Look it up on Google.
I'm done with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad