Prospect Info: Jakob Pelletier, Left Wing, 26th Overall

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
His AHL numbers were better than Zary's because he played almost exclusively with Matthew Phillips while Zary was in the middle 6 with Justin Kirkland and friends. Zary has always been a better offensive player. I think Pelletier's likely path to the NHL is as a 3rd line Swiss army knife winger but he doesn't have a lot of runway left. This is a make or break year for him.
Yep…last chance

There is a better chance of him joining his buddy Phillips in Europe in a few years than playing in the NHL . Just not good enough

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
Yep…last chance

There is a better chance of him joining his buddy Phillips in Europe in a few years than playing in the NHL . Just not good enough
So he progresses absolutely perfect up until last year. Gets injured and now he is not good enough. Gimme a break.

Reactions: Fig

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
My hope is that 1 of Kuzmenko/Mantha are traded by XMas break so we can give JP a top 6 slot the rest of the year.

Fig

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
My hope is that 1 of Kuzmenko/Mantha are traded by XMas break so we can give JP a top 6 slot the rest of the year.

I like Pelts as much as the next guy, but I'd pencil him in for a middle 6, not top 6 role. To be fair, our middle 6 is kinda interchangeable as the 2nd line and we don't really run grinder lines in our top 9.

So honestly, we're kinda saying the same things IMO, just I'm hoping that Pelts can slot up and down in our top 9, but primarily in the middle 6.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Give? He has to earn it, because if he doesn't we'd be better off trading him.
Well, I mean he'll have to show something before trading another top 6er....but ya, we have to give him a real shot there to see what he can do.
I'm writing off this year as far as wins being successful. We need to see who from our current roster should be kept around 3 years from now. Talent aside, he's a pretty good team culture guy.

Fig

Dec 15, 2014
Well, I mean he'll have to show something before trading another top 6er....but ya, we have to give him a real shot there to see what he can do.
I'm writing off this year as far as wins being successful. We need to see who from our current roster should be kept around 3 years from now. Talent aside, he's a pretty good team culture guy.

I'd be loathe to lose another team culture guy. He's kinda like Tkachuk in that regards being a hype man and showing emotion on the bench.

I think Lomberg is a guy like that too. Just more emotions on the bench keeping the guys calm and motived would be great.

Fig

Dec 15, 2014
You think Lomberg is going to keep guys calm?

Sorry, I guess I meant loose. Calm in the sense that the team isn't all extra tense when things aren't going their way. Dudes that can break tension and hopefully help their teammates break through when they're snake bitten and help them not grip their sticks as tightly.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Sorry, I guess I meant loose. Calm in the sense that the team isn't all extra tense when things aren't going their way. Dudes that can break tension and hopefully help their teammates break through when they're snake bitten and help them not grip their sticks as tightly.

He'll definitely keep them engaged but its because they'll have to be with all the shit he stirs up on the ice. Conroy is smart for bringing him back, with him and Pospisil at least when we lose it will still be entertaining and it won't be as easy for guys to just check out of the season.

Fig

Dec 15, 2014
What number is he?
giphy.webp

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Big year for Pelletier. I'm hoping he can develop into a slightly lesser Mangiapane. I don't think he scores enough at the NHL level to not be a possession monster. He needs that element to his game.

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
I think it would be good for him to add 10-15 lbs of muscle to his frame to be honest, he's a pretty trim guy. I would be surprised if he's 170. Hasn't really filled into a "man" body yet.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I doubt any of them are holding out and they have a ton of cap space, no? I admit to not looking it up ahead of time.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Still tons of RFAs unsigned around the league, a lot of them much bigger names than Pelletier, Schwindt, or Solovyov.

I dunno if that's atypical really but it does seem like a lot of teams are cutting it close with camps starting so soon.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Still tons of RFAs unsigned around the league, a lot of them much bigger names than Pelletier, Schwindt, or Solovyov.

I dunno if that's atypical really but it does seem like a lot of teams are cutting it close with camps starting so soon.
I feel like it has been trending this way a little more every year.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I only really see him on the 4th line with what he’s shown so far. Pelts-Rooney-Lomberg could work out but ideally he signs a 2-way, he’s not an nhler yet

Ledge And Dairy

I only really see him on the 4th line with what he’s shown so far. Pelts-Rooney-Lomberg could work out but ideally he signs a 2-way, he’s not an nhler yet
Weird take. He was an NHLer in 21/22, he was a shoe in for 22/23 but had a major injury in the preseason, he came back and got another small injury from a suicide pass next to Trouba of all people. Yeah last year sucked for him but I can't imagine he doesn't make the team this year. Even if he signs a 2-way deal he still has to pass through waivers which I doubt he will. Our best option is to play him with Backs and Coleman

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
With just shy of 20 million available it would sure be nice if Conroy could pull a move that is a real banger . Like Huby's 10.5 out and 20+ million in ,

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

How odd. Solovyov & Schwindt remain unsigned as well according to capwages.
Flames front office usually goes on summer vacation during the last part of August probably a factor there.

Likely done before the start of camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad