Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Imo not even close, Jake Sanderson is beyond an elite level d-man, when you iso the guy game to game its almost like McDavid playing defense and i don't say that lightly. rivals the the Stone, Alfie, Karlsson picks as an all timer!
Stone and Alfie were very late draft picks, both in the 6th round, so not sure it's comparable to first round picks. But I agree that Sandy and Karl in the 1st round were beauties.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
When Sanderson wins his first Norris there will be no controversy like there was when Karlsson won it.

He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Senators.

Yeah, right. Any time a Senator wins anything there will always be controversy.

Some Leaf or Hab fan will say his hits per 60 minutes ratio is too low or he doesn't play a full two minutes on every penalty kill or he doesn't win enough face offs.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Kid's a gamebreaker. Elite elite skating, elite play on the defensive side and the offensive instincts are starting to mature. His positioning is on a level very few defensemen are, he tracks the puck insanely well, his hockey IQ is off the charts and he has physical gifts few guys have. What a f***ing stud this guy is. Every time I get to watch him it's a pleasure.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
When Sanderson wins his first Norris there will be no controversy like there was when Karlsson won it.

He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Senators.

Ironically if he wins one it will be that he didn’t score enough points and that others with more points would be more worthy.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Sometimes I visit this thread and have a giggle

So many people on this website that shouldn't be allowed to drive
One of the greatest threads of all time for pure uninformed stupidity. f*** man, now I have to go back and give it a look again.

Stone and Alfie were very late draft picks, both in the 6th round, so not sure it's comparable to first round picks. But I agree that Sandy and Karl in the 1st round were beauties.
I think it is comparable, just because if we had f***ed up, we'd have Drysdale and not Sanderson the Great. So nothing much vs perennial Norris caliber player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad