Votes: 85 45.5%
  • Jeff Petry

Votes: 102 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
same tier imo, I like Muzzin's ability to positively affect possession despite the heavily defensive usage, Petry's obviously a better offensive player and logging huge minutes. Coin flip

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
petry has one 40 point season to muzzins 3, yeah petry has been better this season but muzzin plays on a horrible team that cant do anything.
not to mention he's pretty top notch defensively, if you believe advanced metrics.

I don't know, I read through all the interviews of scouts, coaches, GMs, etc, in the Athletic, and it sure as hell sounds to me like the Leafs picked up one hell of a player.

I'm just a little surprised they didn't go for a rightie. Maybe you take what you can get? And he's on a good salary too.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
not to mention he's pretty top notch defensively, if you believe advanced metrics.

I don't know, I read through all the interviews of scouts, coaches, GMs, etc, in the Athletic, and it sure as hell sounds to me like the Leafs picked up one hell of a player.

I'm just a little surprised they didn't go for a rightie. Maybe you take what you can get? And he's on a good salary too.
yeah, muzzin is better defensively for sure. Right-handed was prefered by mgmt but the price and quality of the dman we got was really good. I Rielly or Muzzin are capable of playing there offside might be a bit of an adjustment but should be good before the playoffs start.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Petry having the better year, Muzzin has a better track record. if this is just this season - petry, if this is career wise - muzzin

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Before the trade I would have said I would take Muzzin over Petry every time but I would have speculated the cost to get Muzzin would be more than Petry so would have said Petry was more realistic.

In reality they are likely pretty close but Muzzin has the better track record of this type of play vs Petry having a career year.

Reactions: DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Before the trade I would have said I would take Muzzin over Petry every time but I would have speculated the cost to get Muzzin would be more than Petry so would have said Petry was more realistic.

In reality they are likely pretty close but Muzzin has the better track record of this type of play vs Petry having a career year.

This is exactly right ^^^^^

Muzzin for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad