Value of: Jake Guentzel at 50%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Meier had an incredibly high $10 million QO which teams may have been scared he would want to take instead of signing a long term deal.

You’re not going to find another player that has performed at the level in the playoffs as Guentzel no matter who he or they have played with. That is what every team wants.
1+yr UFA return more than UFA.
can you afford a player is a factor in ALL trades.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Next year is only going to be worse. Sharks will probably end up with a lottery pick whether it’s this year or next.
Hopefully they finally realize that this teams isn't going to compete anymore and accept it once and for all. Stop moving picks and prospects to try and salvage a playoff appearance ...

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Meier also had team control after the season as an RFA vs being a UFA.

he’s also played with a top center over the years. How much is him driving vs him benefiting?

Jake led the Pens in scoring at a 40G and PPG pace with Evan Rodrigues as his center when Sid and Geno missed the first couple months of the season like two years ago.

He's a top 10-15 LW in the league with or without Sid.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Jake led the Pens in scoring at a 40G and PPG pace with Evan Rodrigues as his center when Sid and Geno missed the first couple months of the season like two years ago.

I don't know who is more underrated - Guentzel or Malkin.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Who was his center?

he’s not a top 10 LW without Sid is my point. Thst is before we touch on age in this.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Taking on Karlsson at 10M and then trading away Guentzel at 6M seems ridiculous. There has to be a better option to clear cap. Unless they are out of the playoffs and Guentzel can't be extended I suppose, we are a long way away from that point.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if PIT couldn't free up cap space more easily by shipping Carter to Montreal along with a 2nd. You might even get someone like Evans at 50% for another 2nd.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I wonder if PIT couldn't free up cap space more easily by shipping Carter to Montreal along with a 2nd. You might even get someone like Evans at 50% for another 2nd.
If you could get Carter to waive his iron clad NMC, Dubas would likely reward you handsomely.

If Carter was willing to waive he’d be back in Cali with SJ with the rest of the Pens misfit toys.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
If you could get Carter to waive his iron clad NMC, Dubas would likely reward you handsomely.

If Carter was willing to waive he’d be back in Cali with SJ with the rest of the Pens misfit toys.
I wonder if by the trade deadline, he might be open to being moved, since it would be a 20-game vacation and he wouldn't need to actually move to a new home.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I wonder if by the trade deadline, he might be open to being moved, since it would be a 20-game vacation and he wouldn't need to actually move to a new home.
By that time, he’s likely not willing to leave if the team is doing well and it wouldn’t be worth paying to get rid of him if the Pens suck.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Penguins have no flexibility in their roster.

What would a team give up for Jake at 50%..?

Looking for a cap dump, 1st and somewhat NHL ready prospect.

The value would be insane and a GM would give up a lot, I'm sure we'll get idiotic replies for offers though. Because apparently 40 goal scorers with that kind of playoff pedigree at 29yrs old are readily available or some shit.

I think we could get a 1st, young player and prospect for Jake at that kind of retention since a team that will want Jake would be a playoff team.

I could even see the Wild being really interested as Billy G knows the worth of Jake coming home and how to keep him there with an extension.

I'd do 1st, Rossi, and Beckham for Guentzel, first being top 10 protected and conditional one Jake re-signing or Wild making it to the WCF or some stipulated bs that gets Gms hyped to make such conditions.

All contingent on Sullivan being fired asap as any return we get will never get a chance with that tosser still around.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
The value would be insane and a GM would give up a lot, I'm sure we'll get idiotic replies for offers though. Because apparently 40 goal scorers with that kind of playoff pedigree at 29yrs old are readily available or some shit.

I think we could get a 1st, young player and prospect for Jake at that kind of retention since a team that will want Jake would be a playoff team.

I could even see the Wild being really interested as Billy G knows the worth of Jake coming home and how to keep him there with an extension.

I'd do 1st, Rossi, and Beckham for Guentzel, first being top 10 protected and conditional one Jake re-signing or Wild making it to the WCF or some stipulated bs that gets Gms hyped to make such conditions.

All contingent on Sullivan being fired asap as any return we get will never get a chance with that tosser still around.
Dude dream on. Wild are f cap wise! They aren’t trading an ascending C prospect who’s been amazing this year, 1st & for a winger they have less than zero need for. They aren’t kaprizov or boldy. They just gave new extensions to zuccarrello, Marcus j, foligno, etc.. so no. They also just spent two 1st round picks on wings, so Minnesota isn’t interested at all.

So go to another team. Jake wouldn’t be resigned being Minnesota has zero zero capspace

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Seriously, the Pens could use the help now while their stars are still playing well enough to give them a chance. They can't really trade this guy for futures.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Pittsburgh
Penguins have no flexibility in their roster.

What would a team give up for Jake at 50%..?

Looking for a cap dump, 1st and somewhat NHL ready prospect.
I definitely don't want to do this from a Pens perspective unless we are completely out of the playoff picture by the TDL

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
1st, Marchment and Bourque for Jake at 50%.
He’s earned it but with our cap we wouldn’t be able to resign Guentzel so it’d only be for this seasons run and wouldn’t give up Bourque. Pens wouldn’t have to retain 50% which doesn’t matter to them if they were looking to trade him which I don’t see happening.

I know the Pens would want a prospect like Bourque (and our 1st being a late 1st) for taking on a few more years of Marchment though.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He’s earned it but with our cap we wouldn’t be able to resign Guentzel so it’d only be for this seasons run and wouldn’t give up Bourque. Pens wouldn’t have to retain 50% which doesn’t matter to them if they were looking to trade him which I don’t see happening.

I know the Pens would want a prospect like Bourque (and our 1st being a late 1st) for taking on a few more years of Marchment though.

If there was more added, I’d do Benn instead of Marchment if there was some retention lol.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad