Prospect Info: Jake Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hockey gods/ghosts punishing the team on account of ownerships complete disregard for the legacy of excellence the franchise once knew.
Hockey gods are punishing the fans for constantly complaining about everything and wanting and wishing people to lose their jobs and ridiculing people who didn’t finish high school

Reactions: ChoseLa

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I missed the game but I saw the hit on the highlights. Damn! I hope he is ok. That was one of the most brutal hits I've seen in years.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Hockey gods are punishing the fans for constantly complaining about everything and wanting and wishing people to lose their jobs and ridiculing people who didn’t finish high school

Or maybe punishing fans for spending time & energy complaining needlessly about other fans...

Reactions: Peanut and Mdamico

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I thought the hit was relatively routine. he just fell awkward.

I admit I only saw it once, at a bar, after a few drinks. I just remember the spinning through the air so maybe it wasn’t as bad as it looked to me. I’ll rewatch later.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Kotkaniemi claims this was a cheap shot and should not be allowed in hockey. Well better get used to it kid, this is how hockey is played here.
It was a high hit, but they do happen.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
It was a high hit, but they do happen.
Yeah it's unfortunate but he's playing with the big boys. You really have to be careful when crossing the blue line. Have to know who's in front of you and know when to get out of the way.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
High hit, extension through the elbow to the face. It was a hit intending to injure another player.

Just look at how Football is being treated now, you have to hit the body, hitting up high is not being tolerated.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Mrb1p

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Pretty much all it comes down too. I don't think there was any intent to injure, probably expected just to knock the kid on his ass or back. Unfortunately he smashed his head on the ice and got knocked out.
Ya you see that play all the time, it's literally the job of the defender to make that play.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
So the guy had his head down and didn't see it coming?

Edit: it's just weird Aspirot just pushes him and the guy goes down like a wrestler. The hit wasn't high at all...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat Herder

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So the guy had his head down and didn't see it coming?

Edit: it's just weird Aspirot just pushes him and the guy goes down like a wrestler. The hit wasn't high at all...

His heads up the entire way. Aspirot is a clown who's just making a high "show" hit to make a name for himself in a tournament. Shoulder down, through the center of the body.. easy to make. He chooses to stay high, hit high, and extend his arms through the head area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine