Player Discussion Jake Evans (Part II)

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
As much as I like Evans, 3 M$ for a 4th liner is bad cap management in my opinion.

Having a guy like Beck should give us the flexibility to trade a guy like Evans when his value is at its peak.
If you're getting this version of Evans for the next 2-3 years, he's worth keeping. Playing like a 3rd liner right now. He's one of our faster guys, and he's been one of our most consistent players so far this season. Evans and Beck on the PK together would be deadly.

Reactions: Andrei79

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If you want Evans back next season, how much are you willing to pay?

He's still only 28 and has only gotten better and smarter every year. He's versatile, you can play him in any position, on any line, in any situation. He's fast, relentless ans responsible defensively. He's in the Danault/Lehkonen mold of players that are worth more than their contracts. Id comfortably give him 4-5 years around 3M$. He's not a player I find will take away room from the young players. I'll add the team needs players that can show the young players the ropes defensively. That was one of the mistakes trading a high end defensive player like Lehkonen. That was lost experience/knowledge though I fully understand why they did.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If you're getting this version of Evans for the next 2-3 years, he's worth keeping. Playing like a 3rd liner right now. He's one of our faster guys, and he's been one of our most consistent players so far this season. Evans and Beck on the PK together would be deadly.

I don't disagree... And if we had no alternative, I think resigning him would be a given. It all depends on what you get get for him on the market.

We do have weak C depth in the short term if we move both Evans and Dvorak this year, so keeping Evans until a guy like Hage comes along would make sense. I'm all for keeping him if it's closer to 2 M$ a year.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Not according to NHL Edge data.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's still only 28 and has only gotten better and smarter every year. He's versatile, you can play him in any position, on any line, in any situation. He's fast, relentless ans responsible defensively. He's in the Danault/Lehkonen mold of players that are worth more than their contracts. Id comfortably give him 4-5 years around 3M$. He's not a player I find will take away room from the young players. I'll add the team needs players that can show the young players the ropes defensively. That was one of the mistakes trading a high end defensive player like Lehkonen. That was lost experience/knowledge though I fully understand why they did.
👍

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Overpayment
This one is a tough call.
For me if the idea is to play Evans as a 4 he isn't going to be worth that type of coin.
The reality is Evans has hardly played that 4C role in the last three seasons.
Much depends on how much growth we get out of Beck and Kapanen this year.
My guess is he gets moved at TDL I'm convinced we will be sellers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad