Player Discussion Jake Evans (Part II)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm afraid he's gonna have to start blocking shots.
I like Jake as a three but not as a four and yes my one criticism of his play on the PK is he's missing a physical component to be really good.
Blocking shots and getting in passing lanes isn't his forte his positional awareness and anticipation is.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's playing really well since the start of the season, really an ideal 4th line center.

It will be sad when he his inevitably traded.
He's playing on the 3rd line :huh:
And no I don't think he's an ideal 4th line center.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Been playing well, looks “manlier”. PK doing well too.

I thought I’d say because I’m usually so down on the bottom 6.
He has definitely benefitted from a big role last year. No team plans to give a player like Evans that kind of TOI in a non-tank situation, but it leads to a silver lining of giving him tons of development time. He's never going to be a top6 player obviously, but it shows how much decision making and IQ can be improved with experience. He's 29 now and he hasn't stopped working on himself.

love to see a 7th rounder carve out a respectable career

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Only UFA I would sign. He wouldn’t break the bank.

Very versatile guy who is good on the PK

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
He has definitely benefitted from a big role last year. No team plans to give a player like Evans that kind of TOI in a non-tank situation, but it leads to a silver lining of giving him tons of development time. He's never going to be a top6 player obviously, but it shows how much decision making and IQ can be improved with experience. He's 29 now and he hasn't stopped working on himself.

love to see a 7th rounder carve out a respectable career

His IQ was always very good, he has taken the time to improve his puck skills and now has the confidence to take advantage of his skating and IQ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad