Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It sounds like the issue with Debrusk in Boston was consistency. When he was on his game he looked elite. Hopefully he manages to put things together. Miller took steps forward from his later 20s

Reactions: Coffees

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I think he's been fine.

His speed with and without the puck has been noticeable and he hasn't really been weak in any area.

If Petey converted on one of the chances Debrusk setup for him yesterday he'd have 2 primary points in 3 games.

Reactions: bossram

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think he's been fine.

His speed with and without the puck has been noticeable and he hasn't really been weak in any area.

If Petey converted on one of the chances Debrusk setup for him yesterday he'd have 2 primary points in 3 games.
Yep, he's created chances for Petey. He's playing fairly well. Deserves some more points.

I've also noticed him taking on a lot of DZ responsibility, especially helping the defensemen win wall battles and break out. I've had no issues with Debrusk at all.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Yep, he's created chances for Petey. He's playing fairly well. Deserves some more points.

I've also noticed him taking on a lot of DZ responsibility, especially helping the defensemen win wall battles and break out. I've had no issues with Debrusk at all.
Ok.

I sort of forgot about him.

Need to make an effort and pay attention to him.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
he hasn't been bad but the bar is pretty high for someone on that contract. he needs to stand out more imo

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
He's pretty much been as advertised coming over from Boston. I don't think the contract is terrible, but if you think he'll outperform it you need to see more out of Pettersson, or maybe move him up with Miller.

He's just not a guy who is going to drive a line without higher-level play from the centre.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Agree he's been decent.

I think his best value will be as a power winger that can help open things up for 40 be able to hold onto pucks down low and crash the net.

Gotta have some patience

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
He's pretty much been as advertised coming over from Boston. I don't think the contract is terrible, but if you think he'll outperform it you need to see more out of Pettersson, or maybe move him up with Miller.

He's just not a guy who is going to drive a line without higher-level play from the centre.

I feel like he’s ideally the third wheel on a top 6 line but with the makeup of the team he’s likely not going to get that opportunity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad